Des or Penn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The owners of South are, Russell Crowe , multi multi millionaire ,James Packer, multi billionaire and Mike Cannon-Brookes, multi gazillionaire
And this, I think, contributes to our problems with Penn. Nobody, and I mean nobody, would know who Scott Penn is if he wasn't, through the largesse of Mummy and Daddy, playacting as the owner of the Manly Sea Eagles. Pretty sure Penn Health was never a household name either.

Owning our club has given Penn a profile he otherwise wouldn't have. Pretty sure he likes the idea of having his face in the paper or occasionally on TV and is not in a hurry to give that up. But flying away from the club's current problems helps nobody, and if he wants to be seen as a Big-Boy, All-Grown-Up Businessman he should probably start acting like one.

The owners of South are, Russell Crowe , multi multi millionaire ,James Packer, multi billionaire and Mike Cannon-Brookes, multi gazillionaire
And still they can’t get around the cap like Uncle Nick.

So we have to assume the following

Penn has returned to the US to be with his leggy blond wife ( can’t say I blame him for that ).

The MWSE really don’t mean that much to Mr Fluffy , just a play thing really ( opinion not rumour ).

Mr Fluffy is a tight arse and won’t pay Des out ( fact , or maybe an opinion).

So Des , apparently , will stay to collect his $800k or until the figure is low enough for Mr Fluffy to pay him out ( the rumour ).

Monaghan / Randall our assistant coaches are going to the Bulldogs ( InstaTwitFace rumour ).

Hales will move to assistant coach and is the heir apparent ( rumour ).

We are running with a team of 21 next year as we’ve overspent our cap and can’t afford the last 9 players. We will however have special dispensations each round to bring up players from our feeder clubs , the Walgett Warriors and the Toomelah Tigers to make up the numbers ( rumour ).

The opening market for the 2023 competition sees as $1000 to 1 to make the top 8 , $10,000 to 1 to make the GF, and $1,00000.0 to 1 to win ( opinion but close ).

BUT, apparently with the club largely taking a 2 week break we should hear from the CEO #nextweek to confirm all of the above.

Don’t know about you but I can’t wait !!

So we have to assume the following

Penn has returned to the US to be with his leggy blond wife ( can’t say I blame him for that ).

The MWSE really don’t mean that much to Mr Fluffy , just a play thing really ( opinion not rumour ).

Mr Fluffy is a tight arse and won’t pay Des out ( fact , or maybe an opinion).

So Des , apparently , will stay to collect his $800k or until the figure is low enough for Mr Fluffy to pay him out ( the rumour ).

Monaghan / Randall our assistant coaches are going to the Bulldogs ( InstaTwitFace rumour ).

Hales will move to assistant coach and is the heir apparent ( rumour ).

We are running with a team of 21 next year as we’ve overspent our cap and can’t afford the last 9 players. We will however have special dispensations each round to bring up players from our feeder clubs , the Walgett Warriors and the Toomelah Tigers to make up the numbers ( rumour ).

The opening market for the 2023 competition sees as $1000 to 1 to make the top 8 , $10,000 to 1 to make the GF, and $1,00000.0 to 1 to win ( opinion but close ).

BUT, apparently with the club largely taking a 2 week break we should hear from the CEO #nextweek to confirm all of the above.

Don’t know about you but I can’t wait !!
Wow Mark, when you put it like that, surely we're $1000 to 1 to make the 16!

Kenty and Anasta both just said on 360 that there are whispers that Penn is looking at selling. Hope it's true.
Be careful what you wish for though.Would a new ownership guarantee they’d keep Manly where they are or their identity?Im no Penn fan and hope a new ownership would turn the club into a powerhouse,on and off the field,but sometimes it’s better the devil you know

Be careful what you wish for though.Would a new ownership guarantee they’d keep Manly where they are or their identity?Im no Penn fan and hope a new ownership would turn the club into a powerhouse,on and off the field,but sometimes it’s better the devil you know
They cannot move the team without the agreement of the Football Club.

That has been highlighted numerous times
before.

Last edited:
Surely if he is considering selling he would sign des up for another year or two to sell the club with a succession plan.

They cannot move the team without the agreement of the Football Club.

That has been highlighted numerous times
before.
Sorry,i haven’t read every single post on this site yet,I’m still on page 789 of the Kieran Forum,but I’ll endeavour to get to the section that states no relocation is possible without the agreement of the football club.
You don’t think there are ways around such an agreement and that the football club is powerless to the NRL and current boss PVL,who would have to approve of the new owners?

Sorry,i haven’t read every single post on this site yet,I’m still on page 789 of the Kieran Forum,but I’ll endeavour to get to the section that states no relocation is possible without the agreement of the football club.
You don’t think there are ways around such an agreement and that the football club is powerless to the NRL and current boss PVL,who would have to approve of the new owners?
The District Football Club remains a minority owner of Sea Eagles but they own the critical 'preference share' which carries power to determine the colours and where the team plays.
It's worth it for all Manly fans to join the FC.

1. An entity with a LOT of money (not a group that is bound by a very tight budget);
2. An entity who is present and active ( but not overbearing)
3. An entity where money is no objective when it comes to placing people into the right roles

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2