DES WHO?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A win over the Eels would be huge and truly herald the arrival of a new era. Consistency is the key.
jeez...I hope Schuster plays, I can see us causing them all kinds of grief and carnage when attacking there line. Just imagine having Schuster and Tommy setting up our plays together, the thoughts going through my head on this, can't wait.

jeez...I hope Schuster plays, I can see us causing them all kinds of grief and carnage when attacking there line. Just imagine having Schuster and Tommy setting up our plays together, the thoughts going through my head on this, can't wait.
Schu is IN Eagle 1 - and he is looking slicker than 2022 and stronger than 2021 - everyone along with myself feel Tom is the X factor with Oka and Beast X factor, but once Schu finds himself, will be a Superstar and that Extra X factor we crave and fingers crossed 2023 is his year !!
What I am Super excited about also, DCE showed last week he is 1 heck of a footy player, just loses the plot when its "All on him"....with these blokes firing and the entire team playing their part, DCE can relax and play footy with more time and less stress in his game....

Schu is IN Eagle 1 - and he is looking slicker than 2022 and stronger than 2021 - everyone along with myself feel Tom is the X factor with Oka and Beast X factor, but once Schu finds himself, will be a Superstar and that Extra X factor we crave and fingers crossed 2023 is his year !!
What I am Super excited about also, DCE showed last week he is 1 heck of a footy player, just loses the plot when its "All on him"....with these blokes firing and the entire team playing their part, DCE can relax and play footy with more time and less stress in his game....
So true on DCE, he just has to ride the wave created for him. DCE will never be that organizing type of half, he plays what's in front of him, and with his deadly pinpoint kicking game he's heading for a great season ahead.

Des who? Damn right.

The performance of Schuster last night proved that Des and his favourites have no part in rugby league.
Signing Foran for two years literally put us back by two years.

Looking forward to Schuster getting better and better in 2023.
Oh geez. That’s a fair enough opinion but it’s not really in line with the events at the time imo, and is bordering on rewriting schusters last two years.

Schuster played similar in 2021, but it was clear he wasnt ready for the responsibility

In 2022 he fell away and worked really hard this off season (showing some maturity) to get himself prepped for a big year. Foran was a big part of 21’s success, and he is a big part of Schuster having a breakout 2021 season. He’s also a big part of schuster having to earn that jersey, and for a while it was appearing Schuster wasn’t ready to knuckle down and earn it

In terms of manly last night, we looked no different to manly over the last few years. Except the attack had more options (largely due to development of the squad) and the edge defence was worse than it was in 21’. Ill put it down to the heat but I think people overestimate the influence of coaches. We have a great squad but the playing group is unchanged and their bad habits will only resolve themselves with a) a fit squad and b) time

We have a) at the moment, so thats a good thing and any coach could benefit from that

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of our attacking shapes were much better last night.
Yeah I agree with that. Schu earned the backs plenty of time yesterday. Tuilagi also offers another big body, so now both our edges should be more effective at drawing opposition defences infield (fantastic news for trbo). I think points should be no issue.

In terms of available talent the backline (and depth in general) is better this year as well.

Hopefully that was a one off defencive performance because that’s the one area that truly needs to change this year. What I was going for in that last post was that I suspect it’s a problem only the players can fix (and may take some luck + time)

Rabbits game will be super interesting, I hope the players make defence a focus and prove something to themselves 👍🏼

I actually felt dirty after that win last night. You know.... like how you felt as a young man on the piss and picking up a stunner only to see once the beer goggles wore off that is was just meh.(this goes for the ladies as well before any offence is taken)
I watched our shape and yes there were moments but there were a lot of piss poor moments as well. I just can't get excited by a game where we win and both side score 30 points.

My understanding was Des left in 2011 because the club wouldn’t confirm his next contract?

So I don’t view what happened then as solely Des’ fault. His attempt to take our players with him was wrong though.

Wasn’t a certain youth pathways officer who was marched late last year the source of leaks to the media, so I don’t see why that sin is being attributed to Des?

Obviously he’s a club legend & it seemed there was a personality clash/battle of egos between him & Scott Penn & there was only ever going to be one winner there.

It was a shame the way things went down last year but I hope Seibold et al is the regime change needed to get us going again - so far, so good!

Re: the club releasing more media & engaging more with the fan base - I think that’s down to Mestrov, & Penn realising he neglected the club for a few years on that matter. The revolving door policy of CEO’s didn’t help that issue either.
Oh dear, they need fans that lack critical thinking skills or ability to read between the lines so they can propagate misinformation. Have you stopped to think it was part of a strategy to blame others whilst curating stories to feed to their friends in the media? Consider for a moment that the flurry of negative media was aptly timed and designed to place blame and justify decisions whilst appearing to be the problem solver and saviour. All by design

Oh dear, they need fans that lack critical thinking skills or ability to read between the lines so they can propagate misinformation. Have you stopped to think it was part of a strategy to blame others whilst curating stories to feed to their friends in the media? Consider for a moment that the flurry of negative media was aptly timed and designed to place blame and justify decisions whilst appearing to be the problem solver and saviour. All by design
I appreciate your time & response & respect that there were many factors at play that the fans/general public were not aware of.

I apologise for suggesting that you were indeed the source of leaks - I was repeating something I had read on here & should know better, as I’m not a fan of idle gossip & repeating it is often destructive & lends credibility to what is essentially rubbish.

I hope all is well with you since you departed the club.

Media leaks have stopped.
Let that sink i
I appreciate your time & response & respect that there were many factors at play that the fans/general public were not aware of.

I apologise for suggesting that you were indeed the source of leaks - I was repeating something I had read on here & should know better, as I’m not a fan of idle gossip & repeating it is often destructive & lends credibility to what is essentially rubbish.

I hope all is well with you since you departed the club.
I appreciate that. I'm direct and honest which are character traits considered to be both a strength and a weakness (especially in an ego filled NRL world where integrity and truth aren't prioritised). If I do something I will proudly own up to it but for media leaks, I can never be accused of that. My focus was on delivering a high quality pathways program and a pipeline of young talent of which we are now seeing the fruits of in first grade. Take it easy

I appreciate that. I'm direct and honest which are character traits considered to be both a strength and a weakness (especially in an ego filled NRL world where integrity and truth aren't prioritised). If I do something I will proudly own up to it but for media leaks, I can never be accused of that. My focus was on delivering a high quality pathways program and a pipeline of young talent of which we are now seeing the fruits of in first grade. Take it easy
I was not meaning that you were the leak.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4