Do we want our club back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just so as I can understand the psyche on here, there are now numerous threads demanding we stop criticising the coach, recruitment team and those who have been employed to produce results, so that's not Ok.

However, it's Ok, even "trendy" for us to criticise those in the Club who have put their $millions on the line to keep us afloat under the guise of a tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

Geez I'm glad we have our priorities sorted on Silvertails.
How much did they make selling the leagues club...

the major expenses have been paying out contracts.. Still don't think it comes close to the proceeds of the sale of the buildings and land.
Max Delmege confessed he had sunk $15 million during his time. The Penns have been there longer now in total than Max was. To quote George Piggins, anyone who thinks they will make money from an NRL club are deluded.

Our club is in a rebuilding phase.

It's simple isn't it? Shouldn't be hard for people to work out unless you haven't been through a rebuilding phase before.
You can't be at the top forever.
The comp is designed that way. It's a constant rotation of clubs. It's how the salary cap is designed - why are people screaming for blood when in reality it should not have shocked anyone?....

We're building a younger squad - with a few old heads to even out the experience.
We're sourcing new avenues for feeder clubs cause ours just aren't cutting it. It's nothing new in the NRL....
Give Bozo time - it's taken Gould 6yrs and counting....

We'll be back at the top in the next couple of years and all this complaining about the owners will be lost in the forgotten Silvertail forums of days gone by....
How long did it take Wayyyne at brisbane?

Brown has been handy in a season where we've needed to cover a ridiculous amount of injuries. He's played everywhere. We're lucky we had someone who can do this.

Wright was bought mid season to purely cover injuries. Not many F Grade centres laying around for mid season purchases - if u know some u should have chatted with bozo.

Green and Williame would be on peanuts and again, are there to cover injuries to first graders.

Lane is a fantastic buy. He'll be a handy addition to our forward pack. 5 tries in 14 games. 6'5" 115kg. Can't wait to see him in maroon and white.

Uate hasn't even signed so probably not worth mentioning yet.

For every negative comment you can make about the above players - I can think of a few positive ones :)
Yes but id take Hiku or Gutho over Brown stain ereryday ofthe year.

I believe so. As a utility bench player. Not a starting centre like tonight....

Carn the Eagles. Give it to the Panfers
Well in my opinion either hiku or gutho would have been a more astute signiture.

Manly will win tonight. No problems.

You don't have to be Einstein to start putting things together do you.

First get total control
Then buy the Leagues Club
Then sell the site for a huge profit.
Then close it down ( or move it)
Then do only what's necessary to maintain the side.
Then get a massive offer from the NRL to relocate, with no impediment from other part owners to block any move.
Take the money and then sell the franchise for peanuts to some other sucker.

Make say $12 million on sale of Leagues Club, maybe another $8 million and walk away $20 million richer , nice work if you can get it.

Whilst this is nothing other than supposition , lots of pieces of the puzzle are already in place.

This has been the plan since the start imo.

Seemed obvious years ago.

Brown has been handy in a season where we've needed to cover a ridiculous amount of injuries. He's played everywhere. We're lucky we had someone who can do this.

Wright was bought mid season to purely cover injuries. Not many F Grade centres laying around for mid season purchases - if u know some u should have chatted with bozo.

Green and Williame would be on peanuts and again, are there to cover injuries to first graders.

Lane is a fantastic buy. He'll be a handy addition to our forward pack. 5 tries in 14 games. 6'5" 115kg. Can't wait to see him in maroon and white.

Uate hasn't even signed so probably not worth mentioning yet.

For every negative comment you can make about the above players - I can think of a few positive ones :)
So you are happy that we signed brown and let Gutherson and Hiku go?

We wouldn't need to sign an F grade centre is we kept those two players who were already under contact for this year.

Oh that's right we also had tom Symonds who can play centre as well but we let him go mid season

I am sick and tired of hearing about injuries being an excuse when we let these three players go this year when we should have kept them to cover injuries.

Fulton has only ever been for Fulton and someone needs to tell him to retire and get him and his family away from our club as they have absolutely destroyed it this year.

Max Delmege confessed he had sunk $15 million during his time. The Penns have been there longer now in total than Max was. To quote George Piggins, anyone who thinks they will make money from an NRL club are deluded.
But Max got a front of jersey sponsorship every year included in that so you have to discount that.

New tv deal fundamentally changes the economics of the game. We are not far away from NRL teams being, in relative terms, as profitable as NFL teams.

We can't keep every backline player mate.
At the time we had Stewart, Matai, Lyon, Turbo and purchased walker.

I don't know the ins and outs of recruitment - but they obviously thought they were sorted in the backline. Happy with the stocks they had. So they strengthened where they thought they were weak. Guessing this was Utility in Brown.

Can't keep them all mate. That's what the salary cap is all about. And good on them for giving the kids a crack elsewhere. Some of them are rocks - some are diamonds.

To sit back in hindsight like you knew better is just childish. If you know better - go hand your resume into front office - you might be really good at recruitment - who knows?...
The reason why were are over the salary cap and had to let go Gutherson, Symonds and Hiku was because of poor recruitment by signing Myles, Brown and over paying Cherry Evans by hundreds of thousands of dollar a year.

The reason why were are over the salary cap and had to let go Gutherson, Symonds and Hiku was because of poor recruitment by signing Myles, Brown and over paying Cherry Evans by hundreds of thousands of dollar a year.

See Myles holding back laughing in the stands tonight? Yet another example of his heart not being "Manly".

Barrett needs to work out how to get rid of this bloke. If DCE were to tear up his contract, right now I wouldn't even mind - he's been the worst 1/2 back in the league this season (yet paid the most).

They overpaid DCE because of some really dumb recruitment decisions in 2015. He was willing to take less, but Manly stuffed it and only got him back by paying overs. Not DCE's fault. Blame Penns and the Board before Fulton came back.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2