Des Hasler and the Bulldogs prepare to make $2 million bid for Kieran Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is time for Greenberg and the Bulldogs to be pursued legally for enticing people to breach their contract, starting with Hasler and then following the knock-on effect.

Matabele said:
It is time for Greenberg and the Bulldogs to be pursued legally for enticing people to breach their contract, starting with Hasler and then following the knock-on effect.

I find this hard to say but i agree with you matabele.

These guys are in the sewer and its time for us to get in the gutter to stop them.

No more Mr Nice guys can we afford to be.
Lets go after them.

Hasler may have the dollars but there's no disguising the fact that his behaviour is cheap.

I'd laugh if they bought in a policy whereby Coaches and support staff had to live in the district of the team they represented.

Manly will struggle to match the clubs located in areas where chronic gambling is a problem (for the gambler that is).

Hasler can show KF the sports centre built with one button pressed rapidly over and over, and talk big money all he likes. It's what it is.

Yawn over it.

Why have I not seen or heard one single article of speculation over Copper Cronk, the biggest off contract player on the market, who hasn't re-signed with Storm. Surely his management has been talking to other clubs yet nothing written anywhere. News Ltd agenda to pull us down so they can go and **** themselves with these bull**** articles.

castle eagle said:
Manly Daly said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
I thought he was managed by Paul Sutton !

Anyway I am surprised the offer is as low as $500k a season. It was speculated that they had offered him $1.8M for 3 seasons.

It makes you wonder what amount Manly offered him to reject it.

I believe he is a better player than DCE and would have thought if we offered DCE $5M per season we would have offered Kieran this amount.
so that's 10 mil for two players ???

i think he's missing the(decimal) point:D

sorry got my Ks & Ms mixed up. I had too many bundys.

For once I agree with Matabele, we should hit the dog where it hurts. Take him and Greenturd to the cleaners.

lovefooty said:
Matabele said:

I find this hard to say but i agree with you matabele.

These guys are in the sewer and its time for us to get in the gutter to stop them.

No more Mr Nice guys can we afford to be.
Lets go after them.

This. I'm sick of this smug bastard Greenturd and the medias love affair with the crooked prick. Time for him to be exposed come on board stop being so dysfunction (sarcasm) and take this prick to the cleaners.

If Foran met Hasler last week then why is this article published 1 week later in forming us that Foran/Hasler did meet? I'm certain the Bulldogs do want Foran but question the timing of this article!

Damien2812 said:
If Foran met Hasler last week then why is this article published 1 week later in forming us that Foran/Hasler did meet? I'm certain the Bulldogs do want Foran but question the timing of this article!

Maybe because Zorba's been away but he's back now?

Thinking about it, do we really need to break the bank for Foran? DCE will develop more and history has shown you only need one dominant half to be successful. Ricardi has big wraps on him and could become a great player at under half the cost.

The article uses words like "hasler offered him a tour". Not a lot of definite words or evidence that this ever happened. Typical Sunday paper article.

As far as I know the two halves are mates and want to play together so this should work in our favour and I do hope we keep Foran.
In saying that the amount of money being offered to individuals is ridiculous.
It's a team sport. I'm not having a shot at Foran here but IMO it's a bit wankerish for a player to think that he deserves a huge chunk of the cap while the players surrounding him are bleeding for their team for a much lower percentage.
The halves are extremely important but we need talent across the whole park which is what we've had for the past 5 years and need to maintain.

As for Des Hasler he seems to be operating within a whole new category of f-wit.
For F's sake if he wanted to coach Manly then why didn't he stay here.

niccipops said:

Because the board sacked him

As has been said I am sure that the Bulldogs would not be the only club interested in Foran and are only mentioned because of the get out clause.

Des would be crazy not to try and sign him but it does not mean that Foran will go.

Ceagle said:
Thinking about it, do we really need to break the bank for Foran? DCE will develop more and history has shown you only need one dominant half to be successful. Ricardi has big wraps on him and could become a great player at under half the cost.

Then we will be crucified in the media for discovering another young talent and only paying him a small amount *rolls eyes* can't win vs the media scum.

Utility Player said:
niccipops said:

Because the board sacked him

As has been said I am sure that the Bulldogs would not be the only club interested in Foran and are only mentioned because of the get out clause.

Des would be crazy not to try and sign him but it does not mean that Foran will go.
The board sacked him for 2012. He was going for 2013 and planning to take as many players and staff as possible.
I do not blame Des for everything that has happened and remain grateful for his part in the successes at Manly.
As a loyalty person I do not understand his recent actions but understand that there's big dollars, egos and boardroom personality clashes involved.
Des said that he had no more to achieve at Manly and wanted a new challenge.
If that's the case then work you magic with the doggies Des. Unfortunately they're doing fine so far.
Taking existing staff and players and putting them in new colours to win a premiership isn't achieving anything new it's a re-representation of what's already been done.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6