Dragons show the way ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dare I say it ... but that old coot Hook and the Dragons are showing us the way ... I'm not saying they will be contenders ... but they have shown just how much of a turn-a -round is possible in a short time ... with very little change ..

Their roster has gone backwards, but their performances have improved greatly ..

Simple attitude adjustment, effort, belief and enthusiasm ... and they are suddenly competing ... and all over just a couple of weeks

We have the squad ... we need an injection of Hook ... and we can turn it around in weeks as well ..
An injection of Des is what we needed - Hook has never won anything.

I tipped Illawarra and thought I was on a winner for the first 20 minutes of that match.
I watched Illawarra score under the posts, turned away for a moment and returned to find that the Vidiot had overruled the try for some reason I can't explain. It should have been 12-nil early.
The Vidiot is ruining the sport more than ever before with this CSI-style investigation. At the risk of repeating myself: no evaluation should be done at anything slower than actual speed. Slowing it down to stop-frame distorts reality. What our eyes can't see never happened, imo. It's how RL has/had been played since its inception.

Hook has a history of getting reasonable early results but then his sides fade away. Problem is, there aren't many coaches around with a proven track record of historical success. Bennett, Bellamy, Robinson, and Hasler are the only coaches to have won more than one premiership.

Only the very best coaches will survive for 20 years in the NRL.

This was a fair thread to make at the time. We seriously underperformed in the first month with the squad we had available. Not saying we definitely would have won those games but we shouldn't have been flogged by 30-40 either.

After a few big wins it will be interesting to see what performances we display if/when Tom is out next (hopefully we won't have to find out).

Well they made us look second rate a month ago. For some sides form is a roller coaster whereas top sides bounce back quickly after a loss. Lets see how we bounce back after our next loss.

I tipped Illawarra and thought I was on a winner for the first 20 minutes of that match.
I watched Illawarra score under the posts, turned away for a moment and returned to find that the Vidiot had overruled the try for some reason I can't explain. It should have been 12-nil early.
The Vidiot is ruining the sport more than ever before with this CSI-style investigation. At the risk of repeating myself: no evaluation should be done at anything slower than actual speed. Slowing it down to stop-frame distorts reality. What our eyes can't see never happened, imo. It's how RL has/had been played since its inception.
I do well by not tipping Illawarra in any games after mid April and into May.

DRAGONS SHAKE-UP BACKFIRES

While we’re on the subject of St George Illawarra the shake-up of the side on Anzac Day caught me off-guard and clearly backfired.

Given the way they’ve performed this year and how well Adam Clune has stepped up in the absence of Ben Hunt to be the Red V general, putting him on the bench didn’t work.

As much as I love Jack Bird getting his hands on the football as much as possible, it seemed like a classic case of weakening one position to try and strengthen another.

Cody Ramsey and Zac Lomax really struggled to have any sort of potency in the centres and the Dragons attack was clunky.

And Corey Norman, who’d been playing his best football in a Red V jumper, was well contained.

The end result was the shake-up completely rocked the boat and the Dragons suffered back-to-back losses for the first time this season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4