Desperately seeking reasons to think Storm won't win the GF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
hate them or hate them, the storm's effort to make 4 gfs in a row is something. They have had the kind of run home manly had last year; finding top form, all players on deck, beautiful hometown run through the playoffs.

if the eels get to keep hayne, can anyone convince me they can beat the storm?

I really hate the Storm with a passion these days - my most hated team.

What a dissapointment last night at Docklands.

Damn Storm into another GF.

For the love of all the heart, soul & history of rugby league, GO the PARRAMATTA EELS in the 2099 Grand Final!!

Those words are worthy of banning on here Byso

Would be nice if they lost and only went 1/4 over their run, and we could get into labeling them chokers.

Moi Moi is the key man, if he gets a few strong runs up it seems to lift the rest of the side

Go Parra for sure.  I do not not want to be sitting at Homebush watching that bunch of filthy qldrs get another ring.  Also Nathan Hindmarsh is in the same league as Menzies and deserves a premiership imo.  That is the main reason I want Parra to win, and the fact I hate the Storm with a passion. 

Out of the two teams remaining, heart wants a Parra win but mind says Storm will win it.

with a bit of hope I wish that someone takes out Slater like they did to Brett, I would dearly love for the Purple Knobs to get beaten in this not that I really want the Eel scum as premiers but it is the lesser of 2 evils I guess

I think the Eels have got a good shot at it. Plenty of offloads and Moi Moi and hopefully Hayne in the team and they'll be hard to beat. I'm loving watching the Eels play atm.

I just work with and know too many rabid Eels fans who think they are now something special as their team is in the Grand Final. I keep reminding them that 86 is a long time ago and would like to keep doing it.

I hate the Storm but at least their 3 supporters live in Melbourne and won't make my life hell for the next year so they can win it!!!

Agree with CW about liking to remind Eels fans it's been 20+ years. I know too many of them for wanting Parra to win it this year.

Plus, my hate for Melbourne has turned into a bit of respect for them instead. Will definitely be cheering on the Storm this Sunday.

I'm starting to move towards that position. At first I hoped Parra would win because Storm are hateable on so many levels, but it's true that their outstanding achievement somehow elevates our rivalry - and our own great victory last year. Especially if we get them next year. Otherwise, with the Eels winning it's just another 'salary-cap tosses up new premiers each year', especially when they were second last and just snuck into 8th spot.
Not that  I will be cheering at all. I liked watching the Dogs/Eels clash but the other semi was the worst viewing I've endured in ages.

So far the only concrete suggestion is that Moi Moi's leadership up the middle + eels attacking mindset will be good enough.

It's hard to see how this will play out: super structured storm machine vs eels off-load and let's go get em fluid attack. Will the eels bring their A game to the gf? They play a high risk type attack and if the passes start going astray or inglis/slater pinches an intercept to dent their confidence...... Here's where Storm experience is probably going to tell.

Don't care much for eels fans myself (remember being at some miserable gf and clubgame defeats in the 80s) even if there's not many round the traps where I am now, but it is good to see those talented eels backs playing to their potential for a change, and I'd rather that than another try fest from slater and inglis. And I also respect Hindmarsh's effort and attitude for so many years.

I'm really torn about who to support in this. Hate the Storm and all they stand for, News Ltd darlings, grapple/wrestling tactics, Sourpuss Bellamy, Slater the Grub, Forward Pass Smith, Powder Puff White, 3rd Person Self Referring GI.....there isn't much to like about them.

Parra ? well I just hate Parra because they are Parra. Never forgotten the 82 and 83 GF's. Plus I'm over hearing about Hayne and how he is this months "best player in the world".

Forced into a choice I suppose I'd rather see Parra win. At least their brand of footy is more exciting and they take some risks, not like the boring, ruck orientated, low risk stuff Melbourne churn out. As long as Slater gets taken out it'll be a good result. Preferably he gets trampled by a rampaging Moi Moi, or gets kicked in the head by a feet first sliding Jarryd Hayne whilst scoring a try in the corner...that'd be Karma.

Rabid Eels supporters are just too much for me. A Storm win would sweeten our rivalry.

I'm going to take the -14.5 @ $3.85. I think Storm are specials.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6