Did you guys watch the world sevens RU

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am yet to see Anderson in firsts - how did he go?

Most mirthful Fluffy. I suppose I should have been more succinct in my language. Of course I had not mentioned first grade at any stage until I referred to Funa and Garrick. You may have noticed I also mentioned Albert Hoppa and Schuster and surprise, they have not played first grade either. I did not state Anderson had played first grade nor up to that point was I restricting my comments to first grade play. But you chose to identify the first grade issue with Anderson, because of my specific mention of the experience of Funa and Garrick. Ho hum

Thanks for the post @Supreme Leader .

Speed is a game breaker .There is no substitute for sheer Speed

Explosive speed exposes any defensive structure .

Coaches can teach players how to tackle but no player can ever tackle a player that they cannot catch

Speed Kills ! The more speed a player has . The more damage they can do to the opposition .

These match winners that posses dynamic speed can win the game on their own at a blink of an eye .

To all the Speed freaks on this forum sit back and enjoy this speedster Carlin Isles

Watch "Race" on Netflix. The Jesse Owens story. Brilliant.

Watch "Race" on Netflix. The Jesse Owens story. Brilliant.
Thanks mate . I know of Jesse as most sport fans would have heard of this legendary athlete .
Can you imagine this magnificent man on the wing for Manly ?

800px-Jesse_Owens3.jpg

Thanks mate . I know of Jesse as most sport fans would have heard of this legendary athlete .
Can you imagine this magnificent man on the wing for Manly ?

View attachment 10599
As a young bloke, I was always hoping Larry Cowora would come to Manly. You'd watch the Tigers spin it out to him, and the entire hill at Leichhardt would be on their feet.

As a young bloke, I was always hoping Larry Cowora would come to Manly. You'd watch the Tigers spin it out to him, and the entire hill at Leichhardt would be on their feet.

Larrys blistering speed got him all the way to a NSW and Australian jumper . Magnificent foot work and sensational speed made this player a Game Breaker .

There is nothing so anti climax than to see a back in the clear with the try line near and getting run down by his opposite number .

Speed dominates in games and Larry did dominate .

Larry was a flyer and as you say it is a shame he did not fly with the Sea eagles

Last edited:
All these super fast players are hand picked for the 7s and not good enough for club let alone provincial rugger teams. Give me Trents recruitment over the lot of you..

All these super fast players are hand picked for the 7s and not good enough for club let alone provincial rugger teams. Give me Trents recruitment over the lot of you..

Speed dominates in the Rugby league Under 7s , all the way to NRL , State of origin and International level .

Go son Go !!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Speed dominates in the Rugby league Under 7s , all the way to NRL , State of origin and International level .

Go son Go !!!

So speed and speed alone is the only criteria for ever being selected. Give me a team of Jakes over Corowas anyday

So speed and speed alone is the only criteria for ever being selected. Give me a team of Jakes over Corowas anyday
Where did I say speed alone ? The point I was making was that a player with superior speed is the superior player .
Speaking of speed and being in the off season cricket season . My favourite all time bowler was Thommo
Enjoy the highlights !

Apples and oranges there riffraff. Teams need both Jakes and Larry's, not either or

Of course we do but speed isn't everything. Otherwise why don't we try to get someone like that American winger. He just wouldn't be any good

Where did I say speed alone ? The point I was making was that a player with superior speed is the superior player .
Speaking of speed and being in the off season cricket season . My favourite all time bowler was Thommo
Enjoy the highlights !

Gosh Thommo scared me with his bowling. He was so intimidating. He ended the test careers of more than a couple of overseas batsmen. It was like he was using a sling shot, and more often than not, it wasn't aimed at the wicket. I guess it brings back memories of Larwood.

But yet stats prove that we have had better bowlers than Thommo

Thommo's worth was that he unsettled batsmen and I bet Lillee thanked him for more than a couple of wickets he secured as a result. Those two acted like a unit,, one with deadly speed to intimidate, the other with deadly accuracy benefitting from batsmen playing tentatively as a result.

Gosh Thommo scared me with his bowling. He was so intimidating. He ended the test careers of more than a couple of overseas batsmen. It was like he was using a sling shot, and more often than not, it wasn't aimed at the wicket. I guess it brings back memories of Larwood.
I have seen footage of Thommo and other fast bowlers and as you say Thommo looked more scary and intimidating . He looked faster than any other bowler with his unique sling shot action .

Thommo's worth was that he unsettled batsmen and I bet Lillee thanked him for more than a couple of wickets he secured as a result. Those two acted like a unit,, one with deadly speed to intimidate, the other with deadly accuracy benefitting from batsmen playing tentatively as a result.
Thomo was the hit man and Lillee was the tradesman . Great combination !

SPEED KILLS ......
June 11, 1975. Sri Lanka put up a great fight against the mighty Australians before Jeff Thomson unleashed a fearsome spell of fast bowling. Arunabha Sengupta recalls the day when two Sri Lankan batsmen had to be carried off to the hospital.

Duleep-Mendis-is-carried-from-the-field-after-being-struck-on-the-head.jpg

Thommo's worth was that he unsettled batsmen and I bet Lillee thanked him for more than a couple of wickets he secured as a result.

The better bowler was? I don't think Lillee's stats dropped too much when Thommo wasn't there

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7