DM Appreciation thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Byso and I have one thing in common. We are both Depeche Mode tragics.

Anyways I took delivery of their new album today and I know Byso doesn't get his until Friday so I thought I'd start this thread to gloat. :twisted:

The opening few bars sound like the opening to Dr Who but after that it's DM at their dark, gloomy and atmospheric best. Certainly better than their last outing - Exciter and quite possibly their best since 1990's sublime Violator.

Happy waiting Byso. :lol2:

Lucky I have no objections to being a punching bag every now and then Dan.

Is your Zen philiosophy letting you down?

I can't wait it sounds good already.
I'd be surprised if one other person appreciates this classic band on this site.

Most will know "Just can't get enough" But in reality it's probably the tackiest tune they did.

I'd say PJ wouldn't mind them.

It's funny Byso - for mine the weakest songs are up front and then it just gets stronger and better.

Lucky I have no objections to being a punching bag every now and then Dan.

Is your Zen philiosophy letting you down?

I have no zen philosophy. You learn quickly that there is no zen when you have to deal with absolute morons day in day out

DM... now that's a band I haven't heard of in quite a while. I haven't listened to them for ages.... off to demonoid.com it seems :)

In the meantime, I'm listening to mashuptown.com and John Coltrane...

The good bands survive.
then explain Madonna, Mariah Carey and Metallica to me!

lol I just hate those "musicians" and always will!

There all very good.

I like Madonnas stuff I don't have Mariah stuff but she has a great rack and she has re invented herself well with her last few songs.

Metalica isn't my type of music but even they have some good stuff.

Dan I suppose "tool" is you're favourite band? :)

Hate tool as well.

Favourite band, I dont have a favourite I have lots of bands and songs that I like. My ipod has about 3000 songs on it.

I would say my fav at the moment is Pete Murray, The Beautiful Girls and Jack Johnson

25 years and counting. With the Cure and U2 they're the last survivors of the great early 80s British musical revolution.

Dan and Fro have a point though. I used to think the Rolling Stones were complete dinosaurs in the 80s.

Cure = good U2 = lost it with their last album......he isnt a 20 something anymore, but thinks he is.

Morrisey still has it though, if he doesnt make you depressed then your just not suffering enough

Tool are great, Metallica have some good stuff and are great live. Although I did struggle being down the front.

Did you go and see Jack Johnson Dan? one of the better concerts I have seen, all his support acts were great!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4