Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 19, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
20 Netstrata Jubilee Stadium
22 Jul 2022 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Would have been extraordinary to win this with our three best defenders out. If I have any questions for anyone, it's Des.
Walker is never a 9. Why not go all out and put Foran to 9 then play Weekes in the halves where he's experienced? Less disruption and actually give the kid a shot.
Sipley was never going to do big minutes as Jake's replacement.
His ducks and drakes selections belong a decade ago. It's just rubbish.
And finally, we were down to 15 for much of the game and his use of the bench remained the same as he would have with a full strength team of 17. Even without the reduction to 15, the three big outs meant there would be more fatigue than usual and thus there should have been more rotation.

Ben trbojevic of useless, only selected on name alone fame
Interpretation: this troll (with English as a second language, potentially from the Mediterranean littoral, like many SGI supporters) is saying ‘he is useless’.

Another incident that could have been looked at. Referees used to look closely at forwards with a high knee action. John Harvey fell into that camp.

Just got back from the game

We beat our selves tonight

Ill discipline and mistakes starved us of field position

And when we did have field position more dropped balls

We could have won this game but we never gave our selves a real chance
Shame you wasted your time and spent time in the cold and wet for that. If only our teams commitment was as good as yours. Well done.

How does Marty Tapau or for that matter keppie, keep Paseka out of the starting side? Paseka is easily our most damaging forward when it comes to metres. Aloia is the best general play forwar but for yards, paseka is streets ahead of the other two plodders. Come on Des, wake up and get him into the starting side with more minutes.

As far as the performance goes, it still comes down to the players we had out so not sure why people are furious.

We had no fluency in attack because we had no dummy half passing game and no link man in the middle....our second link man played dummy half and everyone was gassed from having one forward left on the bench and a 35% possession in the first half.

Just got back from the game

We beat our selves tonight

Ill discipline and mistakes starved us of field position

And when we did have field position more dropped balls

We could have won this game but we never gave our selves a real chance
Good on you for going out to Kogarah
Support the boys 👍 Good effort
Shame they didn’t put in a better effort...a few did
Garrick, Josh A, Harper..Foz at times looked up to it
The rest stunk it up bad all the night

Shame you wasted your time and spent time in the cold and wet for that. If only our teams commitment was as good as yours. Well done.
Thank you feathered friend

As a proud Manly supporter I am glad I went to the game and made my contribution to our Legendary club as all Manly people should

Our Boys tried hard . The effort was there but not the discipline and execution

We could have won the game but we never laid the foundation as we floundered our way to another self inflicted loss

Good on you for going out to Kogarah
Support the boys 👍 Good effort
Shame they didn’t put in a better effort...a few did
Garrick, Josh A, Harper..Foz at times looked up to it
The rest stunk it up bad all the night
Thank you feathered friend

As a proud Manly supporter I am glad I went to the game and made my contribution to our Legendary club as all Manly people should

Our Boys tried hard . The effort was there but not the discipline and execution

We could have won the game but we never laid the foundation as we floundered our way to another self inflicted loss

He does live seven minutes away. Just like Brad Arthur vis-a-vis Parramatta.
Actually it is a 20 minute brisk walk feathered friend

The losing walk when you proudly wear your Manly gear

And with every step you take the Dragons supporters give it to you and smile from ear to ear

Our side decimated by injuries looked disorganised and we made errors, but Andrew Gee is up there with Ben Cummins re his blatant anti-Manly bias. I thought his interpretation of this game was poor and distinctly one-sided. We had precious little ball in the first half due to the lopsided penalty count and numerous doubtful six agains. Nearly every close call went against us eg a) Bird punching ball out of Kola's hands b) the so-called "strip" near Dragon's twenty which gave a penalty when it was plainly dropped by the Saint's player.

Last edited:
Actually it is a 20 minute brisk walk feathered friend

The losing walk when you proudly wear your Manly gear

And with every step you take the Dragons supporters give it to you and smile from ear to ear
Just reply with your best Seinfeld voice and say
Best Hello Newman GIFs | Gfycat

It'll make you feel better

As far as the performance goes, it still comes down to the players we had out so not sure why people are furious.

We had no fluency in attack because we had no dummy half passing game and no link man in the middle....our second link man played dummy half and everyone was gassed from having one forward left on the bench and a 35% possession in the first half.

Should Foran have played hooker?

Seems Des's team selection tonight could and should have been better.

Should Foran have played hooker?

Seems Des's team selection tonight could and should have been better.
Apart from leaking the last try, I was pretty proud of the side tonight. I thought they dug in under serious adversity. Keppie lasted 20 minutes, Haumole was on one leg, and we finished with one forward on the bench. Add to that the players we’d already lost before kick off...Dragons should have flogged us.

It cannot be overstated how vital Croker and Jake are to our side. In the first half, we got smashed through the middle and had less than 35% possession. That doesn’t happen if Jake and Croker keep Dragons pinned down own end and we play on the front foot. All that tackling catches up with you and we didn’t have much in attack as a result.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8