Dragons show the way ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Dare I say it ... but that old coot Hook and the Dragons are showing us the way ... I'm not saying they will be contenders ... but they have shown just how much of a turn-a -round is possible in a short time ... with very little change ..

Their roster has gone backwards, but their performances have improved greatly ..

Simple attitude adjustment, effort, belief and enthusiasm ... and they are suddenly competing ... and all over just a couple of weeks

We have the squad ... we need an injection of Hook ... and we can turn it around in weeks as well ..

Didn't they sack the coach before the turn-around?
I'm all for following their lead.

Tell me the last time any coach in the NRL who has led a team to seasons like Hasler has had in 2020 and 2021 has ever been the one to turn it around.

A turn around always needs anew coach.

Don't be fooled Woodsie - Illawarra always show promise early season before the wheels fall off....

Not fooled .. but encouraged .. they are playing with heart, speed and confidence in their structures and plan ..

I don't think they have the squad to go on with it ... but they are a far cry from where they were in round 1.. a testament to confidence ...

No reason we could not see similar results with a "hook" up the clacker ... or a Dessie up the derriere .. whatever he is saying to them or teaching them has had a fast and demonstrable effect ...

Not fooled .. but encouraged .. they are playing with heart, speed and confidence in their structures and plan ..

I don't think they have the squad to go on with it ... but they are a far cry from where they were in round 1.. a testament to confidence ...

No reason we could not see similar results with a "hook" up the clacker ... or a Dessie up the derriere .. whatever he is saying to them or teaching them has had a fast and demonstrable effect ...
Also have Matty Elliot as an assistant coach who should be able to provide some worthwhile input . . Noticed that the Dragons in round 2 or so when i watched them for a while seemed to be playing with a a lot of purpose and discipline and with a really well drilled defence . Just doing the basic stuff right to give themselves every chance to be in the contest . Also really can "t go along with the notion that Manly players are mentally exhausted , every side has to deal with pressure and the requirement to stay in an arm wrestle at the N R L professional level . Unforced errors , unacceptable rate of missed tackles and often clueless attack seems to be what is really crueling Manly . is the coaching accountable for this , no doubt partly , tend to think however that it would mainly be down to the player 's or some individual players to be held more to account .

I’ve got a good mate who is a Dragons fan , he’s absolutely giving it to me currently.

I agree they are playing above their pay grade at present.

I’ve got a good mate who is a Dragons fan , he’s absolutely giving it to me currently.

I agree they are playing above their pay grade at present.
As I posted on another thread...

they have wins against us, the cows, and got over the top of the Knights once their FB and both starting halves had gone off injured...

they are simply reaping the benefit of playing sh1t sides...

To me the Dragons are flat track bullying. They've beaten the Cowboys and Manly, who as we all know all too well, cant get out of their own way. Against the Knights on the weekend the Knights injury list was crippling & it was still pretty hard work for the Dragons.

Dragons are collecting a roster of old players ( Josh McGuire to come too ) who will probably make the 8 this year but their long term strategy to me looks highly questionable.

Illawarra surprised me with their aggression against Newcastle. I tipped them to win but I expected it to be through their fast backline.
No. Their forwards were fantastic. It was old school thugby league, making it the match of the round.
I've never thought much of Hook. His speech reminds me of a cow cocky, but he has certainly turned around Illawarra, in the past three matches at least.

To me the Dragons are flat track bullying. They've beaten the Cowboys and Manly, who as we all know all too well, cant get out of their own way. Against the Knights on the weekend the Knights injury list was crippling & it was still pretty hard work for the Dragons.

Dragons are collecting a roster of old players ( Josh McGuire to come too ) who will probably make the 8 this year but their long term strategy to me looks highly questionable.
I'd rather their strategy over ours at the moment.

St George have made themselves harder to beat buy improving their goal line defence and they have an absolute guns in Lomax and Dufty that finish off their work into points.

They are doing the basics of the game pretty well, getting their sets done, making teams earn points. This is what we can learn from them. Their roster is about the same of ours the difference at the moment is they have structure and belief and we have zero.

Remember they got lapped by the Vermin in the trial and everyone wrote them off, they knuckled down and worked hard. We need to do that urgently now!!

Tom
DCE
Foran
Cust

If in form .. which is the point of the thread ... are good enough to win as many as they lose
Sorry but....
When was the last time Tom played
DCE is no where near in form
Foran is not the saviour that everyone predicted except me ) would be - I would actually prefer schuster! Hey but that’s just me!
Cust is not our hooker

anyway that’s just my opinion!

just sayin

Sorry but....
When was the last time Tom played
DCE is no where near in form
Foran is not the saviour that everyone predicted except me ) would be - I would actually prefer schuster! Hey but that’s just me!
Cust is not our hooker

anyway that’s just my opinion!

just sayin

Yes.. but we are not talking about the past 4 weeks ... we are talking about turning our form around ... eg .. If Dragons can do it with their squad .. so can we .. and Foran or Schuster .. we have the spine to be more than competitive ...

Yes.. but we are not talking about the past 4 weeks ... we are talking about turning our form around ... eg .. If Dragons can do it with their squad .. so can we .. and Foran or Schuster .. we have the spine to be more than competitive ...
O.K.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6