Des or Penn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Music to my ears when I heard that on 360.
Fingers crossed someone like URM stump up the cash, people who love the club and have the finances to turn us back into a powerhouse.

Music to my ears when I heard that on 360.
Fingers crossed someone like URM stump up the cash, people who love the club and have the finances to turn us back into a powerhouse.
I would like URM or the Shaw Group to be part of a consortium however according to some news reports last week it is a group from the USA being facilitated by David Perry.

Dave Perry was a good bloke and a good ceo. He got done over by the jabba the hut.
Yes, one of our best CEOs since Frank Stanton’s departure.

Perry was too smart for Zorb, who saw his financial gravytrain, under the guise of the media manager’s role* taken away from him.

Hopefully Dave has the last laugh.

*A Saturday Manly Daily column, then the occasional knifing of someone in the back via a media proxy. Job done!

Last edited:
Penn, without better owners we will be very limited in who we can attract as a future coach. Hasler is the best coach Manly can attract at the moment.

The only issue with overseas interests is that we lose some of the Manly DNA.. But that has been raped and pillaged over the last few years anyway, so not much to lose, plenty to gain.

Last edited:
Why would 'overseas interests' want to own an NRL team? I don't quite get it.
Also would the NRL demand to vet any prospective owner before approving them? If so that could be a lengthy process - and unlikely to be kept secret for long.

Also would the NRL demand to vet any prospective owner before approving them? If so that could be a lengthy process - and unlikely to be kept secret for long.

Americans own Arsenal and Chelsea mate. BUT, they do seem a lot more plugged in than Penn

excited hugh jackman GIF by ScreenJunkies

Waiting for the first NRL case of sports washing as well
So you wouldn't like the LIV Manly Seaeagles mate :p

Side note I'm back in Bangkok and massive electronic billboards for the Bangkok LIV in early Oct.
I'm abit torn by it all I think organastions like the PGA need a shake up but I struggle with the idea of the Saudi money behind LIV with their human rights track record.

If you are the coach you're not a scapegoat, it's your plan and your structures that the players take to the field with, if Hasler is collecting the big bucks to coach then that's where the responsibility lies, sure the players are a rabble but they're only a rabble because they're I'll equipped to do what's necessary on the field. Personally I'll let the rainbow squad look elsewhere but the reality is that we were hardly premiership contenders before the rainbow boys turned it up
Yea Des can piss off. He has become nothing but a sook and a mumbler. We don’t need a politician we need a coach that does not fight reality. He backs up too many stupid players that have never been Manly to begin with. Karma is a bitch and optimism is going to give way to the ever lurking pessimistic outlook regardless. It’s clearly not working with Des anymore. As far as penn goes, well he is the man with the money we all know that money does the talking as we all know des can only mumble. Optimism has no place here at the moment only reality. Des just does not want to be told and as long as this persists then so will our slow destruction. Great post Ron cheers mate

Yea Des can piss off. He has become nothing but a sook and a mumbler. We don’t need a politician we need a coach that does not fight reality. He backs up too many stupid players that have never been Manly to begin with. Karma is a bitch and optimism is going to give way to the ever lurking pessimistic outlook regardless. It’s clearly not working with Des anymore. As far as penn goes, well he is the man with the money we all know that money does the talking as we all know des can only mumble. Optimism has no place here at the moment only reality. Des just does not want to be told and as long as this persists then so will our slow destruction. Great post Ron cheers mate
I agree. I don’t believe Des can change and without change we are in for more of the same next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8