Desperately seeking reasons to think Storm won't win the GF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Storm will win on Sunday as they are a more professional outfit than Parra. Parra's win against the doggies was more arse than class but they pulled it off. I can't see it working against the storm.
Up until about a week ago I've been pretty impressed with Parra's out of nowhere surge to the top. I'm over them now and  I think Hayne's head is rapidly increasing in size. Why don't people just tackle the bastard - he stands still and laughs at people.
I'm really anti News Limited teams so I can't stand Melbourne at all and I'm not feeling any love for the Eels.
I hate the 2009 Grand Final.
Bring on 2010. GO MANLY!

Nicci, I too can't see why Hayne is not stopped more often.  I can understand Slater being hard to stop because he slides, attacks the ball and runs at top speed.  Hayne not so.  He just seems to ease his way through the line.  Why not just hit the guy hard?  Anyway I hate both teams and won't be bothered who wins.  It aint Manly so I don't care.  Storm to win by a lot, but hopefully not by 40..

Eels surge reminds me of the Tigers in 1988.  They'll run out of puff in the big one and hopefully Hayne gets knocked out aka Elery Hanley, he's a big sook anyway.

with a bit of hope I wish that someone takes out Slater like they did to Brett, I would dearly love for the Purple Knobs to get beaten in this not that I really want the Eel scum as premiers but it is the lesser of 2 evils I guess, At least 1 of the Hated teams will lose

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
with a bit of hope I wish that someone takes out Slater like they did to Brett, I would dearly love for the Purple Knobs to get beaten in this not that I really want the Eel scum as premiers but it is the lesser of 2 evils I guess, At least 1 of the Hated teams will lose

No BE, for Manly fans it's the greater of two evils.

All other Sydney clubs should be going for Parra though.

No true Manly supporter could possibly support Parra, especially for a GF win.

Anyone who is.....give yourself a triple .

Fluffy link said:
crap duff, parra earnt thier hatred, the storm were just given it by the owners

And your point is?

It sounds to me like you're agreeing with me whilst starting an argument.

To hate the Storm more than Parra is giving them too much credit. It's saying that they can do in ten years what Parra have in 60.

One night in the doghouse is better than a year of listening to 20 odd parra supporter jibber

not overly fussed who wins - just hoping for a good match (hate both of them!)

I have given Byso an applaud. For us that live in or near Western Sydney a Parra win is the worst possible scenario imaginable. Bad enough for one week but to put up with it for one year could be hell!!!!

I like all the viewpoints expressed above. One consideration I haven't seen mentioned yet - a Parra win would mean they are smug arrogant & lazy next year, which would be handy as they will have a strong roster. On the other hand if they lose they might get very serious, steely  & focussed and be more of a threat.

Conversely, a Storm loss would be very deflating for them. They have surprised most by resurrecting themselves this year, but could they do it again after another shattering loss?

So an Eels win might help us more next year. It would surprise me though, everything points to Storm so far as I can see. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2