Des vindicated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The year is a write off. Hoppa needs the experience in a Manly Jersey. He'll learn from today. He's a lot more ready than the other plodders in our team.

Yep, can't believe some people here think they know more than Des when they don't even see them train or have any real inside knowledge of the happenings at the club. Even if they did, they wouldn't have a better idea of when a player is ready than Des.

He's talented, i've seen him play but he's coming off 2 major injuries and the lack of 2nd grade action makes it very hard to step up at this time of year. He will be better for the run though.

I was waiting for somebody to say we should ship him back to the Warriors, but really, I'm just glad he made it through the game without picking up an injury. No real chances with the ball (same for Suli - no one ever passes it to him) and his defensive reads were wonky (the team defence is shot to ****, really), but he's a big unit and will get better with time and experience. Would also help to play in a team that isn't always on the back foot.

Agree, he tried hard
But Des was right to hold him back to 2021. I’m sure he got forced into this selection
For the illiterate, I’m not bagging the kid at all, he didn’t select himself.
Now he is in, he can do no worse than some of the other NRL pretenders in this team
He was forced into picking him due to injuries,lack of talent and the fact that there was nobody else to pick from that was in any better position

i do hope that fans stop knocking the players for lack of heart and not deserving wearing the manly jumper. it is clear that we took a risk with our salary cap strategy. The best approach is to spread the cap to sub $1 million players rather then putting the money to a few elite players. The players have tried their very best. we just dont have the talent in the side. simple but the truth.

The kid gets one game with no match fitness in an unfamiliar position and you have the audacity to judge his skills on that.

Should have been in the team 9 weeks ago at fullback, the two players in Elliot and Garrick were caught out.

But COVID shut down the NSW Cup. And the know it all couch coaches have been screaming for his inclusion... sack Des etc.

Hoppa did seem to have a good leg drive but never got the chance to wind up. He probable did okay for a kid on his FG debut. It seemed a bit underwhelming for me because of all the Silvertails hype about him. I thought he was perhaps going to be Tom and Jake plus JAC rolled into one.
I'm sure when the whole team performs better young Hoppa can perform better too and show us his promise.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8