Des out coached by Fitzgibbon tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I take nothing out of that second half either. The Sharks put their cue's in the wrack, simple as that. We were summarily flogged yet again by another top 4 team.

Des was STUPID enough to select Harper over Koula this week, and for this alone, someone has to question his abilities as a coach. Everybody was already saying what a little powerhouse Talakai was before the game. Do people remember how Olam destroyed Harper. How Kikau destroyed Harper. Now he's been obliterated by Talakai.

It's not smart coaching, It's dumb.

Statistically, the Sharks edges score almost more points than any other team. What does Des suggest? A compressed defense, which allows them more time, and gives them more room / space.

That's not smart coaching. It's dumb.

One thing about The Sharks, is they are huge in the middle size wise. What's Des response? Pull our utility off the bench in Lawton, who's been one of the rare bits of spark for us from dummy half, with his diminutive size and agility, and puts him in the backrow ! What - The - **** !

Even IF Harper has the photo's of Des shagging that goat, if he didn't want to replace him, swap him over with Parker who was being slightly better defensively. At LEAST do that. But re-active, slow mo Des once again, did nothing until the game was ****ing lost.

It's been two years since Des coached a team that could beat another top 4 team in this league. He needs a coaching director. He's out of touch, slow in his application, doesn't get his players up and ready for important games.

People can defend him all they like. Those same people better start get used to being almost rans (at best) - because Des is mediocre.

Will not win a comp with the 2 centres we play week in week out, Harper should of been hooked in the first 15......don't worry about who we buy next, we need 2 centres, quality centres.Centres who can run and tackle

We beat Parra twice last year when they were in the top 4. In 2020, we beat Parra and Roosters who finished in the top 4. In 2019 we beat Melbourne and the Raiders who finished in the top 4.

1. Storm
2. Panthers
3. Rabbits
4. Sea Eagles
5. Roosters

and we are week 7

People assume Storm, Panthers and probably Sharks will be there.

That's 18 months without a win over teams that haven't finished or are projected to finish in the top 4.

Going by your rule, Bulldogs were in the top 4 in the first few rounds this year, and we beat them, too, so we must have beaten a top 4 team.

We beat Parra twice last year when they were in the top 4. In 2020, we beat Parra and Roosters who finished in the top 4. In 2019 we beat Melbourne and the Raiders who finished in the top 4.
Well if you want to hang your hat on those wins against f*cking parra (who lost to the Tigers the other night)... I admire you as you are optimistic...

I don’t think he necessarily got out-coached, just finally exposed for his continued poor team selection. Everyone knows starting Harper was a terrible decision and that was proven in the first 2 minutes but his forward rotations and use of the bench is horrendous. Dropping Paseka to the bench when we were already down Aloiai, Marty and Keppie to start a second rower in Davey up front (made 6 runs for the whole game) made no sense. Bullemor (who I thought was quite good tonight) came on after about an hour only due to injuries and the rest of our bench was 2 centres in Walker and Koula. No surprise that we get beat up in the middle when this is happening.

Des outcoached him 22 - 0 in the 2nd half
I do agree however, Harper HAD TO BE HOOKED after that 2nd try tonight, namely as he was not interested in contesting Talaki more so than the poor positioning and soft defensive contact
I give Manly and Des credit 2nd half and with a couple of correct decisions, could have snatched an unlikely win
Gutsy last 40 minutes, I hope the first half gets buried next to the Titanic

Will not win a comp with the 2 centres we play week in week out, Harper should of been hooked in the first 15......don't worry about who we buy next, we need 2 centres, quality centres.Centres who can run and tackle
Parker and Harper both have been given a significant amount of games to show what they are made of, if only Des would give Tippytoes a the same amount of games at left centre and Koula on the right edge we could find out how good they are.

Des outcoached him 22 - 0 in the 2nd half
I do agree however, Harper HAD TO BE HOOKED after that 2nd try tonight, namely as he was not interested in contesting Talaki more so than the poor positioning and soft defensive contact
I give Manly and Des credit 2nd half and with a couple of correct decisions, could have snatched an unlikely win
Gutsy last 40 minutes, I hope the first half gets buried next to the Titanic

@maxta come on mate. The Sharks put their cue's in the wrack, you know that, right? The difference between their first half energy and second half was oranges and farking south east asian Carambola !

Yes if you lose, chances are the opposition coach has ’outcoached’ your coach.

Insightful stuff Riceburner.

Not necessarily. However if one continues to make the same mistakes and not change things up, you generally will be out coached.

Bellamy has changed his coaching style several times over the past 4 years.

Are you happy with Des's coaching? I guess you are.

Not necessarily. However if one continues to make the same mistakes and not change things up, you generally will be out coached.

Bellamy has changed his coaching style several times over the past 4 years.

Are you happy with Des's coaching? I guess you are.

The strength of Bellamy, is his systems and game management adapts week-by-week depending on the opposition, and conditions. Des on the other hand has his 2008 standard, nothing changes (it's decent against the pretenders), but come up against any form of quality, we just get flogged.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8