Des Hasler!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Baz lol...the super assistant who has won zero premierships as a player or coach.

That's him ... the bloke that's being paid about $500,000 thousand a year to coach footy teams ... good money ... with your stellar knowledge, you should apply for a coaching gig ....

That's him ... the bloke that's being paid about $500,000 thousand a year to coach footy teams ... good money ... with your stellar knowledge, you should apply for a coaching gig ....
$500k a year hey? Wow that’s some fact! More than certain head coaches are getting. Not bad for a bloke who’s best result as a coach is a week one final exit.

Your enduring lovefest toward the St George/Illawarra goon is borderline creepy... makes you come across like a dirty old man.

chicken dinner mate the loyalty on this site shown to des makes me wonder what the pedigree of some on here is me life long fan cracking up to 40 years of support soon des shafted us never talk about where his heart is its somewhere out west covered in dog shi* we owe him nothing whatever his past glories were now he is coaching shi* and cant seem to see what is obvious to everyone else id be happy to bin him tomorrow

chicken dinner mate. the loyalty on this site shown to des makes me wonder what the pedigree of some on here is. me life long fan cracking up to 40 years of support soon.
des shafted us.
never talk about where his heart is its somewhere out west covered in dog shi*.
we owe him nothing.
whatever his past glories were now he is coaching shi* and cant seem to see what is obvious to everyone else.
id be happy to bin him tomorrow

I don't think anyone is refuting Des's loyalty, ability or commitment to the club and he certainly wants to be a winner. He has a great reputation and deserves respect for that. He's got a very tough job holding a side together without three of the four primary attacking weapons, a situation Manly has been plagued with (sorry about the term) since 2015.

However, I've become increasingly pragmatic about things as I've grown older and the idea of unquestioned loyalty and belief is alien to me. I have to see the ongoing action to justify those positions of loyalty and faith, both of which like respect are earned not bestowed. Yesterdays successes do not deny the right to question todays failings even if designed, temporary or just bad luck

Des is not God. Like all of us he has faults. I can respect him for what he has achieved and for how he handles himself, the loyalty to his players, the strategies he uses etc. But that does not mean he cant be wrong on occasions. In this case it may be merely we are not seeing the full picture and there are factors that explain his actions. But then again he could just be wrong, uncomfortable as that sounds. Of course in this instance I could be wrong. But that does not deny, surely, my right to question, and not merely have faith that he is somehow infallible.

i am refuting his loyalty. never forget the dog act in 2011. he came back to manly because no one else wanted him. thats the pukking truth no matter what bullship people want to sprout. we needed him so it worked. now it doesnt. time for someone young fresh innovative.

Haha yes but, you may not have noticed this but Bellamy and Robinson can choose from some of the best wingers in the competition, so it's not comparing apples with apples.

As for Jorge, we know his limitations. Nevertheless he is the only experienced back we have right now.
Has been a good servant, but like Thommo, its probably just their experience and toughness keeping him there for now.
How do you know you have good players or players that have it when you wont play them but instead play Taufua
Hopoate Anderson Schuster Funa can they be any worse than Taufua really

chicken dinner mate. the loyalty on this site shown to des makes me wonder what the pedigree of some on here is. me life long fan cracking up to 40 years of support soon.
des shafted us.
never talk about where his heart is its somewhere out west covered in dog shi*.
we owe him nothing.
whatever his past glories were now he is coaching shi* and cant seem to see what is obvious to everyone else.
id be happy to bin him tomorrow

So if you're happy to bin him tomorrow, who do you bring in as coach?

As far as I can see, there doesn't seem to be a suitable coach out there that isn't under contract that could do a better job.

So if you're happy to bin him tomorrow, who do you bring in as coach?

As far as I can see, there doesn't seem to be a suitable coach out there that isn't under contract that could do a better job.

think outside the box. take a risk. get anyone. define better job. im all manly but i hate watching us play right now. we play conservative boring sh** and lose. we might as well try something different and lose. des dont want to do that.

think outside the box. take a risk. get anyone. define better job. im all manly but i hate watching us play right now. we play conservative boring sh** and lose. we might as well try something different and lose. des dont want to do that.

The risk you speak of like the one we took with Barrett that ended with us nearly getting our first wooden spoon even with a full strength squad for most of the season?

The risk you speak of like the one we took with Barrett that ended with us nearly getting our first wooden spoon even with a full strength squad for most of the season?

we played some nice attacking footy under barrett. they could ave gone defensive coach to help out as a solution instead of binning him. i didnt like barrett but you wait and see hell do ok with the dogs. i watch almost every nrl game every week and we look slow and clueless compared to the better teams

What a joke Des (and his manager) has his lap dog ritchie place a puff piece in the paper saying the warriors and cowboys have approached Des and we better hurry up and get him an extension.

**** me as always it's all about Des looking for an extension. Des go to the cowboys but we all know your manager is lying the cowboys wouldn't want you.I would link it but it's behind paywall.

we played some nice attacking footy under barrett. they could ave gone defensive coach to help out as a solution instead of binning him. i didnt like barrett but you wait and see hell do ok with the dogs. i watch almost every nrl game every week and we look slow and clueless compared to the better teams
We had the same problem under TB as we still have... we get behind in games and then show little resolve to fight it out and concentrate on field position and completions - plus our attack looks uncompetitive without TT injecting 100kg into the line at speed and creating opportunities for others (or barging over from 15m out)... as I said after the raiders game - 1 swallow dont make a summer...
Only difference this year from 2018 is that teams like Warriors, Broncos, Eels and Knights all made us look half decent by playing absolutely sh*te 2nd halves of football...
Cronulla and St George both George Floyd'd the f*ck out of us...
Unfortunately just because we WANT it to be the dawn of a new era doesnt make it so...

I'd love to believe your rhetoric Bozo. I truly would. And you may well be right and maybe his aim is to wipe this season and concentrate on 2021, because 2020 seems a lost cause (hope I'm proven wrong though).

But if someone acted like this on the street, an average person so to speak, I'd say he would have gone into his shell, scared to make a mistake, anxious about the reputation he has developed and trying to play it safe until, in Des' case, he gets his star players back, hoping they will save the day, or in average man terms, protecting what you've got and not taking risks that may enhance your reputation, but may also send it down the toilet.

I sense Des is getting himself into an impasse. We all think he's a champion because he led a champion set of players to premierships. He doesn't have that luxury now, not yet at least, and he knows it and his reputation and pay packet are at risk. And don't kid yourself that loyalty comes into this. Its about his career

Now there's nothing abnormal about that. Famous people go through that self doubt far more frequently than the average person because they have so much more to live up to. That's why so many self destruct. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think Des has lost his 2004-11 confidence. He wont get it back playing conservative. He needs to take reasonable risks and get that confidence back and act proactively, as he did in 2004-11. Hopefully he does. Champions are just as human as ordinary people with the same emotions and frailties.
Thank you for your response
2020 is a lost cause ? We are one win from top 8 and it will be this weekend

We have gone into our shell ? Form slumps do happen and watch us break out our shell this weekend . Our boys have proven us wrong many times before

Des is a champion not because we all think he is a champion but because he has the runs on the board both as player and as coach and the thing about Champions is that they dont stay down for too long .

Let us all not forget that Des is in a rebuilding stage and the best is yet to come

In my book your only as good as your last performance
We have not seen our last performance yet this year . Plenty of games to go
A win against the Knights this week and i can see Des being a Hero in your book

Thank you for your response
2020 is a lost cause ? We are one win from top 8 and it will be this weekend

We have gone into our shell ? Form slumps do happen and watch us break out our shell this weekend . Our boys have proven us wrong many times before

Des is a champion not because we all think he is a champion but because he has the runs on the board both as player and as coach and the thing about Champions is that they dont stay down for too long .

Let us all not forget that Des is in a rebuilding and the best is yet to come

Mate, you'd think we were running dead last with a full strength squad the way they want Des' head on a platter.

Unfortunately this has been a long issue with Manly fans, as soon as we have a few weeks of less than stellar performances, they throw their toys out of the cot and want everyone hung, drawn and quartered.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4