Des has spoken ....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Well he spoke to the Daily Tele, who likely add their own spin like the rest of the BS media....
Anyways just a few things I got from the article (which as a dinosaur of technology - cant put up here)

• Hinted that Ben Turbo is definately in the plans as an option 2021.
  • Mentioned Keiran Foran being Very Versatile....is this a hint of dummy half as really the ONLY other posi he could play?
  • Was very limited when questioned on Josh aloiai.....only stating "All is Good"
  • Considers Saab a great athlete who could possibly play Fullback, but primarily here to play wing.
  • On injury basically feels its part of the game, with all measures taken to help minimise the risk on Tom and others.

Des Hasler’s Sea Eagles missed the finals in 2020 – and it stung.

In a season like no other, it was extra disappointing for the club as they battled through injury and form slumps to limp into 13th with just seven wins on the board.

Hasler offered his time for our Coaching Clipboard series to speak about Tom Trbojevic’s injury, what Jason Saab will bring to the club, and bristled at questions about a new recruit.

Watch every single game of the NFL Post-Season including Super Bowl LV LIVE with ESPN on Kayo. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

The COVID impacted season was a tough one for the Sea Eagles and coach Des Hasler. Picture: AAP

The COVID impacted season was a tough one for the Sea Eagles and coach Des Hasler. Picture: AAP
Dean Ritchie: How is Tommy Turbo’s hamstring injury progressing?

Des Hasler: We have covered the country – far and wide – (for medical assistance) which was difficult during COVID. He has worked really hard with (club doctor) Nathan Gibbs and the HP (High Performance) unit. We’re confident where he’s at and how he is progressing. You’re never going to solve soft tissue injuries but we need to manage it everywhere, and that’s managing it more so from a players’ point of view and a HP point of view. The education has been vast on that.

The stats are emphatic, Des. When he doesn’t play, Manly struggles.

Last year we had a back-up player, Brendon Elliot, but then we lost the back-up player to injury. It’s something you have to constantly manage. We have made sure we have covered depth in a lot of areas. We will be without Tom for at least three games through Origin. You’d think he would be a walk-up start. We need contingency plans, which we have.

Will Turbo start next season?

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet.svg

Stream the world's best shows on BINGE Get Binge Basic now for just $10 a month

He will.

Kieran Foran is back in Sea Eagles colours. Picture: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

Kieran Foran is back in Sea Eagles colours. Picture: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
How has new recruit Kieran Foran settled back in?

He has settled in well and is really comfortable at the club. He is happy with the surroundings but this is a different Kieran Foran. That’s all I’m going to say.

Des, what does that mean?

I’m not going to elaborate anymore.

Can you at least tell you where you might play Foran?

No, I’m going into that, Dean. All I will say is that he’s a versatile player who can cover a number of positions but let’s not go into that.

Who would be favourite to start at five-eighth – Foran or Dylan Walker?

I haven’t decided. And you’ve left out Josh Schuster. He is an outstanding talent. He will grow and grow. And he has some mentors here in Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans. He will lean on them.

What will new buy Jason Saab bring to the club?

Jason Saab has joined the club from the Dragons. Picture: Brett Hemmings/Getty Images

Jason Saab has joined the club from the Dragons. Picture: Brett Hemmings/Getty Images
He is very promising athletically and a promising winger, which is an area where we probably needed to build some depth. He is a player that I think can play a number of positions, not just wing, which is his main focus, but further down the track, I wouldn’t be surprised if he spans his horizons and playing fullback isn’t beyond him. But primarily we have bought him to play wing.

In the forwards, you’ve lost Joel Thompson and Addin Fonua-Blake. They’ll be difficult to replace.

Both players have so many positive characteristics along with Joel’s experience. We have recruited Andrew Davey (from Parramatta), plus the current experience of Curtis Sironen and Jack Gosiewski. We then have young players like Haumole Olakau’atu and Ben Trbojevic. We’ve got a good coverage of experience and youth.

Do you expect Ben Trbojevic to debut this coming year?

He is in the top 30. Anyone in the top 30 can play NRL.

Rookie forwards Taniela Paseka and Sean Keppie continue to mature and improve.

Paseka and Keppie really grew during last season. They really stepped up because of all of our injuries.

Josh Aloiai has made the move from the Tigers. Picture: Grant Trouville

Josh Aloiai has made the move from the Tigers. Picture: Grant Trouville
You endured an horrendous injury toll last season and that, in part, was a reason why you missed the finals.

Missing the finals, it doesn’t sit easy. We were in the hunt until around Rounds 17 or 18 but we just didn’t consolidate. We let games go. It’s quite easy to blame injuries and by the end of the season we had 13 NRL players on the sidelines. But you’ve got to be able to cover such areas. Other sides had injuries and made the finals. The difference was the injuries were either season-ending or long-term, like Turbo and Dylan Walker, who were out for 15, 16 weeks. Moses Suli had a season-ending injury but we should be able to facilitate that.

You’ve also nabbed Josh Aloiai from Wests Tigers.

While we’ve lost Thompson and Fonua-Blake, we have been able to pick up Aloiai. I’m not going to elaborate.

What will Aloiai bring?

That’s been overdone. All good? Done.

Standard stuff this time of year..
I think the starting side will be as follows.

Turbo
Saab
suli
walker
garrick (GK)
Foran
dce
Josh aloia
The 9th!
Marty
Olakau'atu
Jetski
Jurbo

Bench: cust davey keppie Paseka

Not sure what Des will do with Schuster. Love him to be in the team but where.... jake to prop and Schuster to lock would be interesting. In Des we trust

I agree, hiding stuff in early January. We definitely didn't go under the radar last season. Nice for fans to know some positive stuff he is seeing. Wish he would do that. Even guys like Guac and Weekes, get fans excited. Talk abit about Christian the new winger and how he is settling in, what he can bring.

Not sure if you seen the movie "Dick Tracey", but there's a character by the name of "Mumbles"...I think Des could well play the part
I have but i dont remember it well.. just some guy with a tommy guy a fedora and yellow coat. Cant even recall the actor. Sounds like he'd nail the role though. I cant stand hasler interviews like this. When he's open and honest its much better. You can tell by all the ahhs and umms he's trying to hide the truth. Sad really, fans aren't fools we know things before the club even announces it. Ie Foran ie Saab ie aloai to name a few. No one is under this non exist radar anymore

Standard stuff this time of year..
I think the starting side will be as follows.

Turbo
Saab
suli
walker
garrick (GK)
Foran
dce
Josh aloia
The 9th!
Marty
Olakau'atu
Jetski
Jurbo

Bench: cust davey keppie Paseka

Not sure what Des will do with Schuster. Love him to be in the team but where.... jake to prop and Schuster to lock would be interesting. In Des we trust
Sirro the hero?

Probably what I got from that is;

1/ Ben T is considered a forward not a centre
2/ Des didn’t want any talk around the hooker role - hence didn’t wish to discuss Foran. He may have others plans in that area outside of what we know already

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4