Des or Penn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting that people continue to push for Penn’s exit.Who is willing to buy him out and take on a non profitable business and still keep them based in Manly.Penn doesn’t run the team

We know he had two offers that he rejected I'm sure people would be interested lets not paint Penn as a saint.

He is running the club on the smell of an oily rag he should make his mind up get out of new york and run the club properly or sell it to people interested in it.

Crowe isn't some billionaire yet souths seem to go alight Politis doesn't even own the roosters yet he has turned that joint around.

Remember in the 80's and 90's they were the transit lounge club now they are a powerhouse.

Clubs are going forward and we are going backwards.

Maybe nobody wants the club (doubt it) but we won't know until he puts it up for sale.

The end of last year would have been the right moment for Penn to sell. A stellar season behind them with a big new stand and CoE to look forward to. Certainly last year was a ‘as good as it gets’ moment.

Looks like we will be stuck with him now for some years to come. Vaguely depressing stuff.

We know he had two offers that he rejected I'm sure people would be interested lets not paint Penn as a saint.

He is running the club on the smell of an oily rag he should make his mind up get out of new york and run the club properly or sell it to people interested in it.

Crowe isn't some billionaire yet souths seem to go alight Politis doesn't even own the roosters yet he has turned that joint around.

Remember in the 80's and 90's they were the transit lounge club now they are a powerhouse.

Maybe nobody wants the club (doubt it) but we won't know until he puts it up for sale.
Yep. URM were interested and there was another offer that I can't remember the details.

The end of last year would have been the right moment for Penn to go. A stellar season behind them with a big new stand and CoE to look forward to.

Looks like we will be stuck with him now for some years to come. Vaguely depressing stuff.

Penn is more interested in the kudos, example being wanting his name on the COE, than he is in furthering the footy club

If you are the coach you're not a scapegoat, it's your plan and your structures that the players take to the field with, if Hasler is collecting the big bucks to coach then that's where the responsibility lies, sure the players are a rabble but they're only a rabble because they're I'll equipped to do what's necessary on the field. Personally I'll let the rainbow squad look elsewhere but the reality is that we were hardly premiership contenders before the rainbow boys turned it up
We were building just fine and were playing better than we were without Trbo in the first few games.

Great performance for 73 mins vs Cowboys that came apart very much due to cracks in on-field leadership and individual-resilience. That is out of Des' control. Next week we smashed Melbourne for 75. Then a glimmer of fear entered the player's minds and they caved in like no other side in the comp. We nearly lost the unloseable that night, and players left half-embarrassed and half-laughing it off. After a poor start to the season (and tough in terms of opposition) we gradually stabilised. Cowboys, Storm was our peak, although exposed our underlying issues dramatically. This season was perfectly OK until the wet dragons game. After that the 7 said a big '**** you' to everyone, and we will go on to lose our 7th (ironically) in a row with zero fight. Usually they at least tried, but now they are divided - not because Des.

From here I agree it's Des' responsibility to take control of the situation but up until this point it's just an easy solution to blame him. It's up to Des now to assess the squad, shut-down player-power and boost morale. It's up to Penn to keep an eye on staff and to keep a check on Des. The problem so far with the squad is that they have been 'mentally weak' for years, but have at the same time been capable of playing attractive footy. I'd rather we install some experience, even if they aren't out-and-out stars, and weed out the ones that don't care (some already outed themselves a few weeks ago :wondering:)

Unfortunately our juniors are a little limited so it will have to be a fair balance of recruitment and retention.

Not sure it gets better regardlesd while we have so many $$$ tied up in dce, Teflon tom, Jake, josh sch, JA, and any money even canteen money is a waste on that 3rd Burbo brother,

Need half's
Need at least 1 quality center
Need frontrowers
Need a hooker
Need depth
Need heart
Need direction
Need a fb that can stay on the field
Need to keep talented juniours

We'd look alot better with Hastings , Cuthbo, Lane, and Marcia's son from the sharks than we do now.

Not sure it gets better regardlesd while we have so many $$$ tied up in dce, Teflon tom, Jake, josh sch, JA, and any money even canteen money is a waste on that 3rd Burbo brother,

Need half's
Need at least 1 quality center
Need frontrowers
Need a hooker
Need depth
Need heart
Need direction
Need a fb that can stay on the field
Need to keep talented juniours

We'd look alot better with Hastings , Cuthbo, Lane, and Marcia's son from the sharks than we do now.
Can you do anything for us?

Penn is not a billionaire & Russel Crowe is reported to have a net worth much greater than Penn

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7