Des Hasler!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate, you'd think we were running dead last with a full strength squad the way they want Des' head on a platter.

Unfortunately this has been a long issue with Manly fans, as soon as we have a few weeks of less than stellar performances, they throw their toys out of the cot and want everyone hung, drawn and quartered.
I dont want Des sacked (altho I like to stir Strone33 up) because I personally think our issues lie with our squad BUT when Des insists on tinkering around the edges and not holding players accountable for some absolutely woeful performances than I refuse to buy into the whole 'it's all OK because the prodigal son has returned BS'...
We have problems that didnt end the day TB packed up the plastic chairs and left Brookie...

I dont want Des sacked (altho I like to stir Strone33 up) because I personally think our issues lie with our squad BUT when Des insists on tinkering around the edges and not holding players accountable for some absolutely woeful performances than I refuse to buy into the whole 'it's all OK because the prodigal son has returned BS'...
We have problems that didnt end the day TB packed up the plastic chairs and left Brookie...

Fair point. I just feel that people are over-reacting considering we're only 2 points outside of the 8.

If things are different come Round 20 and we're even further away from the 8, then yes maybe discussions need to be had.

Fair point. I just feel that people are over-reacting considering we're only 2 points outside of the 8.

If things are different come Round 20 and we're even further away from the 8, then yes maybe discussions need to be had.
I know Des can turn this around but I want to see accountability always... make em play for their spot, it ain't like we dont have some decent kids...
I think the fact that we ARE only 1 win off the 8 is stopping Des from making the hard calls atm...

we played some nice attacking footy under barrett. they could ave gone defensive coach to help out as a solution instead of binning him. i didnt like barrett but you wait and see hell do ok with the dogs. i watch almost every nrl game every week and we look slow and clueless compared to the better teams
Yes quite exciting times ahead for the Dogs.
As for Manly, maybe we should try Dean Pay? Or Mary, he'll probably be available soon.
Those guys aren't scared to drop the odd player. I think Mary has sacked Matt Dufty then brought him back so many times he's now had more comebacks then John Farnham.

As for Manly, maybe we should try Dean Pay? Or Mary, he'll probably be available soon.
Those guys aren't scared to drop the odd player. I think Mary has sacked Matt Dufty then brought him back so many times he's now had more comebacks then John Farnham.
And look how Dufty is playing now... there is no better inspiration than the threat of losing your easy ride...

We are angry about the continued selection of proven failures and the non-selection of prospective champions.
It's not how good a coach he is, it's about how poor a selector he is.
Yes yes but then again, I've been hearing how bad Des is at selecting the right players since about 2007.
Which was when I first discovered online fan forums! Not Willow again? Not Bryant, nooo! Not King, not Lyon to 5/8, etc. Des cannot coach a team to attack. Help us!
Bottom line is Des will do what he does, it is not without thought, and it is with a very respectable record of being proved correct.
Is he infallible? Of course not, only I am even close to infallible. And Woodsie.

We are not out of form if it’s how we have been playing all year. Thats just how we have trained or been instructed to play. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such uninspired football, from whay

everything from the selections, structure, tactics needs a shake up.

The status quo won’t get us anywhere near finals

Yes yes but then again, I've been hearing how bad Des is at selecting the right players since about 2007.
Which was when I first discovered online fan forums! Not Willow again? Not Bryant, nooo! Not King, not Lyon to 5/8, etc. Des cannot coach a team to attack. Help us!
Bottom line is Des will do what he does, it is not without thought, and it is with a very respectable record of being proved correct.
Is he infallible? Of course not, only I am even close to infallible. And Woodsie.
Remember Delmege stepping in when they wanted Monas gone?
Wonder what the conversation was like when he came back into the club.

mate youve convinced me im gonna stick my head in the sand and start believing in the tooth fairy again. in des i trust. bring on the croker.,

We have not seen our last performance yet this year . Plenty of games to go
A win against the Knights this week and i can see Des being a Hero in your book

Attachments

• clutching_at_straws.jpg
    clutching_at_straws.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2
i am refuting his loyalty. never forget the dog act in 2011. he came back to manly because no one else wanted him. thats the pukking truth no matter what bullship people want to sprout. we needed him so it worked. now it doesnt. time for someone young fresh innovative.
No pukking

Thank you for your response
2020 is a lost cause ? We are one win from top 8 and it will be this weekend

We have gone into our shell ? Form slumps do happen and watch us break out our shell this weekend . Our boys have proven us wrong many times before

Des is a champion not because we all think he is a champion but because he has the runs on the board both as player and as coach and the thing about Champions is that they dont stay down for too long .

Let us all not forget that Des is in a rebuilding stage and the best is yet to come

I dont dispute what you are saying Bozo and I made it quite clear I may be wrong and there may be factors we are not seeing. But I reiterate Des is not infallible and he makes mistakes like any one. Even champions falter. Undying faith was something I lost in my 20s. I can admire people, but I also accept their humanity, which means they are fallible. Putting them on a pedestal in fact betrays that respect, because they will never live up to the expectations such adulation will heap upon them. Expect too much of them and you will always in the end be disappointed. Appreciate them for what they achieve, not for what you expect them to achieve.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6