Dylan Walker signs with Warriors for 3 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When I said our longest drought by seasons, I was not including 2000-2002. Yes you are right that if we don’t win it by 2023 then we will be in our longest drought by years, which I also mentioned in that post.
Really doesn't matter. Now if we don't keep up our record of winning a premiership every decade since the seventies, then I'll be super peeved. Which isn't to sau I wouldn't be happy with three this decade.

When I said our longest drought by seasons, I was not including 2000-2002. Yes you are right that if we don’t win it by 2023 then we will be in our longest drought by years, which I also mentioned in that post.
I think this is splitting hairs. The fact is our club was not successful (in terms of premierships) in the period 1996-2008.
Walker’s recruitment and time here have been a part of that.
In the same period, Jake & Marty have also been part of our drought. We can give DCE & Foran a pass as they have at least played in a GF since 2011. For the sake of pure pedantry it could be mentioned that Walker has played more finals games (6) than Turbo (4). Of course, Turbo has contributed much more to our overall success. The main issue with Walker has been the amount of time he's spent off the field rather than his performances on the field. If we wish to point to particular factors contributing to our drought, poor management, including Barratt's recruitment should be cited.

Last edited:
So Dylan "s 7 th season with Manly now , doesn "t seem that much and unfortunately quite disjointed over the duration . Of course a quality player regardless and hope that he can really put in this season but for a range of reasons , haven't really got full value from him previously . Probably inevitable that he would not be retained , had something like 4 years on about 600 k , then back to 465 k or so and now in the 350 range i think and not much prospect at Manly of receiving much more . Took his opportunity with a much bigger and longer term contract on offer and good luck to him . Injury free and at his best whether as a centre , 6 or utility, again , always thought that he was a quality player .

I’ve been off grid for 3-4 days no internet , the first three pieces of news I get

Rod Marsh died.
A Nuclear power plant in Ukraine is on fire.
Dylan Walker is gone.

The first two are pretty important the last one not so.

Whilst he’s valuable we can’t stop the youth or it’ll be then going elsewhere.

Good move MWSE.

I think this is splitting hairs. The fact is our club was not successful (in terms of premierships) in the period 1996-2008.

In the same period, Jake & Marty have also been part of our drought. We can give DCE & Foran a pass as they have at least played in a GF since 2011. For the sake of pure pedantry it could be mentioned that Walker has played more finals games (6) than Turbo (4). Of course, Turbo has contributed much more to our overall success. The main issue with Walker has been the amount of time he's spent off the field rather than his performances on the field. If we wish to point to particular factors contributing to our drought, poor management, including Barratt's recruitment should be cited.

You could say Marty and Jake are part of the drought and it wouldn’t go against my post. They’re all parts and I said Dylan was a part too.

Just sad that the club hasn’t rebuilt itself like it did in the 2000’s when we literally had to start from rock bottom.

Just sad that the club hasn’t rebuilt itself like it did in the 2000’s when we literally had to start from rock bottom.
At least it appears we are on the right track now with good juniors coming through. I think our young front rowers will capably replace Marty (after he departs at the end of this season) & also, Tuilagi will be a handy addition to our pack next year.

I’ve been off grid for 3-4 days no internet , the first three pieces of news I get

Rod Marsh died.
A Nuclear power plant in Ukraine is on fire.
Dylan Walker is gone.

The first two are pretty important the last one not so.

Whilst he’s valuable we can’t stop the youth or it’ll be then going elsewhere.

Good move MWSE.
The very good games Walker played in, were the ones he was fully fit with no lingering niggling injuries. For Walker to be at his best, a lot of factors had to be in play, with most of them, between his head.

This is how I see our x factor off the bench (well, hoping anyone) If Faniu gets off, I see him still coming off the bench initially, I cannot see him starting and playing 80 mins, not for a while anyway.

I still see Crocker starting, doing a lot of defense early and shoring up that middle and then have Faniu come on after 30 mins (possibly playing the rest of the game from that point) He would provide much more X factor around the ruck which we still desperately need.

I think walker can add value and often gets us on the front foot, but also sometimes can cramp the ball playing role, as we effectively have 3 halves playing in the middle.

I think Lawton can cover the utility role and the other 2 spots left to a front row rotation. We have some depth in that back row and prop to cover injury, a player like Davey Im sure could also provide that utility role off the bench (outside back cover)

Shame… we just absolutely refused to play this kid in his natural position.. wasn’t he Australian centre the year before he signed with us? And we spend the next 6 years trying to turn him into a 5:8, give up on that and now just play him wherever off the bench for some reason…
Will go down as one of the biggest wastes of a player by manly.. imo he’s a better centre than Parker and Harper and should have been there the last 4 years ATLEAST

Shame… we just absolutely refused to play this kid in his natural position.. wasn’t he Australian centre the year before he signed with us? And we spend the next 6 years trying to turn him into a 5:8, give up on that and now just play him wherever off the bench for some reason…
Will go down as one of the biggest wastes of a player by manly.. imo he’s a better centre than Parker and Harper and should have been there the last 4 years ATLEAST
The best season he ever had for us was at centre in 2017 but the injury to his ankle was career threatening (similar to Yow Yeh). Thankfully he came back but not with the same speed. He is also a pretty average defender on the edge...willing but not always effective. Then he played up and missed footy whilst other players grabbed opportunities. Then he came back and had to take whatever he could get...

So, in some ways, he has injury and his own stupidity to blame, as much as our selectors, for his lack of consistent game time in the centres.

Many Injury stints on the side lines and being stood down over various indiscretions have cruelled his chances of locking down a permanent position within the team. Hence, his bench role these days..

Schuster would make an incredible 13. Don’t use him off the bench though. He should play 80. He would be the best ball playing forward in the game before long.
Yes! A gifty 2.0 ! So jake to prop and Foran to stay another couple years (2 max or at least another year)?

Walker has always been our best center, fastest most elusive and most x factor. He went pretty well at 5/8 under dessie especially in the finals but then the next year he was injured early in "that" game and like snake said had to take what he could when he cane back. Credit to him he was brilliant last season in that 14 role, he was dangerous, precious and was all about the team. Lets hope we can spend him off a manly great this season!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8