Drugs, Sex, Domestic Violence: Football's dark cover up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I feel the same I am not a father or married but to think any person would ever consider treating their partner like Sam has been accused of doing is so out of line and just wrong.

The cover up is so bad , so worse than anything we as a club have been accused of in recent times.

You can bet if this was us and we playing finals we would be kicked out, lose competition points and every news organisation would be hounding us and calling the club ever name under the sun.

but because it’s Souths the punish won’t be as bad

this has the potential to be the game’s biggest scandal I agree.
I am a father of a daughter and grandfather to a granddaughter and it makes my blood boil that this thug could act in such a cowardly bullying abusive way toward his pregnant wife ..... but maybe equally, it enrages me that Souths and the boss (then) of the NRL would cover up and enable this DV ..... and falsification of medical treatment ..... at the same time as that same NRL boss vilified Manly for a TPA misunderstanding

It’s a pity Todd isn’t still in charge, he would handle it like he did with Barba. That was quick and efficient. Someone must still have the number for the rehab clinic. Sam just needs one of those 3 day miracle cures.

Maybe Todd just looked Sam in the eye and decided it’s not his go
Not an easy call either, many have been distracted by the sparkles. Todd got it right. Also hearing he gave him the same counselling about gambling as he gave ryan Tandy. We could really do with Todd’s experience in a moment of crisis like this.

Sam the Cowardly Cat

Attachments

• Thug.pdf
    587.3 KB · Views: 63
So if I read it correctly they tested sam, found him to have special K in his system, THEN gave him another sedative via injection.

Super dangerous way to mix drugs right there.

The gambling of 25k a day is completely insane. Did I read that right, he gambled 1m in a year and recouped 900, with a loss of 100k. The amount of time he must have spent doing that would be staggering.

And he didn’t share any money with his wife, and hassled her when she spent her own income?

If true, he is a seriously dangerous individual.

The gambling of 25k a day is completely insane. Did I read that right, he gambled 1m in a year and recouped 900, with a loss of 100k. The amount of time he must have spent doing that would be staggering.

And he didn’t share any money with his wife, and hassled her when she spent her own income?

Pride of the League

Wow throw the book at Souths and burgi - shocking
This is by far the biggest test yet of the new NRL management, this will tell us just how fair dinkum they are and whether they still maintain the same divisive system of punishment based on who the club may be, if these allegations are proven to be true and Souths and Burgess aren't given the maximum punishment then there's no future for the game, the shameful manner in which Manly was hounded, harassed and disadvantaged under that bastard
Got to remember though that Burgess is yet to be charged with anything and is also not a current player.
True, but if there's proven to be substance to the allegations then as a member of their coaching staff he would surely live under the same rules as anyone else associated with the game, he's still brought the game into disrepute and the club by covering it up are also guilty of the same and don't forget that these things go back to when he was playing for the bunnies, there were murmurings back then about his non domestic bliss so it doesn't surprise me

Yep, they've done their homework on this one that's for sure.

What adds even more anger to what I feel now, is that Souths fans saying 'Of course this comes out to ruin our finals chances' or 'another ploy by Politis to bring us down'

Scum club with scum fans.
For a start Politis doesn’t have time for all this stuff with Burgess - too many golf games to play and cars to ‘sell’ to people He allegedly met at a Bondi cafe with tatts wearing Covid safe masks and wearing dark Sunglasses

Puts my once a year event to play to the pokies, with a maximum of 5 bucks to shame. Also, if I get to $5.01+, I pull out immediately.

Peter V'Landys comments:

ARLC chairman Peter V’landys responded to the allegations on Friday morning.

“We’ll investigate them (claims), no doubt about that,’’ V’landys told 2GB on Friday.

“But I stress, all parties including the South Sydney club, Sam Burgess deserve due process and natural justice.

“Once we have all the information we’ll make the appropriate decisions. “It would be totally inappropriate for me to comment on this particular case, I don’t have sufficient facts.

“And like anyone else in the community you have to provide due process and natural justice and Sam should be afforded that.

V’landys, however, said the NRL had a “zero tolerance” for violence against women.

“But in this instance I think the appropriate action would be to investigate it, get all the facts and make a judgment after that.’’
Hey guys. Can we give Manase the same treatment

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8