Did you guys watch the world sevens RU

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Hey guys did any of you see the USA's speedster who is a Olympic sprinter. His scoring from dummy half and 30 mtrs out against the Kiwi's was scintillating. I'd be hopping onto a plane with my cheque book. Best burst of speed I've seen in a while. Best his defence is great to!

Watched almost every game and it's back on this week in Sydney - if I lived down there still would go just for the atmosphere....and action....
I think you would mean carlin Isles.....absolute flying machine....his partner in crime and maybe quicker is Perry Baker who had his jaw broken in 2 places.
To be honest I think these blokes would get monstered physically in league, but some of the bigger Fijians would be worth a look....still fast but far more strength and size.
There is a NZ 7's player who has signed this season with the Raiders....scouts are already taking this option.

Thanks for the post @Supreme Leader .

Speed is a game breaker .There is no substitute for sheer Speed

Explosive speed exposes any defensive structure .

Coaches can teach players how to tackle but no player can ever tackle a player that they cannot catch

Speed Kills ! The more speed a player has . The more damage they can do to the opposition .

These match winners that posses dynamic speed can win the game on their own at a blink of an eye .

To all the Speed freaks on this forum sit back and enjoy this speedster Carlin Isles

Coaches can teach players how to tackle but no player can ever tackle a player that they cannot catch

Speed Kills ! The more speed a player has . The more damage they can do to the opposition .

These match winners that posses dynamic speed can win the game on their own at a blink of an eye .

To all the Speed freaks on this forum sit back and enjoy this speedster Carlin Isles

Hey Bozo - do this same youtube highlights on Perry Baker - Absolute flash !!

We already did this when we signed Frank Winterstein from Rugby 7s. The concept has merit even if Frank isn't a standout.

I am also surprised that we haven't been scouting directly from Fiji or Tonga.
No doubt mate - there are a few Semi Radradra running around and they have the speed and Power to make it....maybe some tackling practice and smarts but agree 100%...their natural attributes are made for Rugby League...

Most rugby players struggle with the defence of league and 7's players seem to struggle with the defence of rugby
All players at any level would definitely struggle getting their hands any way near these speedsters
Speed Kills !

Now that is fast. Not sure about his passing ability, but then none of his team mates had any chance of keeping up with him. Extraordinary acceleration and lovely swerve. I wonder if he can tackle. If so buy him.

No wonder the yanks win all the 7s tournaments these days. That’s a hell of a YouTube clip.

No wonder the yanks win all the 7s tournaments these days. That’s a hell of a YouTube clip.
The crazy part mate is they they get beat by a margin against Fiji, NZ and SA....but are getting closer.
USA do have the quickest 2 players in Baker and Isles, with Englands Norton very fast also.
USA made the final vs Fiji on the weekend, but copped a 30-40 point belting.
You should watch the 7’s this weekend in Sydney- a heap of flyers and crazy entertainment for those who appreciate great attack and the odd tackle

Speed may well get you a spot in the team .... but it sure as shiite won't keep you there ......

Hey Woodsie, hear what your saying. But what do you prefer - what we have now with the speed of a retiree with a walking frame, or someone like Elliott passing the ball (Yes a centre who can pass a ball - reportably) to someone who can run past the defence and knows how to find a try line (preferably not our own in goal)?

All players at any level would definitely struggle getting their hands any way near these speedsters
Speed Kills !

I’m not sure that’s the point @Fluffy was making - sure, these guys might be hard to tackle, but what’s the use if they can’t make a tackle either? So they run away from opposition defenders and score a few points, then the opposition just runs straight over the top of them to score a few in return...kinda pointless, TBH.

Rugby 7s is great to watch, but there’s a reason the teams are full of speedy little whippets - they’re not big enough, robust enough, or defensively good enough to make it in the full-size game. It’s like u/20s vs NRL players - quick and flashy, but the defence is atrocious.

Hey Woodsie, hear what your saying. But what do you prefer - what we have now with the speed of a retiree with a walking frame, or someone like Elliott passing the ball (Yes a centre who can pass a ball - reportably) to someone who can run past the defence and knows how to find a try line (preferably not our own in goal)?

If you present a case of choosing between 2 equally good players ... yes you would choose the fastest .... but There is a reason that in 110 years of Rugby League in Australia we have only had a handful of Olympic sprinters play FG ...... yes ... speed is an amazing asset .... but it is only one of a number of important attributes .....

In Rugby sevens with wide open spaces and only about 3 minute game time per half ..... sprinters are in their optimum environment ... and if they can't tackle .. nobody notices or cares ... and good luck to them ...

I’m not sure that’s the point @Fluffy was making - sure, these guys might be hard to tackle, but what’s the use if they can’t make a tackle either? So they run away from opposition defenders and score a few points, then the opposition just runs straight over the top of them to score a few in return...kinda pointless, TBH.

Rugby 7s is great to watch, but there’s a reason the teams are full of speedy little whippets - they’re not big enough, robust enough, or defensively good enough to make it in the full-size game. It’s like u/20s vs NRL players - quick and flashy, but the defence is atrocious.
We all are making different points on here and my point is speed kills at every level of the game

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10