Des has spoken ....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Standard stuff this time of year..
I think the starting side will be as follows.

Turbo
Saab
suli
walker
garrick (GK)
Foran
dce
Josh aloia
The 9th!
Marty
Olakau'atu
Jetski
Jurbo

Bench: cust davey keppie Paseka

Not sure what Des will do with Schuster. Love him to be in the team but where.... jake to prop and Schuster to lock would be interesting. In Des we trust
You forgot Sir Loin!

Probably what I got from that is;

1/ Ben T is considered a forward not a centre
2/ Des didn’t want any talk around the hooker role - hence didn’t wish to discuss Foran. He may have others plans in that area outside of what we know already
I don't know about anyone else but I missed the traditional quotes:
We've never trained harder
we've never been fitter
All the new recruits have fitted seamlessly into the culture
We're not looking any further than the first round...

There. That's all we need to know.

Sounds weird the way it was reported but I suspect Des was at pains not to upset the focus of our squad in the middle of a tough pre-season.
New buys Foran and Aloiai are likely to be taking starting spots from existing squad members. However I'm sure he's addressed the whole squad with the message that everyone is in the running and busting a gut at training will count at selection time.
If he prattled on about how much the new guys will add it might undercut that message a bit.

(Or alternatively he's just a weirdo!)

Des wants the team/players to be kept away from media - rightly or wrongly that’s his modus operating model (under the radar).

He believes The more said just fuels speculation and media interest etc
You are spot on there .
This year we are not talking to the drama queen media
This year we are going to do all the talking on the playing field
Talk is just hot air ---Action is the Hydrogen Bomb and I have a feeling that the Mad professor is going to set it off this season

atom_bomb810.jpg

shows you what incompetents these RL "journailsts " are why would n't he put Shuschter in the question re 5/8 but include Walker ?
Just idiots ,no wonder Des struggles to stomach them

I believe that was a very good question. The reporter would have left out Schuster's name on purpose to create some potential controversy.
Des answered it perfectly by saying don't forget about our upcoming superstar and no decision made.

I agree, hiding stuff in early January. We definitely didn't go under the radar last season. Nice for fans to know some positive stuff he is seeing. Wish he would do that. Even guys like Guac and Weekes, get fans excited. Talk abit about Christian the new winger and how he is settling in, what he can bring.
Us fans have read previous articles on players like our new winger Christian on what these players can bring .
Us fans have been informed about the progress of our players and just about all of them are set to start our exciting season
Us fans should also understand that the more mystery that surrounds our pre season build up . The more of a psychological edge we have on our opposition
Think out side the square feathered friend

@The Wheel Would u be thinking in or out of current listed top 30 players?
Sounds like Saab could be our backup fullback. Anyone see the latest photo of Saab? He is a machine im still nacki8him to be a superstar, not just a good 1st grader.
Also sounds like Burbo is looked as a backrower now.
Love it siege mentality back. Schuster going to feature heavily different foz suggests possible 9.

Possibly Foran spends some time at dummy-half........ It wont be exclusively as a "traditional" nine though. I see the dummy-half role rotating through a few players (Foz included), during the course of the game. In my view the rule changes in the game for 2020, will lead to different players being utilised as dummy half, dependent on field position, momentum shifts in the game, and general player rotation throughout the match.

I don't mind Des playing his cards close to his chest noting that I expect he has the squad competing for positions. But Des needs to rethink his interview approach and technique he is starting to sound like Bennett. He should have answered the question about Aloli instead of being a cranky sod. Common Des lighten up son!

I think the squad looks far more balanced this year. I'm worried about hooker and the second row, though. It would be magic if Burbo ends up being able to nail down a position before year's end.

Excited to hear young Burbo maybe in the mix in 2021. Will need to do a lot of work on his defense and toughness to play NRL in the forwards.

Are we sure this is Saab. I am sure I saw a trainign photo within the last 2 weeks where his legs were significantly skinnier. Not sure you can bulk up that much in 2 weeks. Is this possibly the other winger Tuipoluto??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4