Pre-Game Dragons v Manly [Round 19, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

20 6
Netstrata Jubilee Stadium
22 Jul 2022 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Weekes does play dummy half, he will be the fastest in the club's history - 10.98 (1.3 metres wind assistance) for 100 metres in 2019!

We'll know tomorrow exactly how Des is playing his cards. It is unusual for him to blood rookies in the starting thirteen and especially out of position.

Will Weekes really start as dummy half or will Foran start there with Schuster starting as five eighth? This would be less disruptive to the usual game plan. Weekes could start from the bench to relieve Schuster or Foran and also cover other positions if needed.

It seems probable Sipley or another of the big boppers will start at lock with Walker coming from the bench to play his usual middle role in the first half. I expect all the big boppers will be well rotated and have plenty of game time.

anyway getting back onto footy

I know I keep saying it but tomorrow is finals come early for us

open up a 2 game gap between us and dragons.

yes we have 3 crucial players out but there is enough talent still in this team to beat the dragons.

manly by 7
I agree with you feathered friend

We do have the talent to win this game if we also have the Tenacity

I see the shuffling as a positive

As our unknown final line up to the dragons is in our favour
I don’t see the “secrecy” of an unknown final line up,as a disadvantage at all to the Dragons.I suspect teams do minimal work on specific players from the opposition,other than those that are likely to be the influential ones like DCE or Foran.In this particular case,I can’t imagine the Dragons game plan being thrown out the window because they don’t know who will start at Prop and Lock or if Walker or Weekes,two players that have never played hooker and one who’s on debut,will start
Similar delusional thinking happened a couple of years ago when everyone was thinking the secrecy of Albert Hopoate’s debut was going to throw a multiple premiership winning coach in Bellamy,plans into chaos.It’s not as if Cam Smith or Steve Walters are going to be the shock inclusions

Last edited:
I don’t see the “secrecy” of an unknown final line up,as a disadvantage at all to the Dragons.I suspect teams do minimal work on specific players from the opposition,other than those that are likely to be the influential ones like DCE or Foran.In this particular case,I can’t imagine the Dragons game plan being thrown out the window because they don’t know who will start at Prop and Lock or if Walker or Weekes,two players that have never played hooker and one who’s on debut,will start
Similar delusional thinking happened a couple of years ago when everyone was thinking the secrecy of Albert Hopoate’s debut was going to throw a multiple premiership winning coach in Bellamy,plans into chaos.It’s not as if Cam Smith or Steve Walters are going to be the shock inclusions
I do not agree with you here feathered friend

As It is always an advantage when you know the full extent of your opponents game plan to counteract it

Have a Good day and Go Manly

As suggested by others I doubt the side named will be the run on side,Ben T named in the second row suggests to me Foz will start at 9 and Schuster will be 6.
Weekes will probably spell Foz at some point in the game and then switch out again.
My only concern is if there are any injuries in the backs and Weekes needs to fill in,our best workrate forwards are out and it would require some big efforts from the others,however a good time to show what they can do if so.
It would also mean potentially asking Foz to try to play a full 80 at dummy half if there are some injuries,but it is all what if.....

Dont forget, we need to look out for the grub Lomax and sims will probably target Chez. Our big boys need to protect Chez and others if this garbage starts

Dont forget, we need to look out for the grub Lomax and sims will probably target Chez. Our big boys need to protect Chez and others if this garbage starts
Perfect day for garbage tactics in a heated , steamy ,rainy day in the middle of the field

This should be a fiery game as both teams are playing for their season

Lomax and sims are great players and they will be a good test for us

I agree with you about our Big boys .

They need to match their big frames and play big moments for us

I expect all the big boppers will be well rotated and have plenty of game time.
Sounds like the perfect game plan given our circumstances, 40 nil, but have you met our coach, Des Hasler? Weekes is likely to sit on the bench until the 78th minute, Toff will get 15 minutes and never be seen again, Walks will end up at prop instead dummy half, and Schuster will be thrown on for the last 10 minutes just so we forumites can comment on his weight or blame him for either blowing a big lead or not pulling a no-look pass out of his arse to win us the game…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8