Dylan Walker injuries thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The dylan injury is becoming a problem. Who does trent give a crack for 4 weeks.
Kelly - keeps his spot if your going to invest here be unwise to flick him. May be goalkicking option. Needs to push up in line. Imo will start.
Parker - limited chances has a crack, hits a hole well. Defence a little better than kelly.
Matt wright - solid, can kick goals. However slower than phil tufnell spinners. Defence okay and get rag dolled with ball.
Tom wright - kids time will come. Great footwork and vision. But he only young is it a risk yes.

Too bad that Manly put off a required surgery and let Walks go off to play instead :confused:
Disagree HM, Dylan would have wanted the chance to play for Australia and the club's attitude would be noted, and appreciated, by Dylan and maybe even by others thinking of joining the club.

Typical poor management by the club!
In the end the club is paying Walker's wages and if he had an injury that needed surgery (aka Milford), then he should have been off getting surgery!!
The fact that the existing injury could have been aggravated should have been enough reason.

Anyone who thinks that the "club's attitude would be noted, and appreciated" is living in a f***ing fairytale!

The NRL is a business, as much to the players as the clubs, and there's little or no loyalty..............yet alone this sort of bullsh*t meaning anything to them!

Definitely agree with @NLSeaEagle given that Walker was already carrying a shoulder injury requiring surgery. It was extremely irresponsible of the club to allow walker to play. He should have been booked in for surgery as soon as the season finished to allow ample time for recovery. Thurston had shoulder reconstruction and it was said he faced at least a six-month recovery. So why risk your star player??

Definitely agree with @NLSeaEagle given that Walker was already carrying a shoulder injury requiring surgery. It was extremely irresponsible of the club to allow walker to play. He should have been booked in for surgery as soon as the season finished to allow ample time for recovery. Thurston had shoulder reconstruction and it was said he faced at least a six-month recovery. So why risk your star player??
Maybe the star player wanted to play ?

Just watching the way manly play all the good ball goes to tom, the centres get diddly squat creative opportunities.

I'm not sure that the results support that argument. Tom Trbojevic certainly is a go to player especially in the middle of the field but the following are the tries scored by the outside back this year

Tom T: 12
Taufua: 8
Walker: 12
Kelly: 8
Uate: 14
Matt Wright: 6
Parker : 1

What these figures suggest is that Manly scored heavily in the outside backs so the ball was getting to them consistently. Tom is always going to score a lot of tries but no more than Walker and less than Uate. In fact the other wing combining Taufua and Matt Wright also totalled 14 tries. The criticism of young Kelly in my opinion was excessive for a first year player. He scored 8 tries and his winger Taufua/M.Wright scored just as many as Walker's winger Uate, showing he was giving good service to his flankman. I think the coach has got it just about right in the backs. Seems balanced across the park, which most teams dont have. We also were close to if not the highest scoring outside back set in the comp.

I'm not sure that the results support that argument. Tom Trbojevic certainly is a go to player especially in the middle of the field but the following are the tries scored by the outside back this year

Tom T: 12
Taufua: 8
Walker: 12
Kelly: 8
Uate: 14
Matt Wright: 6
Parker : 1

What these figures suggest is that Manly scored heavily in the outside backs so the ball was getting to them consistently. Tom is always going to score a lot of tries but no more than Walker and less than Uate. In fact the other wing combining Taufua and Matt Wright also totalled 14 tries. The criticism of young Kelly in my opinion was excessive for a first year player. He scored 8 tries and his winger Taufua/M.Wright scored just as many as Walker's winger Uate, showing he was giving good service to his flankman. I think the coach has got it just about right in the backs. Seems balanced across the park, which most teams dont have. We also were close to if not the highest scoring outside back set in the comp.
This does not mean that there is no room for improvement on Matt Wright and Kelly .
In our first and only semi final big game this year against the Panthers all those figures and stats of yours went out the window .
The moment you start reducing expectation you introduce complacency and great things never come from comfort zones .

Now Bozo I'm certainly not allowing myself too slip into the complacency of mediocrity. I'm not reducing expectations, I'm merely suggesting that some expectations are a little over the top.

We cant all be Wally Lewis in our first year in the NRL (actually he was 28 when he played his first game in the then called ARL). I was seeking to get some things into proportion, noting that young Kelly had a good year for a first year top grader. Not great, and certainly dipped in form for much of the second half of the year, but he didnt play poorly, just not as effectively as in the first half of the year.

Fair criticism is warranted, but it should be constructive with this kid, not damaging.

Now Bozo I'm certainly not allowing myself too slip into the complacency of mediocrity. I'm not reducing expectations, I'm merely suggesting that some expectations are a little over the top.

We cant all be Wally Lewis in our first year in the NRL (actually he was 28 when he played his first game in the then called ARL). I was seeking to get some things into proportion, noting that young Kelly had a good year for a first year top grader. Not great, and certainly dipped in form for much of the second half of the year, but he didnt play poorly, just not as effectively as in the first half of the year.

Fair criticism is warranted, but it should be constructive with this kid, not damaging.
Fair enough feathered friend . I see your point .

That is a good point, although it's very hard to argue that he didn't have some very poor games towards the back end of the season. Against the Bulldogs I struggled to watch, due to the fact that whenever the dogs came to him he'd backpeddle or just plain stop, leading to plenty of tries. Recovered well against the Panthers in rd 26, although that inconsistency, or rather lack of confidence, is worrying

Should have a better 2018, and a good offseason will work wonders with him, but he will still have some flaws for a while to come. This year was a huge learning curve for him, not certain he will overcome his flaws, but i'm hoping he will

I'm sure he wanted to play but the club has to make an executive decision in the best interest of the club.
What, just in case he broke his leg?
Walker's injury had nothing to do with the shoulder, it was simply bad luck.
Unless you just mean clubs should always pull players from rep duty anytime they can get away with it, which is a different argument really.
Without knowing all the details of the shoulder problem I don't see this as an obvious fail by the club.

What, just in case he broke his leg?
Walker's injury had nothing to do with the shoulder, it was simply bad luck.
Unless you just mean clubs should always pull players from rep duty anytime they can get away with it, which is a different argument really.
Without knowing all the details of the shoulder problem I don't see this as an obvious fail by the club.
Understand that Walker's injury in png was very unfortunate. However my point is that he was carrying an injured shoulder that always required surgery in the off-season. IMO the priority would have been to get this over and done with, get him into rehab, match fit in time for season proper. Not suggesting clubs should stop players from representing their country otherwise.

Understand that Walker's injury in png was very unfortunate. However my point is that he was carrying an injured shoulder that always required surgery in the off-season. IMO the priority would have been to get this over and done with, get him into rehab, match fit in time for season proper. Not suggesting clubs should stop players from representing their country otherwise.
Walker was going to have surgery anyway so he wasn't risking any more damage to it . Walker would have requested to play for Australia along side his team mates and then have his surgery .
I think the club did the right thing by Walker and as SER8 said the injury was just bad luck .

Walker was going to have surgery anyway so he wasn't risking any more damage to it . Walker would have requested to play for Australia along side his team mates and then have his surgery .
I think the club did the right thing by Walker and as SER8 said the injury was just bad luck .
Bad luck and bad timing which ever way you look at it . Bad management no.

Wearing hindsight glasses it was the worst call ever. Agree absolute **** luck. Worst part is we'll really miss him in the first 4 weeks. Maybe opportunity for Tom Wright??

That is a good point, although it's very hard to argue that he didn't have some very poor games towards the back end of the season. Against the Bulldogs I struggled to watch, due to the fact that whenever the dogs came to him he'd backpeddle or just plain stop, leading to plenty of tries. Recovered well against the Panthers in rd 26, although that inconsistency, or rather lack of confidence, is worrying

Should have a better 2018, and a good offseason will work wonders with him, but he will still have some flaws for a while to come. This year was a huge learning curve for him, not certain he will overcome his flaws, but i'm hoping he will

Actually that side of the field were all falling back including those inside him. Not excusing him just saying he wasnt alone. He tried rectifying it a number of times later in the season by rushing up on the attacking player, with usually positive outcomes. Its not that he's a bad defender, its that positionally he sometimes gets himself in a tangle.

Actually that side of the field were all falling back including those inside him. Not excusing him just saying he wasnt alone. He tried rectifying it a number of times later in the season by rushing up on the attacking player, with usually positive outcomes. Its not that he's a bad defender, its that positionally he sometimes gets himself in a tangle.
Yes, they were bad. But I vividly remember the side still making good defencive saves, only for it all to go to waste whenever the dogs took it to Kelly's side. He needs to carry that confidence (against panther for eg) you mentioned through to every game. Although that'll take time.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8