Do we want our club back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
You don't have to be Einstein to start putting things together do you.

First get total control
Then buy the Leagues Club
Then sell the site for a huge profit.
Then close it down ( or move it)
Then do only what's necessary to maintain the side.
Then get a massive offer from the NRL to relocate, with no impediment from other part owners to block any move.
Take the money and then sell the franchise for peanuts to some other sucker.

Make say $12 million on sale of Leagues Club, maybe another $8 million and walk away $20 million richer , nice work if you can get it.

Whilst this is nothing other than supposition , lots of pieces of the puzzle are already in place.
And to rub salt into the wound, spend about $25m to make the $20m.

My theory is that they want to destroy all sport so everyone gets fat and needs weight watchers. Manly is almost killed off, now for the rest of sport.
And then they can spend their time doing huge seminars all across the country sitting Zorba on stage with the byline "You too can look like this and live" if you don't get with our program.

Max I know you're out there somewhere.....
Consortium time... pleeease !!!!

Just so as I can understand the psyche on here, there are now numerous threads demanding we stop criticising the coach, recruitment team and those who have been employed to produce results, so that's not Ok.

However, it's Ok, even "trendy" for us to criticise those in the Club who have put their $millions on the line to keep us afloat under the guise of a tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

Geez I'm glad we have our priorities sorted on Silvertails.

Let me clarify it for you, Ralphie...
We can't criticise anybody, except each other.
Then again, I might wait for Moses to turn up with the commandments before I move forward on this.

Our club is in a rebuilding phase.

It's simple isn't it? Shouldn't be hard for people to work out unless you haven't been through a rebuilding phase before.
You can't be at the top forever.
The comp is designed that way. It's a constant rotation of clubs. It's how the salary cap is designed - why are people screaming for blood when in reality it should not have shocked anyone?....

We're building a younger squad - with a few old heads to even out the experience.
We're sourcing new avenues for feeder clubs cause ours just aren't cutting it. It's nothing new in the NRL....
Give Bozo time - it's taken Gould 6yrs and counting....

We'll be back at the top in the next couple of years and all this complaining about the owners will be lost in the forgotten Silvertail forums of days gone by....
A club rebuilding doesn't sign duds like Green, Brown, Willame and Wright And add to that supposedly Uate and Lane FMD

First get total control
Then get a massive offer from the NRL to relocate, with no impediment from other part owners to block any move.

Make say $12 million on sale of Leagues Club, maybe another $8 million and walk away $20 million richer , nice work if you can get it.

Whilst this is nothing other than supposition , lots of pieces of the puzzle are already in place.
Weren't they also trying to build high rise apartments around Brookvale oval? Some massive forethought into making Penn Group money. Objectively are we seeing the same sort of decision making into Manly sea eagles winning a premiership.

I see a private business with great corporate skill and self interest in making money. I have massive concerns the owners best interest is the longevity of me and u as supporters or Sea Eagles having Manly or Warringah in the name.

Weren't they also trying to build high rise apartments around Brookvale oval? Some massive forethought into making Penn Group money. Objectively are we seeing the same sort of decision making into Manly sea eagles winning a premiership.

I see a private business with great corporate skill and self interest in making money. I have massive concerns the owners best interest is the longevity of me and u as supporters or Sea Eagles having Manly or Warringah in the name.
Absolutely spot on there DH.

Ps. That's a nice shiny hat you have there. Where did you get that from, I want one!! :)

The units were to house the seasonal labourers when Brookie reverts back to farm land.

First get total control

Nailed it!

Funny you should mention that. I've often felt as though he is undressing me with his eyes as I walk past him, provocatively.
More like wishful thinking...

The units were to house the seasonal labourers when Brookie reverts back to farm land.
The real truth is the high rise was to pay for the Brookie construction. The proposal involved no profit for anyone but the builder & their normal margin, but hey don't let the facts slow down this very real conspiracy.

The real truth is the high rise was to pay for the Brookie construction. The proposal involved no profit for anyone but the builder & their normal margin, but hey don't let the facts slow down this very real conspiracy.

Please explain how that would work.

I cannot imagine why anybody would pay to build a block of high rise apartments to donate the profit to a council owned stadium.

Please explain how that would work.

I cannot imagine why anybody would pay to build a block of high rise apartments to donate the profit to a council owned stadium.
It is council owned, so a public asset. They don't have the cash to pay for the rebuild of Brookie so they incorporate a development & the profits generated from the development covers the costs of the Brookie rebuild. These types of arrangements are common.

A club rebuilding doesn't sign duds like Green, Brown, Willame and Wright And add to that supposedly Uate and Lane FMD
Oh yes it can, it needs someone, almost anyone to play whilst the old guard are moved on, rebuildings do not take 1 off season....though so far the footings do seem a little 'sandy'

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8