Dragon party

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They'd probably need a warrant and have better things to do. Point is, it is clearly possible that the players were exposed so that should be sufficient basis to make them isolate.
NRL wants to pretend that is not the case because it will screw up the broadcast deal.
It wouldn't help Manly either because a Saints forfeit stops us improving our for and against.
Yet would seem it should have been the proper response.
The Assistant Commissioner just said that their inquiry is closed but they will re-open it if more information comes to light.

It’s actually kinda sad. I mean, judging by that, old mate isn’t likely to be earning a six- or seven-figure salary (unless maybe he’s in an industry that pays big danger money to the unskilled). And he’s going to chuck in cash for a bunch of entitled prats who are exponentially wealthier than him (and anyone else who’s likely to donate), and are being rightly punished for their own selfish actions.
More likely on a mobile slowly typing one letter at a time ignoring any alerts for spelling errors so may have taken 10 minutes.

On a lighter note, there should be some cracking signs/banners at the game.

Maybe even better than the famous "Tino is a Cat".

I believe (and I could be wrong)... they don't have enough fit players 'in the bubble' to field a full team while having 12 players suspended.

They'd need to forfeit which surely would NOT be an option for the broadcasters.

If it were not for that reason I am sure they'd all have to serve it next round.
Mate they could field their full strength side against us and we’d still put 30 plus on them.
For some reason the Dragons have had the wood on Manly for many years

Vaughan Gone

Some club will sign him but at nowhere near 800K and with plenty of clauses in the contract.

He'll have a few months to reflect on his actions but who knows whether that will even happen.

I bet the neighbours who reported him will be worried.

Fox Sports:

Paul Vaughan might have hosted the most expensive BBQ in history after having his $800,000 per year NRL contract torn up by the club on top of a $50,000 fine.

Also, at $800k per season, that's $32k per game, meaning him sitting out 8 games is a waste of $256k of Saints' money

You would think the police would ask Uber for info about anyone booking a ride within the local area and around the time the police arrived. Uber will have the details of the rider, taxis have less info but still know where a person is taken too.
yes... seems very strange if they all got home without taking an uber or a taxi????

That's a wonderfully devious mind you have there :)
Haha, just taking into account how much Vaughan sitting out 8 games will cost the Dragons ($256k) & thinking they probably thought they'd just cut their losses & punt him for breaking some very generic term of his contract.

It is a rugby league truism that a player’s contract is “torn up” when they are sacked. The regulations state that the CEO must rip it into no less than 4 pieces in front of the disgraced player. Any less then the contract may be still deemed valid.

Haha, just taking into account how much Vaughan sitting out 8 games will cost the Dragons ($256k) & thinking they probably thought they'd just cut their losses & punt him for breaking some very generic term of his contract.
I would bet they had some "feedback" from their major sponsors that this was the outcome they wanted to immediately kill off this part of the wider story.

Will be interesting to see what additional punishment de Belin gets from the club and maybe some of the others.

id take him in a heartbeat for <400k
Manly have finally got a team that is playing well,getting along well and most importantly behaving well,why would they want to bring in a bloke that’ll be 31 a few rounds into next year,who’s career has peaked and is a repeat off field trouble maker?Dont care what price they could get him for,he adds nothing that the club doesn’t already have and that money can be used to keep the talent that’s there.There’s only a couple of rules you need to remember when buying and they are related,don’t buy someone else’s second hand white goods and you don’t buy players over 28 that haven’t learnt their lesson

They may have been looking for a reason to rip up Vaughan's contract. If they thought he was important to the team over the next couple of years I'm sure they wouldn't have cut off their nose to spite their face.

I suspect a lot of players are breaching covid restrictions. They only have a few years of being on the VIP list for every nightclub and covid has already robbed them of 18 months of all the free booze, drugs and sex they can handle.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10