Did Monas really say this?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Listening to Talking sport, apparently Monas said on the TV news last night in reply to ex-Manly players (Max) bagging there performance.

“You don’t hear much from these blokes when were playing well, only when we lose. Who are these blokes anyhow?�

(This is second hand info if anyone else can confirm what was said it would be good.)

Surely he wasn’t trying to fob off former great players disappointments of there display on the weekend.

my opinion of monas was at the bottom of a pea trap dunny before this comment, i dont know where my opinion can go to from here.

i didn't hear it, but give Mona's some credit, i highly doubt he would say "Who are these blokes anyhow?” the rest could be true and not far from the mark either imo.

no doubt a further career limiting move at Manly from that hoax (not that his form isn't enough).
unless he shuts his mouth and starts thinking about how he could be a reasonable hooker he could be goonnneee by next season.

I saw it with my own eyes and thought to myself 'spoken like a true pelican'... never thought I would hear myself say this but a grand example of some young punk who thinks he is better than he is not respecting his elders and ridiculing people who have the right ( ie Max Krilich) to make such comments about such an inept performance by this once proud club.

Do us all a favour Monaghan, shut up or **** off! OK, do both and I would be even happier!!!!!

i didn't hear it, but give Mona's some credit, i highly doubt he would say \"Who are these blokes anyhow?” the rest could be true and not far from the mark either imo.

do u agree if he did say it(which your right he may not have) he should be dealt with harshly.

i'll change that DVS (i'll take silvers word).

i think he should be stripped of the captaincy for that comment,the hide of that little prick questioning comments from manly greats.

get rid of this virus immediately.

shouldnt he agree it was unacceptable and a disgrace and say that it wont happen again or something along those lines.

Byso - he said what was reported:

"All these blokes coming out and bagging the club when we don't do well. You didn't hear from them when we were winning games."

Then something like:

If they were real supporters of the club they'd keep their opinions to themselves and support us in the tough times.

I can't directly recall the "who are these blokes" but the insinutation is pretty clear. Someone nees to tell Monaghan that this blokes captained the 1982 Invincibles.

Twit.

thanks mata,

i agree with Mona's first comment, and as Mata has pointed out it was unlikely that he said "who are these blokes".

So to be honest if he only said "All these blokes coming out and bagging the club when we don't do well. You didn't hear from them when we were winning games."

then that's fine imo, because he's 110% correct.

So Mat you think that Max shouldn't of displayed any dissapointment with another record loss?

that's not what i said at all, please point it out where i said he should of shut his mouth?

I was just agreeing with Mona's that when we were travelling well you didn't have Krillich come out and say "well done boys, you are bringing back some grit and passion to the manly jersey just like when i use to play".

I understand that he is a Manly great but in my opinion it still doesn't sit right only coming out in the media when something negative transpires.

Think about why Max said what he did. He is hoping that the boys will respond to the criticism and come out and turn it around.

Monas should have said - We were awful but we will be a much more determined team this weekend.

In five years time will anyone know who Monaghan was? Max is a club legend! Nuff said.

meh, still doesn't sit right.

if you're going to have a dig at a team the least you can do is praise them when they are doing well i.e. the 1st half of this year. Then if you do this you are entitled to have open slather to comment on bad performances.

If only Monaghan had a fraction of the toughness that max displayed then Manly would have won far more games that we have this year. Max is a ledgend whereas Monaghan is useless.

Has anybody heard Monaghan do anythign but whinge? I am getting sick and tired of his whining.

Its about time he came out with something positive for a change. Like we are going to beat the Warriors on Saturday night and I am going to be man of the match.

Either that or take Max's advice and not turn up on Saturday. Then we can put in Burns at half.

I have been one of the non-congas and supported Monas being at Manly. But since his contract negotiations he only opens his mouth to swap feet. His comments are all negative and as others have said and I once said he should shut the @#$% up. His comments keep showing he doesn't have the diplomacy or character to be the captain.

meh, still doesn't sit right.

if you're going to have a dig at a team the least you can do is praise them when they are doing well i.e. the 1st half of this year. Then if you do this you are entitled to have open slather to comment on bad performances.
We have no idea what other praise etc Max has made as it is up to the papers to print it. We had pretty of praise earlier in the season - much of it from supposed Rep players talking themselves up!!!

If Monas needs someone to give him a rap to play a good game he is in the wrong profession, should not be captain and is a sook. Max only said what average punter fans were saying on MSE, here and everywhere else!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4