Pre-Game Dragons v Manly [Round 19, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

20 6
Netstrata Jubilee Stadium
22 Jul 2022 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the (struggling here) bright side .... um .... it does make it hard for the Dragons to prepare 🥴

That’s a very strange team list.Weekes front row(obviously Des just taking the p*ss and Croker still in

Looks like there be mounting trouble out in the Merge ranks. Given our outs with covid lets hope there are some bigger issues in their squad.

Dragons officials identify player accused of leaking information to media​

The Dragons chairman and a premiership hero have issued a severe warning to the playing group after sensitive information involving Anthony Griffin was leaked to the media.

St George Illawarra chairman Craig Young has warned any disgruntled player that “moaning and whinging” won’t be tolerated, declaring: “They’re not part of the club.”
It comes as former St George Illawarra grand final-winning prop Mick Weyman described any player caught covertly leaking stories to the media as “deceitful”.
“It pisses me off,” Weyman said. “St George Illawarra is such a family club and families don’t do that to each other.”
Anthony Griffin’s position as head coach was under scrutiny this week after media reports emerged about player unrest.
The Daily Telegraph has been told one player in particular continues to be accused of disclosing internal information to the media about Griffin.
While unable to confirm it, there is a fear among club insiders that a struggling player – perhaps players – is secretly leaking their agitation to the press.
Young, a former policeman and hardened front-rower, was as direct as always, saying: “The players that don’t want to stick together, well they’re not part of the team.
“The expectation at this club is that when things are tough and we find a way through it, to push through it to the other side.

“You don’t go whinging and moaning, you roll your sleeves up, work hard and get through it. You don’t go and whinge to whoever. We all have to stick together.”
Ultimately, the predicted drama failed to eventuate and Griffin’s record or future at the club was not discussed at a board meeting on Tuesday, as had been suggested.
Weyman, a member of Saints’ 2010 grand final-winning side who also represented NSW and Australia, was incensed that players may be venting their anger to the media.
“It pisses me off. You don’t talk behind each other’s backs - it’s deceitful. If you’ve got a problem then go talk to the other person - you don’t leak it,” Weyman said.
“The club is so tight-knit so if you don’t like that then don’t be part of it. Don’t try to put a wedge in there. You don’t do that.”

St George Illawarra players will need to come together on Friday night for a vital match against Manly at Jubilee Oval, Kogarah.
Griffin accepts speculation about his position, saying: “It’s just part of the job. That stuff happens. Most of that stuff gets played out outside of our four walls and I’d like to leave it that way.
“This type of situation gets talked about outside here. My role is to get the team ready for the game, that’s the main thing. All the other stuff is for the papers and fans, I suppose.”
Asked whether he was still the coach to lead St George Illawarra, Griffin said: “Yeah, obviously, otherwise I wouldn’t be standing here (as head coach).”
St George Illawarra’s defence has been torn apart over the past two games during losses to Brisbane (32-18) and Sydney Roosters (54-26). Last weekend, St George Illawarra slipped out of the top eight, replaced by Manly, their opponents.

Michael Weyman has no time for players who leak to the media.
“We have to be better defensively. It hasn’t been our best two weeks defensively. A couple of weeks before that against Canberra (12-10) and South Sydney (32-12) we were really tight,” Griffin said.
“We’ve have just been inconsistent and we need obviously our best game of football (against Manly). There’s been some really strong performances but the inconsistency of our best and the last couple of weeks is the thing we’ve got to get right.
“I’m sure we’ll be heaps better (on Friday night) but Manly are a great side and they’ve been in good form through the middle of the year. They are a big, mobile side who have a lot of strike. It’s a big week for us – and them. We are both in similar positions on the ladder. It should be a great game.”
The individual battle at halfback between Queensland stars Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly) and Ben Hunt (Dragons) should be fascinating.
“They are two great halfbacks playing against each other,” Griffin said. “They make for a big attraction for everyone to come and watch.”
Griffin hopes the emotion of his club announcing their Team of the Century will inspire and galvanise his side.

Not sure if BenT will start,but this highlights why the club gets its reserve grade wrong.BenT hasn’t played for a while by my calculations,after being 18th man for a few weeks and injury and they haven’t given him a run in the reggies.Surely he’s going to be underdone,which is unfair on him and the team

Davey keeping Schuster out was a little surprising but Burbo leapfrogging him from 18th man has me stunned. Got me wondering if he is still carrying a niggle, has a chronic issue or possibly still effected by COVID.

Announced Weekes will play hooker
Good luck for the young player
Will be a big ask defensively I think he will get a rest with interchanging with Walker maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10