Desperately seeking reasons to think Storm won't win the GF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As much as it pains me and as much as you hate the News Ltd Love child you gotta give it to Bellamy. Four grand finals in a row and I think (not that I care)they will go 2 from 4 next week.

There's no way in hell I could bring myself around to supporting the slime, not now, not ever.

The comp for me finished 3 weeks ago...

Melbourne's form reminds me of the form we carried through the finals last year. Which is bad news for Eels fans.

I hope I am wrong, I ****ing hate Melbourne and their supporters. Most of them dont even know what's happening during a game. Then when they win every **** in VIC is a Storm supporter, even though they would be lucky to be able to name 3 players.

GO PARRA

Can't believe how many people could consider supporting Melbourne !!!

I am flying into Sydney tomorrow, and will be hopping aboard the Hayne Train and hoping it doesn't derail during those 80mins on Sunday evening.

As much as I hate the Storm after the last few year I have hated Parra for as long I a remember - I will be reluctantly hoping the Storm win.

I just don't have the desire to support either team, I admire Hindmarsh but then I think back to a few season ago when there whacked out  supporters started throwing coins at Willo and Lyon and think **ck em.

Showers are predicted from Friday through to next Tuesday on the coast with a little less out west. My guess is that it will favour a Storm style of game just a bit more. I'm sticking with them to have a big win. It is rare that I get excited by a GF where we aren't involved but this should be a terrific battle. Moi Moi playing with a cracked rib won't help parra.

The storm will use last years 40-nil thrashing as motivation to win this year.

Parra have too many players who lack grand final experience to win this year.  Fui's ribs will get a good working over as will young Mortimer. 

The storm have a great kicking game and if they make Hayne run around chasing the ball in the first 40 minutes they will tire him out so that he will be ineffective in the second 40. 

Neither team to win - too much history with the pair of them.

I support Manly - End of!

Will watch it as I like to watch a good game so hopefully will be the case...

Best results will be Melbourne not winning by more than 40-0 or Melbourne losing so we can hang "chokers" to the already growing list of slurs about them.

Either way, I'm taking solace in enjoying the last few days of Manly being the premiers...40-0!!!!

Presentation night on the 9th October to close the season and farewell some of the boys but apart from that flights to NZ for the Auckland game at Easter next year were booked this week on Frequent Flyers so this season has finished and making plans for 2010....

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Can't believe how many people could consider supporting Melbourne !!!

I am flying into Sydney tomorrow, and will be hopping aboard the Hayne Train and hoping it doesn't derail during those 80mins on Sunday evening.

Kiwi, I usually agree with you but come on dude, no Manly fan can support Parra in any sense. We're talking about 60+ years of pure hatred as compared to a few years of rivalry.

Yeah the Storm have a few scumbags on the books & yes they're owned by news ltd but they weren't even around for the superleague war. Parra were & did more damage to us in staying than many clubs like the dogs & panfers did to us in defecting.

There's nothing sweeter than the tears in a Parra fans vacant eyes (except maybe those of a Queenslander around July) and I hope to see many this Sunday.

Parra are in the losers club with Cronulla, Souths and teams like that. It's where they belong. We are in the winners club with the Broncos, Storm & Dogs. That is the natural way. Go Melbourne!

Melbourne were born out of the SL war, they are a super league bastard creation fosited upon us as a condition of the war ending..

I want Melbourne to lose, boosting Craig Bellamys crap record in big games. 3 losses in 4 years would be nothing short of sensational.

Every season that another club goes without winning the comp adds value to our own premierships. On that basis, a Melb, Brisbane or Dogs win is not as hard to handle as a Parra or Dragons victory would be.

I want it to be 24 years and counting come Sunday night leaving the Eels in the losers category with Cronulla, Souths and the Chokers from Kogarah. It was a sad day when the Roosters broke their 37 year drought with that tainted win in 2002.

I don't say this lightly as I've built up a real hatred of the storm.

There have been some good reasons given to dislike/hate the Storm but really I can't think of them as much more than a curious marketing exercise, not really a club at all.

Yes they are a slightly sour whiff of the SuperLeague settlement (and an example of the stupidity of soulless franchises) but the bona fide villains of that time the Broncos and Bulldogs have thankfully already keeled over.

Parra on the other hand, at least when I was growing up, were the antithesis to Manly. The bogan Westie ying to our refined North Shore yang.

They are the 1947 siblings who really should be kept in their cupboard room under the stairs lest they frighten the neighbourhood pets. So I don't support Storm but am OK with them winning.

Plus if the Storm wins, well we were knocked out by the Premiers not the also-rans.

In addition it adds lustre to stopping, NAY THRASHING them last year, when they can reasonable claim to be the team of the decade.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2