Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 19, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
20 Netstrata Jubilee Stadium
22 Jul 2022 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

For me, just five players played up to their potential last night: Al, Sandwich, Walker, Harpo and Sippers. The rest damaged their reputations.

Should Weekes have played over Bullemor or De Luis on the bench?

Would have Foran been better than Walker at hooker?
Easy to say Bullemor or DeLuis should of played ahead of Weekes in hindsight given the injuries to BenT and Keppie but as evidenced by his role at dummy half when he came on,I suspect once Croker went down with Covid,Weekes was always going to play.As for Foran,not sure anyone is comfortable with him defending in the middle making 40+ tackles,especially with the form/attitude Schuster is in at the moment

Was it my TV or was that the slowest game of the year ?
Both sides were so flat and the Dragons only won due to their domination of possession in the first half.
Saying that we we’re pathetic in attack in that second half and we need some answers on where Schuster’s head (and his stomach) is at, because he was absolute rubbish yesterday after getting minutes to show his value, but all he served up was mistake after mistake and his confidence has gone totally !! I tell you what 2023 is looking very concerning.

Having just read some of the game day thread ... I would suggest it should be closed before the game starts .... WOW there are some seriously sick and troubled personalities around here ...
I just see it like sitting on the hill for game time, beer, emotion, raw, uncensored by thought.

i prefer the safe, warm , predictable grandstand but feel good knowing the hill is still out there.
Im a rebel at heart but need to be in slippers and a blanky

Easy to say Bullemor or DeLuis should of played ahead of Weekes in hindsight given the injuries to BenT and Keppie but as evidenced by his role at dummy half when he came on,I suspect once Croker went down with Covid,Weekes was always going to play.As for Foran,not sure anyone is comfortable with him defending in the middle making 40+ tackles,especially with the form/attitude Schuster is in at the moment

I said it before the match.

So it's ok to have Walker who plays maybe 45 - 55 minutes per match doing 40+ tackles , but not protected species Foran who plays 80 mins every week?

Foran certainly has the most crisp passing game out of all the options and imo would have made a bigger positive impact than Walker and would have been able to control the tempo of the match with his experience.

And all week Griffin was copping schiit over favourites.

Btw, did anyone notice how upset both Turbo & Parker were during Ben's on field HIA? One reason for this, obviously, would be concern for his welfare - Brad & the Trbojevics are close mates. Also, before being injured, Ben's last short stint in the starting side was quite successful - now, in his first NRL game after several weeks, he couldn't finish the match.

Last edited:
Btw, didn't anyone notice how upset both Turbo & Parker were during Ben's on field HIA? One reason for this, obviously, would be concern for his welfare - Brad & the Trbojevics are close mates. Also, before being injured, Ben's last short stint in the starting side was quite successful - now, in his first NRL game after several weeks, he couldn't finish the match.
I think it is more they are upset for him that he wants to be a top grade NRL player so badly but isn't built for it and prone to injury and head knocks

In hindsight I would have liked to see foz at 7, shoe at 6 and dce at 9 last night... (i think dce could be similar how hunt is for qld at 9) with walker playing his usual middle roaming role.... however I guess we're never going to know if that would have been any better!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8