Dylan Walker signs with Warriors for 3 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really detest the system that allows players to sign contracts a year out.

The question is how much will Dylan be committed to our cause now? If he is not we need him go head to his new club and give guys a go who WANT to be here!

He will be committed. Everyone wants to win a premiership, or another one for Dylan. Playing 100% committed for Manly gives him a great chance to do it.
He sure won't win one with the Warriors.

We have enough young people coming through that losing Walkers helps Manly to keep, and Lawton can play the utility position.
Hope he has a blinder this year

Good attacking players but not a middle forward when it comes to defense, as was seen in his **** display against the Raiders on Friday.

I'm mixed on this. In someways, it makes sense to let him go due to his asking price. He is no world beater, but he can certainly attract 600+ a season...

On the other hand, he has been really strong at 14 and although he comes off the bench, he pretty much plays 60 minutes so for a forward, that's good minutes. He is dangerous around the tired forwards and I thought he showed plenty in defence (particularly against Souths in the semi-final last year).

I also feel kinda sad that he never really strung consistent football together. I remember he was exceptional in 2017 for us at centre. Then he had some bad injuries and made poor choices off the field and we've never really got 2-3 good years in a row from him.

Not sad to see him go, always something going on with Walker either off the field or he’s injured a lot. In my opinion has never lived up to the hype from when he signed, had a good last year as bench cover option but he was signed as a rep player and has failed to live up to it.

He might not of got an offer for next year with Manly , Warriors come in with a 3 year deal it’s no brainer for him to sign that contract , Good luck to him
It gives an opportunity for a young player next year . Manly have a host of young players wanting an opportunity, I think it’s a win win for both parties

I still feel he got more from Manly than what the club got from him.
I’m not sure it’s because he is hanging out with a bunch of speedsters but gees he is looking slower and less explosive these days which makes me giggle at the 3 year deal.
Cliffy lost pace but not footy smarts. Not sure about Walks in this regard.

Just a tad sad he's leaving but good on him. The plus side is it'll help secure the younger guys coming through. Hope Dylan's true to his word "I am determined to ensure that my final season at Manly is a great and successful one" - and I hope it is too.
Let's hope so - his new employers will be having a good hard look at him for the rest of this year.
He was good, but he had more potential than he often showed for us.

It's a smart move - I thought he may be tempted to go to Redcliffe, but this is better for him. Probably a lot more laid-back in NZ than being one of Bennett's Bunch.
He can go out for pizza with AFB and talk about the old days - for 3 years.

I'm mixed on this. In someways, it makes sense to let him go due to his asking price. He is no world beater, but he can certainly attract 600+ a season...

On the other hand, he has been really strong at 14 and although he comes off the bench, he pretty much plays 60 minutes so for a forward, that's good minutes. He is dangerous around the tired forwards and I thought he showed plenty in defence (particularly against Souths in the semi-final last year).

I also feel kinda sad that he never really strung consistent football together. I remember he was exceptional in 2017 for us at centre. Then he had some bad injuries and made poor choices off the field and we've never really got 2-3 good years in a row from him.
Agree with this summation. But if losing him means we can keep the young talent then I’m all for it.

He might not of got an offer for next year with Manly , Warriors come in with a 3 year deal it’s no brainer for him to sign that contract , Good luck to him
I agree. Apparently, he has only secured one year deals for the last 2-3 years. In six months, he will be twenty eight, so it makes sense to accept a longer deal for the financial security of his family. He is contracted in 2022 for $465k. I assume his three year deal with the Warriors will be @ 1.6M to 1.8M. If he is free of injuries, I expect Dylan to have a big final year with the Sea Eagles.

I agree. Apparently, he has only secured one year deals for the last 2-3 years. In six months, he will be twenty eight, so it makes sense to accept a longer deal for the financial security of his family. He is contracted in 2022 for $465k. I assume his three year deal with the Warriors will be @ 1.6M to 1.8M. If he is free of injuries, I expect Dylan to have a big final year with the Sea Eagles.

Dylan has played one trial game and is already injured.
Hopefully this will be the last time he is injured this season.

Hopefully this will be the last time he is injured this season.
I don't know if this accurate, but the NRL Casualty Ward doesn't include Walker. It shows Taupau & Davey available for Rd 1 & Haumole for Rd 2

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8