Des, Donny , whomever , please take note!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
110%

I don’t think it’s the cattle , I think it’s all those other things mentioned which 100% comes down to the football department.

That’s where the heart of our issues lie.
I’m going the climate symplistic route. And "muggy" is their secret……..

Townsville experiences extreme seasonal variation in the perceived humidity.

The muggier period of the year lasts for 8.0 months, from 22 September to 21 May, during which time the comfort level is muggy, oppressive, or miserable at least 31% of the time. The month with the most muggy days in Townsville is January, with 30.1 days that are muggy or worse.

The month with the fewest muggy days in Townsville is July, with 2.7 days that are muggy or worse.

The muggier period of the year lasts for 8.0 months, from 22 September to 21 May, during which time the comfort level is muggy, oppressive, or miserable at least 31% of the time. The month with the most muggy days in Townsville is January, with 30.1 days that are muggy or worse.

The month with the fewest muggy days in Townsville is July, with 2.7 days that are muggy or worse.
That’s it then. We need a sauna installed at the CoE, for acclimatisation purposes. Or is there one already in place?

How about some decent Props please. Love the saying the game is won in the forwards and then by how much is determined by the backs. Tom cant do it all.

With up to 10 players involved in the world cup ... how will this affect their preseason training ?

Not EXACTLY the same - better (that's our goal). Better and more innovative. To be the best, you have to BEAT the best - not match them.

Jesus, I sound like Bozo ! hahaha
The Better Perspective

The fact is
All season we could not compete with the best let alone beat the best
Which clearly exposed weaknesses in our roster

There Are some players that have the heart to hold their own but lack the class to make it their own
And this fact was clearly evident when Tommy was not playing or Tommy was shut down against the top teams .

The moral of the story ....
Let go of the failures of the the past
So you can embrace the wins of the future

Fitness was not our reason of our past failure
But lack of Finess in our roster was

Rebuilding is the essential road towards the state of excellence
And Des needs to let go of the players that he persists with and have clearly demonstrated that they can only take you so far and find ones that have the capacity to rise Manly to the top where we belong once again

The Wining Grand final field of dreams are made possible by the Great cattle on the field

Visual search query image

Another Example .
Lets look at the Tigers roster for example
The tigers do not have the cattle to win a grand final
Regardless how much they are flogged and fit they get

desperate for a JWH type buy who rips in and intimidates. We have a bunch of cats in the middle with the exception of Jake. Nathan Brown for the right price might be a stop gap . He’s on the nose at the eels , surely worth a sniff.

Oh , and DCE needs to look at the top performing teams. Their halves don’t crab across field, do 18 pivots, confuse the **** out of everyone else and stop all the forward momentum…

I also think that our blokes are too comfortable, they know there's little chance of them being dropped so there's no need for them to play like someone's breathing down their necks, clearly they're not getting their arses kicked after repeated failures either so imo the softly softly approach to coaching needs to be changed quickly, I seem to recall someone once said it's a results driven business, time to push these lazy bastards to achieve the results needed to lift us from this position of despair
Out of the criticisms of Des, this one for me, has most merit. Players feeling safe works two ways,they either payback the faith or continue dissapointing, sadly it's been the later for us for some players, need some harsh words and action when they are not performing week after week

Bloody hell that's a high crime rate, so the advice is stay away from September to May or risk getting mugged. Got it.

Oh Dam, misread that sorry...carry on.

Still, I hope the squeels get mugged tomorrow

It's more the toughness and resilience built in from this mindset
This is why a team seems to win many games last 5 minutes, not just fitness....in fact most teams are burning that last 10 mins, but 1 team always has more grit, resilience and desire which is the true key - mental toughness
I feel the Cows have that team of a "great mix" as in the old gun players are blended with quality signings and a youth group exploding onto the scene at the same time.
The most important ingredient is their pack with young enthusiastic pups alongside tough old heads and the important ingredient- mobility and ruck speed winning the most important part of the field....this has made broncos reject Dearden and old fox Townsend look like superstars and good on em.
They may have arrived s year early but who knows?
Eels can still beat them, if they can dominate offloads and 2nd phase plays and they are playing direct not sideways

Another Example .
Lets look at the Tigers roster for example
The tigers do not have the cattle to win a grand final
Regardless how much they are flogged and fit they get

But they also understand change needed to be made, and acted on it.

They weren't happy with Hooker. What do they do, acquire the Hooker from the Premiers and top team in the league in Api Koroisou.

They needed a dominant forward. What do they do, acquire possibly one of the best Eels (top 4 team) forwards (of late) in Isaiah Papali'i.

Thought Roberts wasn't cutting the mustard at centre. What do they do, acquire Naden (former Panther), but from The Bulldogs - then extend him.

They don't think the coach makes the grade. He's sacked and replaced, but also in a fashion where succession is paramount and taken care of.

They have now openly been linked to Tedesco (again), Munster, Mitchell & others so are clearly in the market, and ready to spend big.

That's a FAR cry from where we stand.

Didn’t seem to affect the Cowboys , I reckon it’s our training methods ( old school maybe ).
gee not sure whey you get that from... Des is supposedly a sports science based geek in his approach... he is all about innovation and cutting edge and data etc. I certainly don't see the boys just doing 400's. I will go out on a limb and suggest that the investigation into Keith Titmuss death might have big ramifications for not only us but the League if they find the players were in fact worked too hard!

gee not sure whey you get that from... Des is supposedly a sports science based geek in his approach... he is all about innovation and cutting edge and data etc. I certainly don't see the boys just doing 400's. I will go out on a limb and suggest that the investigation into Keith Titmuss death might have big ramifications for not only us but the League if they find the players were in fact worked too hard!

wtaf did I just read, honestly 🤦‍♂️

Sadly that was just a freak incident. No fault will be found. Tragically many carry conditions of which they are unaware. Life in many ways relies on luck. This was tragic bad luck.

Sadly that was just a freak incident. No fault will be found. Tragically many carry conditions of which they are unaware. Life in many ways relies on luck. This was tragic bad luck.
So true , had a great mate , sports nut ( played tennis , soccer), drank very little alcohol, he was as fit as anything , zero body fat , low cholesterol, heart of a teenager.

Dropped dead at his business at 50, clot on the brain. Zero symptoms , had literally just done his annual check up at the Dr’s .

One of his staff came into his office to ask him something and after a few minutes he apparently got a glazed look in his eyes and slumped head first on his desk.

All over in 3 minutes

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4