Dragon party

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FOX article about Vaughan says Marty & TPJ have been offered to Saints as replacements!!!!!! WTF! Media fvcken starting rumours about Marty again……probably hoping it affects our team. FMD this $hit is starting to annoy me again.

I think its likely we'll win the Saints game on forfeit. Which will be a massive blow to the game, and a blow to Manly's chances of boosting our for and against.
But watching Vaughan on TV he was very unconvincing in denying other people were present. And we know he's a liar. Hadley reckons the cops are still looking into this, so I reckon it won't be long before some info comes out that ends up forcing the NRL's hand and insisting those players go into isolation. Hope I'm wrong.

And you have to remember that Hadley has close ties within the NSW Police, and has friends in the CIB. He would have gotten inside info that there was was more to this than has so far been made public.

There are/were reports of women running down the street when the cops were arriving. There were allegedly ONLY 13 in the house. Vaughan and his wife, and the other players. But you can't tell me that not one of the other 11 players there didn't bring their wives and/or girlfriends.

And de Belin just happened to be walking past with his dog?? Carrying a slab of beer? Seriously, his contract should have been torn up with Vaughan's. After the past 2 years of what he has put everyone there through, the last person who should have been doing anything wrong off the field was JDB. And yet the club are giving him a slap on the wrist in comparison for basically outright lying to them, the NRL and the police. A complete and utter double standard IMO.

Last edited:
You know what I find laughable about this whole suspension thing? The NRL didn't give a $hit about the Dogs having to field a reserve grade or less side against us last Saturday. They just suspended the players, fined the club, end of story. And it resulted in an absolute thumping. Manly won 66-0, yet by my count we actually bombed or had around 6-7 tries taken from us. Even if Reubs had missed a couple of those kicks, that is still looking at a 100+ to nil score.

St Merge have been allowed to stagger their suspensions over 2-3 different rounds because if they had to basically field a reserve grade side and we did to them like we did to the Dogs, it would give so much ammo to the critics it wouldn't be funny. This is nothing more than damage control from the NRL.

Saints officials and NRL should be having urgent quiet talks with the other Sydney based clubs about whether its possible to loan a bunch of players to Saints so they can field a side against Manly. You know, just in case it turns out the Saints players were lying. Again.
Sydney Swift's?

The condemnation of these players actions has been universal, well almost...

NRL 2021: Anthony Mundine tells Dragons players to sue NRL and St George Illawarra over Covid sanctions​

Dean RitchieExclusive

Anthony Mundine has come out swinging in defence of sacked Dragon Paul Vaughan and his partying teammates, challenging them to fight the bans in court.
Mundine’s shock revelation comes as ex-Saints stars Ted Goodwin and Michael Weyman criticised the offending players for breaching government and NRL Covid rules by attending a BBQ on Saturday night at the south coast home of prop Paul Vaughan.
Mundine, who played for St George Illawarra in the 1999 NRL grand final, has launched a number of anti-vax tirades on social media this year and also bought into conspiracy theories regarding Covid’s legitimacy.
In an expletive-laden post on Facebook just this past Saturday, Mundine urged his fans not to get the Covid-19 vaccine – “Do your research it’s a death wish!” – and urged that “now we fight that **** in court it’s all fear mongering.”

In relation to the Dragons who gathered at Vaughan’s home, Mundine told The Daily Telegraph the players “did nothing wrong” and should fight their punishment in court.

“The players should fight this **** in court and beat it. They should take legal action and get onto the right lawyers. If I was backed into a corner I would fight it,” Mundine said.

“These boys are being hard done by for no reason. Those rules (the players broke) shouldn’t be there.

“I’m not being a smart arse or a dickhead. They are using Covid to take people’s freedom away, bro. It’s wrong and sad. They are taking away their rights.

“The players are living their lives and they can’t do it because of this so-called virus. It’s ridiculous. This is getting out of hand. I don’t have a problem with (what the players did). People need to start standing up.

“If it wasn’t for (Covid restrictions) then these players wouldn’t be in this position – Vaughan wouldn’t be sacked. This could end him.

b8c9b1f83739dd55dee868ec9eca2ba983c6d29347ad88a321cc91cd0cf8d5c6.jpg

Hope nothing else comes out of this.
Gonna suck for manly and the whole game if they have to forfeit.
Surely Manly would still collect two competition points, no?

Or is the suggestion that no pints would be awarded, or one point each?

Ken Irvine took his Norths’ players off the field in 1970, after he had issues with refereeing in a game against the Berries at Belmore, thus forfeiting the game. I am fairly certain C-B were awarded two competition points.

Different circumstances of course, but why should Manly be penalised, in the unlikely event the game does not go ahead?

Last edited:
You know what I find laughable about this whole suspension thing? The NRL didn't give a $hit about the Dogs having to field a reserve grade or less side against us last Saturday. They just suspended the players, fined the club, end of story. And it resulted in an absolute thumping. Manly won 66-0, yet by my count we actually bombed or had around 6-7 tries taken from us. Even if Reubs had missed a couple of those kicks, that is still looking at a 100+ to nil score.

St Merge have been allowed to stagger their suspensions over 2-3 different rounds because if they had to basically field a reserve grade side and we did to them like we did to the Dogs, it would give so much ammo to the critics it wouldn't be funny. This is nothing more than damage control from the NRL.
I agree and understand your sentiment, just one thing the NRL did not suspend the dog players. They had to isolate by nsw health order as they attended a hot spot. Them not playing against us had nothing to do with the NRL.

Ken Irvine took his Norths’ players off the field in 1970, after he had issues with refereeing in a game against the Berries at Belmore, thus forfeiting the game. I am fairly certain C-B were awarded two competition points.

Different circumstances of course, but why should Manly be penalised, in the unlikely event the game does not go ahead?
We would get the 2 points but miss out on the opportunity to improve our F/A.

Thinking of our f/a .

The condemnation of these players actions has been universal, well almost...

NRL 2021: Anthony Mundine tells Dragons players to sue NRL and St George Illawarra over Covid sanctions​

Dean RitchieExclusive

Anthony Mundine has come out swinging in defence of sacked Dragon Paul Vaughan and his partying teammates, challenging them to fight the bans in court.
Mundine’s shock revelation comes as ex-Saints stars Ted Goodwin and Michael Weyman criticised the offending players for breaching government and NRL Covid rules by attending a BBQ on Saturday night at the south coast home of prop Paul Vaughan.
Mundine, who played for St George Illawarra in the 1999 NRL grand final, has launched a number of anti-vax tirades on social media this year and also bought into conspiracy theories regarding Covid’s legitimacy.
In an expletive-laden post on Facebook just this past Saturday, Mundine urged his fans not to get the Covid-19 vaccine – “Do your research it’s a death wish!” – and urged that “now we fight that **** in court it’s all fear mongering.”

In relation to the Dragons who gathered at Vaughan’s home, Mundine told The Daily Telegraph the players “did nothing wrong” and should fight their punishment in court.

“The players should fight this **** in court and beat it. They should take legal action and get onto the right lawyers. If I was backed into a corner I would fight it,” Mundine said.

“These boys are being hard done by for no reason. Those rules (the players broke) shouldn’t be there.

“I’m not being a smart arse or a dickhead. They are using Covid to take people’s freedom away, bro. It’s wrong and sad. They are taking away their rights.

“The players are living their lives and they can’t do it because of this so-called virus. It’s ridiculous. This is getting out of hand. I don’t have a problem with (what the players did). People need to start standing up.

“If it wasn’t for (Covid restrictions) then these players wouldn’t be in this position – Vaughan wouldn’t be sacked. This could end him.
The great legal mind has popped his head up and entered the conversation.

And you have to remember that Hadley has close ties within the NSW Police, and has friends in the CIB. He would have gotten inside info that there was was more to this than has so far been made public.

There are/were reports of women running down the street when the cops were arriving. There were allegedly ONLY 13 in the house. Vaughan and his wife, and the other players. But you can't tell me that not one of the other 11 players there didn't bring their wives and/or girlfriends.

And de Belin just happened to be walking past with his dog?? Carrying a slab of beer? Seriously, his contract should have been torn up with Vaughan's. After the past 2 years of what he has put everyone there through, the last person who should have been doing anything wrong off the field was JDB. And yet the club are giving him a slap on the wrist in comparison for basically outright lying to them, the NRL and the police. A complete and utter double standard IMO.
On NRL 360 last night Hadley said that the police were still continuing their investigations and had picked a squad to investigate the rumours there were other people at the party.

• During lockdown there are only 30 available players 'in the bubble' for each NRL squad. So no NSW Cup or Flegg players can enter it;
  • Dragons have 28 players available (with an additional 2 possibly not backing up from Origin) ;
  • Clubs need 17 (maybe 18 this year) of these to field a squad for a match
  • NRL have suspended 13 Dragons players so that leaves them with only 13-15 players. They would have to forfeit if suspensions were served immediately;
  • The NRL will do everything possible to avoid a forfeit or worse.
To save the Warrriors games last year there were player loans from other clubs. They should be looking at this now so Saints can still field a side against Manly. A forfeit would be a disaster but I'm also concerned that letting the 13 party-goers back into Saints bubble is putting the rest of their squad at risk and will also put the Manly squad at risk.

Manly players (and the other Saints too) shouldn't be exposed to any greater risk without getting full disclosure about what that means. I assume the isolation requirements are not mandated simply for the fun of it.

Have to assume that the suspended Dragons players would be in home isolation now and surely would be subject to some covid testing over the next week or so . If all get cleared by relevant authorities , surely they would then be eligible then for whatever staggered availability arrangement the club and N R L would deem suitable over the next few fixtures , including against Manly . Any other persons who may be revealed to be at the venue would just be subject to normal N S W covid protocols presumedly ., and separate from the current Saints players present circumstances .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8