Dragon party

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Didn "t someone previously mention that the Dragons still had 13 - 15 squad players still eligible . , Shouldn :t require that many loan players to make up the numbers then and if most of the present suspended players are not available in the next few weeks in any worst case scenario

How has Corey Norman escaped being sacked? He has caused more off-field grief for Illawarra than any other player.
Presumably the same as de Belin, they need him playing if they are to make the finals.

He's already been told he won't be re-signed for 2022 so no need to sack him.

FB_IMG_1625612464437.jpg

One thing that doesn't ring true about Vaughan's story is that his wife wasn't there, and the party went all day and into the night I believe. What was she doing all this time? It was lock-down and she couldn't go visiting anyone....
I'll be surprised if this matter doesn't have a more sinister twist in its tail.
Probably washing the jerseys and looking after their baby. Saints are pretty sexist.

And you have to remember that Hadley has close ties within the NSW Police, and has friends in the CIB. He would have gotten inside info that there was was more to this than has so far been made public.

There are/were reports of women running down the street when the cops were arriving. There were allegedly ONLY 13 in the house. Vaughan and his wife, and the other players. But you can't tell me that not one of the other 11 players there didn't bring their wives and/or girlfriends.

And de Belin just happened to be walking past with his dog?? Carrying a slab of beer? Seriously, his contract should have been torn up with Vaughan's. After the past 2 years of what he has put everyone there through, the last person who should have been doing anything wrong off the field was JDB. And yet the club are giving him a slap on the wrist in comparison for basically outright lying to them, the NRL and the police. A complete and utter double standard IMO.
They are Catholics so would never have a 13 person party.

The NRL cannot rely upon the word of these guys who have already lied when assessing the risk of other people including females being present. All of them must be placed into 14 day lockdown otherwise the continuation of the competition is at real threat. There is no choice here as this is no about suspension and punishment but protecting the rest of the teams and the competition. It is untenable to think they can deal with it without putting them in self isolation.

Just caught up on the dragons in dungeons party info yesterday.
So Vaughanie has been ousted for being lead dickhead and the other dickheads have minor consequences. I think they're all equally guilty of being stupid, as in, the adult humans who attended the illegal party are just as idiotic as the ones who hosted it.
The part about grown men hiding under beds and in cupboards is pretty funny.
Covid protocols suck but players are paid a lot of money and should have the sense not to risk their careers.
Twits!
*Btw - Later today I'm hosting an exclusive party in a secret location with celebrity cutouts (Home Alone-style). Masks and hand sanitiser will be provided for the cutouts. Socially distant dancing will occur. I've informed the local authorities. They've cleared the event but suggested I see a psychiatrist.
Disclaimer - on school holidays so exercising my right to be silly.
Party on!
Rona's a bitch!

At the bar minimum the Dragons should be drafting a bunch of thir reserve graders into there bio bubble.

I assume they would just need to adhere to the guidelines for 14 days before linking with the squad?

Doesnt help them for the game against us vut would after that

Just caught up on the dragons in dungeons party info yesterday.
So Vaughanie has been ousted for being lead dickhead and the other dickheads have minor consequences. I think they're all equally guilty of being stupid, as in, the adult humans who attended the illegal party are just as idiotic as the ones who hosted it.
The part about grown men hiding under beds and in cupboards is pretty funny.
Covid protocols suck but players are paid a lot of money and should have the sense not to risk their careers.
Twits!
*Btw - Later today I'm hosting an exclusive party in a secret location with celebrity cutouts (Home Alone-style). Masks and hand sanitiser will be provided for the cutouts. Socially distant dancing will occur. I've informed the local authorities. They've cleared the event but suggested I see a psychiatrist.
Disclaimer - on school holidays so exercising my right to be silly.
Party on!
Rona's a bitch!
Once the cops turn up, you'll need to put some of the cutouts in closets and one under a bed.

Later on hold a Zoom meeting with them to get everyone's story straight.

Have to assume that the suspended Dragons players would be in home isolation now and surely would be subject to some covid testing over the next week or so . If all get cleared by relevant authorities , surely they would then be eligible
Al, if they were exposed to people outside the bubble yet you assume they'd be safe after 'the next week or so" ... why on earth is everyone else required to isolate or quarantine for 14 days?

My understanding is a positive might not be detected for many days and that is why the requirement is 14 days. For everyone else.

As to the need for reinforcements, just spotted this - the Draggings injury update as of this morning. NRL.com
  • Max Feagai (head knock, round 18)
  • Zac Lomax (thumb, round 18)
  • Cameron McInnes (knee, season)
I assume that leaves about 29 fit players, noting Lomax is one of the 13.
If 13 had to isolate that leaves 16, minus Simms and Hunt probably unavailable from Origin = 14
They need to name a squad of 21 so might need to loan 7 players for a week.

Hardly ideal but surely feasible and surely far better than forfeiting. And also far better than just taking a gamble that after "a week or so" the players are all clear of infection?

Maybe I'm catastrophising but imagine if one of our players caught COVID and our season was ruined, just as we are starting to look like a real contender?

Haha maybe.
But surely most Sydney clubs would have someone like Albert Hoppa who would be keen on the chance to play NRL. Especially with the reserve comp indefinitely suspended. I wouldn't want our own guys to play against Manly but the likes of Jetski and Siro when fit, and even Cust and Suli would benefit from some game time surely.

Last year Hetherington pretty much made his name on his showings as a loan player and ended up getting a good NRL deal from the Doggies.

To save the Warrriors games last year there were player loans from other clubs. They should be looking at this now so Saints can still field a side against Manly. A forfeit would be a disaster but I'm also concerned that letting the 13 party-goers back into Saints bubble is putting the rest of their squad at risk and will also put the Manly squad at risk.

Manly players (and the other Saints too) shouldn't be exposed to any greater risk without getting full disclosure about what that means. I assume the isolation requirements are not mandated simply for the fun of it.
just on the side, I've always wondered what a forfeit result would be worth in NRL In soccer it's a 3-0 result to the beneficiary which I would say is equivalent to 30-0 - this is probably fair to keep the F&A ticking??

Watching 360, Vaughan obviously came off as distraught....but distraught he got caught and lost his money.

No sympathy.

Dragons are done this year, not just the suspensions but the playing group will be completely fractured. The fact the invite was on the sly and not in the full players Whatsapp chat ever means there are divisions or they knew that guys like Sims or Hunt would pull them into line....either way trust is gone.

The fact the completely disregarded their coach and tried to lie their way out of it....

Reckon they will be lucky to win more than 1 or 2 games
I reckon his agent told him to do the interview on 360 to show he was remorseful and accepted responsibility regardless of how Kent and Hadley could have treated him.

That way he can say that he's going to change so can hope to get a better contract with another club.

I have said on here when this first all exploded that there were women involved at the party besides Vaughan's wife. Hadley said it again on 360 last night - he thinks they were there. I am telling you all that this is far far from finished yet.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10