Des Hasler!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nah mate... I’m a massive Dessie fan. Four premierships and a decade of dominance. It will take more than just one injury riddled season where we are sitting on the fringe of the top eight for me to start calling for his head.

Not many people win four first grade premierships as a player/coach. Some who make a good living from the game have never won any.

Obviously you are counting two premierships as coach and two as a player.

Obviously you are counting two premierships as coach and two as a player.

Yep. Five time Grand finalist as a coach.

I’m very confident that he’ll turn it around. I also believe there is a sound reason why he is choosing the side he is. It’s pretty hard for a team (except for Storm/Roosters and their stacked squads) to beat the opposition when three of their best four attacking players miss most of the season. Walker/Fainu/Turbo.

Yep. Five time Grand finalist as a coach.

I’m very confident that he’ll turn it around. I also believe there is a sound reason why he is choosing the side he is. It’s pretty hard for a team (except for Storm/Roosters and their stacked squads) to beat the opposition when three of their best four attacking players miss most of the season. Walker/Fainu/Turbo.

Yep ... some people are unjust and unfair .... but at least Dessie has you to make excuses for him ... I mean .... other teams have had no injuries ....

would bellamy or robinson continue week in week out picking taufua i think not
Haha yes but, you may not have noticed this but Bellamy and Robinson can choose from some of the best wingers in the competition, so it's not comparing apples with apples.

As for Jorge, we know his limitations. Nevertheless he is the only experienced back we have right now.
Has been a good servant, but like Thommo, its probably just their experience and toughness keeping him there for now.

Yep ... some people are unjust and unfair .... but at least Dessie has you to make excuses for him ... I mean .... other teams have had no injuries ....
Some teams have had far more than us, but I don't know of any that lost 3/4 of their first choice spine for so much of the year. We are missing in the most critical areas, and it's hurt us!

A a 0
No excuses needed... his track record speaks for itself. 5 Grand finals as a coach, 2 premierships, 15 final series, on the cusp of the eight this season despite being robbed blind in two games and missing our best attacking players.

Other teams have had injuries... but you can’t include the Roosters and Storm as a comparison. They are operating on a much larger cap... Bunnies and Eels are likely in the same bracket.

We’ll see where we end up by the end of the season. But I know one thing for sure... the first time we will see a Hasler coached side come second last is between now and never.

A a 0

No excuses needed... his track record speaks for itself. 5 Grand finals as a coach, 2 premierships, 15 final series, on the cusp of the eight this season despite being robbed blind in two games and missing our best attacking players.
You say DESpicable has Manly at heart so riddle me this: why did he choose to abandon them for fools gold at the Dogs?
Is he, perhaps, in it just for the money? His team selections are so poor that I'm starting to think the Penns haven't paid his salary for a couple of months.
Why doesn't he see the on field performances -- really, the only ones that count -- that fans like me (60 years and counting) who actually pay to support the club see?

Some teams have had far more than us, but I don't know of any that lost 3/4 of their first choice spine for so much of the year. We are missing in the most critical areas, and it's hurt us!

Agree 100% ... almost like losing Snake, Matai, Lyon and young Tom .. or Api with a busted foot and Walker with a broken cheek ....

A a 0

Other teams have had injuries... but you can’t include the Roosters and Storm as a comparison. They are operating on a much larger cap... Bunnies and Eels are likely in the same bracket.

We’ll see where we end up by the end of the season. But I know one thing for sure... the first time we will see a Hasler coached side come second last is between now and never.

Yep ... he managed to beat Baz by one win in '18 to come 3rd last .... you could hear the champagne corks popping and the cheers coming from Belmore ....

Anyway ... we know that the injuries are not Dessie's fault ... they are Donny Singes .....

You say DESpicable has Manly at heart so riddle me this: why did he choose to abandon them for fools gold at the Dogs?
Is he, perhaps, in it just for the money? His team selections are so poor that I'm starting to think the Penns haven't paid his salary for a couple of months.
Why doesn't he see the on field performances -- really, the only ones that count -- that fans like me (60 years and counting) who actually pay to support the club see?

chicken dinner mate the loyalty on this site shown to des makes me wonder what the pedigree of some on here is me life long fan cracking up to 40 years of support soon des shafted us never talk about where his heart is its somewhere out west covered in dog shi* we owe him nothing whatever his past glories were now he is coaching shi* and cant seem to see what is obvious to everyone else id be happy to bin him tomorrow

chicken dinner mate the loyalty on this site shown to des makes me wonder what the pedigree of some on here is me life long fan cracking up to 40 years of support soon des shafted us never talk about where his heart is its somewhere out west covered in dog shi* we owe him nothing whatever his past glories were now he is coaching shi* and cant seem to see what is obvious to everyone else id be happy to bin him tomorrow

@JackDaytona, any chance of punctuation mate?
Seriously, it's important if you want us to read your posts and actually understand them without having to read them at least twice.

I don't think anyone is refuting Des's loyalty, ability or commitment to the club and he certainly wants to be a winner. He has a great reputation and deserves respect for that. He's got a very tough job holding a side together without three of the four primary attacking weapons, a situation Manly has been plagued with (sorry about the term) since 2015.

However, I've become increasingly pragmatic about things as I've grown older and the idea of unquestioned loyalty and belief is alien to me. I have to see the ongoing action to justify those positions of loyalty and faith, both of which like respect are earned not bestowed. Yesterdays successes do not deny the right to question todays failings even if designed, temporary or just bad luck

Des is not God. Like all of us he has faults. I can respect him for what he has achieved and for how he handles himself, the loyalty to his players, the strategies he uses etc. But that does not mean he cant be wrong on occasions. In this case it may be merely we are not seeing the full picture and there are factors that explain his actions. But then again he could just be wrong, uncomfortable as that sounds. Of course in this instance I could be wrong. But that does not deny, surely, my right to question, and not merely have faith that he is somehow infallible.

Yep ... he managed to beat Baz by one win in '18 to come 3rd last .... you could hear the champagne corks popping and the cheers coming from Belmore ....

Anyway ... we know that the injuries are not Dessie's fault ... they are Donny Singes .....
Baz lol...the super assistant who has won zero premierships as a player or coach.

Agree 100% ... almost like losing Snake, Matai, Lyon and young Tom .. or Api with a busted foot and Walker with a broken cheek ....
So your point is 3 spine players missing is much the same as 1? or 2?
My point is no, it's worse!

Not sure what you are trying to say here, Hasler wasn't coaching NRL in 2018

So your point is 3 spine players missing is much the same as 1? or 2?
My point is no, it's worse!

I think you will find that someone has missed their nap today.@:D

Ooops ... Senior moment ... or maybe it was just the roster and salary cap position he left them in that confused me ... or maybe I'm just having too much fun ...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6