Do we have enough players for next week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can we just play the black town side V Brisbane. We need a week with no injuries and there will be plenty all round at the sand pit over the "magic" round

If Jack de Belin wins his court case we may have Dylan Walker at five eight.
Amazing isn't it?. Most of us here are positive about Walker returning, even at five eight.
Yet if we had have named that team last year we would have taken bets on being beaten by 50 or 60.
It just goes to show what Des has created. He has made everyone better by building a team with these parts. Playing as a team around him, these players actually would allow Walker to thrive in a five eighth role because he can take the line on himself without having to worry about creating plays himself.
NYEagle

Lussicks little bro got a game a couple of years back and looked a goer, I’m assuming he is no longer with us ?

He and Hastings have been making their mark at Salford. Salford were on the brink of relegation last year when Lussick and Hastings came in and saved their bacon. Salford this year are running 6th, just outside of three teams running 3rd to 5th and they have the third best attack. Not bad for a team that almost dipped out last year and Lussick and Hastings have apparently had a lot to do with the rise.

Possible but fainu was tanked yesterday when he played extra mins. He is nowhere near ready to play 80. Assuming cust got through ok yesterday I reckon he will go with him.

Sorry I look at it exactly the opposite way.Sherlock Holmes Gasnier tells us that Fainus tired and all of a sudden it’s gospel and the kids not functioning. Actually might be better to look closely at what actually transpired.

Just watched the second half again looking at this specifically after reading a lot of this comment. What is being missed here is that there is a huge difference between being tired versus being tired and NOT doing your job.EVERYONE was tired.If someone’s not tired in that situation it’s almost certainly because he’s not putting in.

In the lead up to Gasnier waxing lyrical about Fainus tiredness, in the previous 6 sets in 3 of them Fainu made 3 of the six tackles in that set. I did not see him miss a tackle in that period.After each of those sets in defence he had a searching metre gaining run from dummy half up the Dogs middle.

Watch the Bulldogs last try deep into the match.Look at the guy racing across trying to make a last ditch tackle at the corner post.Not a fullback or left edge backrower. Manasai Fanu.With 8 to go Api made a nice run towards the post and it was Fainu on his inside shoulder looking for that last pass. The first thing that goes if a player is shot is they don’t push up in support.With 4 to go he ran 20 metres straight through the Dogs middle to close out the game. His passing remained crisp.

As I said there is a total difference between being tired from doing a great job and being tired and not doing your job. The whole team was gassed because we were playing with a patched up side with not much possession after 6 hard weeks. We had outside backs like Parker and Suli gasping from the effort.

What he actually did do was show that at his young age he has what’s necessary to play under duress, not the opposite.I did not see a single error or lack of effort in that second half despite his tiredness.
Obviously its better for everyone, not just him,to get a rest with Api replacing him or vica versa ,but if you don’t then he and a lot of others last night showed they can get the job done.We won the game and it’s because guys like Fainu, Parker , Suli and co DID function well under duress.

Last edited:
Sorry I look at it exactly the opposite way.Sherlock Holmes Gasnier tells us that Fainus tired and all of a sudden it’s gospel and the kids not functioning. Actually might be better to look closely at what actually transpired.

Just watched the second half again ooking at this specifically after reading a lot of this comment. What is being missed here is that there is a huge difference between being tired versus being tired and NOT doing your job.EVERYONE was tired.If someone’s not tired in that situation it’s almost certainly because he’s not putting in.

In the lead up to Gasnier waxing lyrical about Fainus tiredness, in the previous 6 sets in 3 of them Fainu made 3 of the six tackles in that set. I did not see him miss a tackle in that period.After each of those sets in defence he had a searching metre gaining run from dummy half up the Dogs middle.

With 8 to go Api made a nice run towards the post and it was Fainu on his inside shoulder looking for that last pass. The first thing that goes if a player is shot is they don’t push up in support.With 4 to go he ran 20 metres straight through the Dogs middle to close out the game. His passing remained crisp.

As I said there is a total difference between being tired from doing a great job and being tired and not doing your job. The whole team was gassed because we were playing with a patched up side with not much possession after 6 hard weeks. We had outside backs like Parker and Suli gasping from the effort.

What he actually did do was show that at his young age he has what’s necessary to play under duress, not the opposite.I did not see a single error or lack of effort in that second half despite his tiredness.
Obviously its better for everyone, not just him,to get a rest with Api replacing him or vica versa ,but if you don’t then he and a lot of others last night showed they can get the job done.We won the game and it’s because guys like Fainu, Parker , Suli and co DID function well under duress.

He definitely kept going , but I thought it was noticeable that playing the extended minutes meant he lost his usual zip, which is only natural, and is also what we will have to come to expect when he does become an 80min man and have to pick his moments to save himself a bit more

He definitely kept going , but I thought it was noticeable that playing the extended minutes meant he lost his usual zip, which is only natural, and is also what we will have to come to expect when he does become an 80min man and have to pick his moments to save himself a bit more
Well I was at the game I and I like to focus on Fainu because he is such a gun player. Incredibly strong and super workrate. The only thing I noticed is that he stopped the dummy half runs later in the game, but he was still quick to the play-the-ball and gave great service.
Ummm. I wouldnt listen to anything Gasnier has to say. The whole team was gassed, but unlike a Barrett coached team where gaps start to appear and players miss tackles, a Hasler coached team just has more players get involved in each tackle and a focus on shutting the ball down.
Just beautiful stuff to watch a full team effort last night. Great game control and no panic. Reminds me of the last Hasler era exactly.
NYEagle

Last edited:
Here's the team I would go with (assuming AFB and Croker are injured):

1. Elliot
2. Miski
3. Suli
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Sironen
7. Elgey
8. Sipley
9. Koroisau
10. Taupau
11. Thompson
12. Gosiewski
13. Trbojevic
14. Fainu
15. Paseka/Tanginoa
16. Waddell
17. Boyle

I think this team gives the least disruption to the side. I don't mind Api at 6/7, but one of our strengths has been our hooker and general bench rotation, and I think putting Api at 6 and forcing Fainu to play the whole 80 would lessen their impact. I think Sirro would be serviceable at 6 and would have enough experience not to try too much, he seems to have a solid kicking game. Koriosau and Fainu both have decent short kicking games and would be able to lessen the burden on the halves. In saying that, Des might choose to blood young Cust or Dockar-Clay, either way I trust Des!

Last edited:
I'm not sure about sironen at 6 it will just make Elgey and easy target when it comes to kicking and attacking !! Sironen played great last night so I wouldn’t move him !! I think cust or docker-clay should be 6

No way Api in halves. No kicking game and this isolates Elgey. He and Fainu in the middle to do the business they do well.Broncos play a power game with their big forwards so this is one game where Api needs to be there.

I actually think it would be good to see them both on the field together in all games for 10 or 15 minutes.its happened two or three times this year. Api can handle the big boys and would be dangerous following Fainu up the middle.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7