DM Appreciation thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There was 1 band that people wented to see at live 8 according to online polls of hundreds of thousands of people, 15 years in the top 100 with 1 album just shows how far behind the rest are, and its 38 years for them.

25 years and counting. With the Cure and U2 they're the last survivors of the great early 80s British musical revolution.

Dan and Fro have a point though. I used to think the Rolling Stones were complete dinosaurs in the 80s.

The Strolling Bones are dinosaurs, but classy Dinosaurs.

Matas, youve probably got some Spandau Ballet and Tears for Fears albums hidden away somewhere too :)

OMG I don't believe this thread, there are some people with very serious issues.

Cant believe nobody has mentioned the culture club, Boy George wa in trouble just the other day on some drug charge or other.

no keeping tabs on your boyfriends for you byso

wp.gif

And MAtas, I still am a fan of S Taylor.
Sadly he hasn't released anything since 1994. I still maintain "Meltdown" is one of the most brilliant songs written - for the layers of sarcasm in it!

I wanna be a clone would have to be up there too - very true, so very true.

For contempory songs that speak to me the words of Better days by pete Murray just hit me perfectly, I didnt like it at first but the more I her the lyrics the more you just have to shake your head and think...I have lived the same thing!

I liked thier "rush of blood to the head" album, that wa sa ripper, but i have gone off them a bit. i dont think they have any real long term staying power as a band!

I think you will find coldplay have about another 5 years before burn out. Their music is slowly melding into 1 song!

I am sure he will fade too...but thats not the point.
Pete murrays music is always going to sound similar by nature, it is quiet and slow blues.

Coldplay are rock. I like them dont get me wrong but there is nothing new about it, it seems more of an extension of rush of blood than an independant release. There is nothing on there that i couldnt get from listening to RBTH. By the way Clocks is my ring tone!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8