Des out coached by Fitzgibbon tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
The fact he pulled Harper at half time shows he ‘some’ flexibility. I prefer the ‘let them play themselves into form’ theory generally. The ‘chop and change every week’ theory has a Messiah and thy name is Barrett. Feel free to follow him if you want.

If Des plays Harper over Koula next week, then I’ll agree and start questioning his sanity.

As for our front row rotation, I’ll admit I was surprised (and disagree) with the changes to start the game. However with 3 of our 4 first choice rotation out and losing the 4th through the game. You can only do so much. At least Bullemor showed potential tonight and will hopefully step up.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
@maxta come on mate. The Sharks put their cue's in the wrack, you know that, right? The difference between their first half energy and second half was oranges and farking south east asian Carambola !
A little yeh, but I have no doubt if they got off to a sharp 2nd half would have won 68 - 0 which came about a fair bit from Manly's defensive effort the final 40
Manly didn't suddenly start scoring tries, it came from shutting down Sharks and you can bet your bottom dollar if the early shifts 2nd half Koula didn't get up in good defensive shape and actually shut Talaki down - he would have been the same monster as the 1st half
Far as I'm concerned the 1st half was a horror show and they schooled us, the 2nd half a gutsy effort and Manly finished well on top the final 40 and deserve credit for that

XV-1

First Grader
The fact he pulled Harper at half time shows he ‘some’ flexibility. I prefer the ‘let them play themselves into form’ theory generally. The ‘chop and change every week’ theory has a Messiah and thy name is Barrett. Feel free to follow him if you want.

If Des plays Harper over Koula next week, then I’ll agree and start questioning his sanity.

As for our front row rotation, I’ll admit I was surprised (and disagree) with the changes to start the game. However with 3 of our 4 first choice rotation out and losing the 4th through the game. You can only do so much. At least Bullemor showed potential tonight and will hopefully step up.

There is a rumour that Harper wouldn't get out of the toilet and go back on. 😀

Des had his hand forced 🤣🤣

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In every respect.

Not changing the compacted defence when Cronulla were all over them.

Not dragging Harper off after 15 minutes, especially when he had Koula on the bench.

We need fundamental changes in D and A if we have any hope of beating a top 4 side.
Like clockwork....

The xxxxx outcoached DES thread....

Do you have a ' I Hate DCE' thread in the bag as well?

FMD

Premium Member
Tipping Member
We are continually getting shown up, not just beaten but dissected, by the top coaches...
XV-1 may not like Des but that does not mean he does not have a point (or several)...
There is no way after 7 rounds Fitzy can be classed as a top coach. He's done a great job so far with good recruitment but he's a long way from being a top coach.
The team just didn't show up in that first half. We dominated the second.

Ryan

Journey Man
There is no way after 7 rounds Fitzy can be classed as a top coach. He's done a great job so far with good recruitment but he's a long way from being a top coach.
The team just didn't show up in that first half. We dominated the second.

His track record prior to The Sharks was exemplary. He has fantastic pedigree, and knows the modern changing game.

I'm not as high on that second half as some, Sharks knew they had it won, and took the foot off the pedal.

Premium Member
Tipping Member
I like Des and think he is one of the best coaches, .... but

Seriously, we can't discuss Des and the perceived obvious weaknesses and where he can improve our Manly team?

Or are you happy with where Manly is at ?
We are a work in progress. Not even close to our best but look who's on the sidelines.

1.2 million in Tom
800k in Marty
500k+ in the shoe
Josh A who's been our best
DW carried an injury into the game
Ruben Injury into the game
Paseka now out

Considering the squad we are going OK.

Yes 1st half tonight was terrible and not acceptable but we will be fine come September.

I think player selection was Des' undoing tonight. The fact that he rectified it by taking out Harper 2nd half is commendable. All 6 tries from the Sharks went through Harper's edge. That's how much of an impact one player can have. As soon as he was taken off totally different outcome.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13