Did you guys watch the world sevens RU

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thommo's worth was that he unsettled batsmen and I bet Lillee thanked him for more than a couple of wickets he secured as a result.

The better bowler was? I don't think Lillee's stats dropped too much when Thommo wasn't there

Thommo looked good cause he was fast and not many were or ever will be,McGrath was a plodder but so much better.

But yet stats prove that we have had better bowlers than Thommo
Thommo was not the only bowler with speed in Australian cricket . The bottom line in League is
that No player can tackle a player that they cannot catch.
Players with superior speed do not get run down
Players with superior speed convert breaks into tries
This is why they are called game breakers
I am going to bed feathered friend . Got to get up early for a gym session
Have a good night .

Last edited:
Thommo was not the only bowler with speed in Australian cricket . The bottom line in League is
that No player can tackle a player that they cannot catch.
Players with superior speed do not get run down
Players with superior speed covert breaks into tries
This is why they are called game breakers
I am going to bed feathered friend . Got to get up early for a gym session
Have a good night .

Yeh getting late.

How many Rugby League Immortals are there and how many of them were super fast? Or the fastest in their position?

Shows the gulf in league v union globally. 90s US had a RL 7s team in Sydney, with forward nfl passes and some. Novelty. 20 years later USA union 7s one of the better sides. 2nd this season I think.

Yeh getting late.
Good day @Bearfax . Time goes so fast . The night is over and a another new day has begun and if we can get out of bead and have the ability to do things that we enjoy then we are truly are blessed .
Enjoy the day feathered friend and do not let any one ruffle your Sea eagle feathers !
index.jpg

The better bowler was? I don't think Lillee's stats dropped too much when Thommo wasn't there

This is like most such examples of dual bowling attacks, too difficult to determine.

Lillee and Thmpson started within a year of each other in test cricket 72-73 and finished within a year of each other 84-85 in test cricket. Both had suffered several periods out of the game through injury. It was noted though that when Thommo was in his first lengthy injury period, Lillee had to bowl a lot more and though he had good figures it took its toll and probably contributed to his first time out of the game.

It is recorded though that Thompson was probably the fastest bowler since the war and opposition players admitted being intimated and playing rash shots against bowling speeds that approached 180 kms an hour. It is recorded that Lillee and Thompson played their best tests when playing in tandem, especially on a fast track.

Their 74-75 test series against England, which I recall watching on TV, is legendary. Australia won 4-1 and Thompson took 33 wickets at 18 and Lillee 25 wickets at 24. A year later they shared in demolishing a strong West Indies side 5-1, the only loss being when Thommo was out injured and Lillee went out injured early in WIs first innings for the rest of the match. And West Indies had Fredericks, Greenwich, Kalicharran, Richards, Rowe, Lloyd, Holding, Holder, Gibbs and Roberts. Australia had a weak batting line up other than the Chappells and Redpath. I remember being stunned at these two bowlers who just pressured England and West Indies into the ground and ended a couple of their test batsmen's test careers Speed from one. Accuracy from the other. That's what won those series.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7