Do we want our club back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
Are you getting a bit fed up with sitting back and watching our once great club being destroyed.

Perhaps it's time we all questioned the motives of persons in power and the direction of our club.

Has a cancer invaded our club? Is there corporate games and media trickery, with no understanding of football nouse, set upon complete control, who placed personal agenda in front of the best interest of the club?

With full control are they incompetent? Is anything but destruction occuring at this once great club. Club legends gone, the deliberate attempts to destroy our district football club, the loss of our juniors, and now all our grades are hitting record lows.

The nepotism has returned, Scott Fulton previously fractured our club in the 90's, when club supporters would boo a player running out onto the field In our own jersey.

Our successful coaches all sacked. Our talented local juniors from a under 20's grand final sent packing, any administrator, support person with a demonstrated ability to achieve success gone. But non performers like Willow retained.

We have to ask ourselves what are this mob really trying to achieve? From the outside looking in, one could view such decisions combined to be a deliberate move to destroy this club. Are we staying a Brookvale?

On one hand it's a results driven business, the hypocrisy of it, if that is the case, then our management agrees that right now, they must sack themselves! Don't they!

A couple of questions? With Toovey at the helm, did you ever feel like this was not your club? Like this club had nothing to do with the local area? That you as a supporter were irrelevant? Do you support Zorba?

Our Major sponsor has left. Now the back sponsor is on its bike as well.

As an observation the dragon members have arranged protest rallies, and are very public against Mr Doust and the direction of that club.

Are the dragons in a worse position then what our club is currently in?

Geoff Toovey remains for me at least the true spiritual leader of this club. The way he has refused to bad mouth this club, the people who **** canned him, with all the calculated leaks, minutes before he went to air and more.

Who is the person you have confidence in to do the right things for this club? It's juniors. Whose team do you want to get behind and support. Is it Tooves or this current mob?

Probably how we all feel really but there's little you can do with the club in private hands they now run the show to their liking and in the manner they want. We may have had board room issues with the old structure but just like we have a senate in parliament , at least then there were people " keeping the bastards honest". It's not like we have a board that we can petition to be sacked, we are simply " customers" of a product so we either adapt to the new world OR we go support GWS ( or the like). Sad, but true.

Last edited:
Are you getting a bit fed up with sitting back and watching our once great club being destroyed.

Perhaps it's time we all questioned the motives of persons in power and the direction of our club.

Has a cancer invaded our club? Is there corporate games and media trickery, with no understanding of football nouse, set upon complete control, who placed personal agenda in front of the best interest of the club?

With full control are they incompetent? Is anything but destruction occuring at this once great club. Club legends gone, the deliberate attempts to destroy our district football club, the loss of our juniors, and now all our grades are hitting record lows.

The nepotism has returned, Scott Fulton previously fractured our club in the 90's, when club supporters would boo a player running out onto the field In our own jersey.

Our successful coaches all sacked. Our talented local juniors from a under 20's grand final sent packing, any administrator, support person with a demonstrated ability to achieve success gone. But non performers like Willow retained.

We have to ask ourselves what are this mob really trying to achieve? From the outside looking in, one could view such decisions combined to be a deliberate move to destroy this club. Are we staying a Brookvale?

On one hand it's a results driven business, the hypocrisy of it, if that is the case, then our management agrees that right now, they must sack themselves! Don't they!

A couple of questions? With Toovey at the helm, did you ever feel like this was not your club? Like this club had nothing to do with the local area? That you as a supporter were irrelevant? Do you support Zorba?

As an observation the dragon members have arranged protest rallies, and are very public against Mr Doust and the direction of that club.

Geoff Toovey remains for me at least the true spiritual leader of this club. The way he has refused to bad mouth this club, the people who **** canned him, with all the calculated leaks, minutes before he went to air and more.

Who is the person you have confidence in to do the right things for this club? It's juniors. Whose team do you want to get behind and support. Is it Tooves or this current mob?
I'll just try tying a noose around my neck just to make myself feel better.

Not sure if it is that bad, but I get the sentiment @double hoops
The club has lost a little bit of flavour. When I went back to the Leaguesy after final game, I said to the staff, where are the Manly players. Response "don't know" They took themselves off to the Brookie Hotel. If they can't get the basics right, God help us

Great post! Agree completely!

The people running the club have destroyed it

The coach is an idiot also

Not much to look forward to, it's going to get worse me feels, much worse

There is a agenda here behind the scenes it seems

Great post! Agree completely!

The people running the club have destroyed it

The coach is an idiot also

Not much to look forward to, it's going to get worse me feels, much worse

There is a agenda here behind the scenes it seems

Your last sentence is interesting, any theories ??

It is isn't it, that's certainly what it looks like

Relocation could be one

You don't have to be Einstein to start putting things together do you.

First get total control
Then buy the Leagues Club
Then sell the site for a huge profit.
Then close it down ( or move it)
Then do only what's necessary to maintain the side.
Then get a massive offer from the NRL to relocate, with no impediment from other part owners to block any move.
Take the money and then sell the franchise for peanuts to some other sucker.

Make say $12 million on sale of Leagues Club, maybe another $8 million and walk away $20 million richer , nice work if you can get it.

Whilst this is nothing other than supposition , lots of pieces of the puzzle are already in place.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6