Des, Donny , whomever , please take note!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dylan Walker played very well for us but now he's gone lets hope Des goes back to 4 forwards on the bench. We need to start bashing the opposition again. Lawton can take over for Croker if he needs a spell but otherwise let's stop this dancing around crap and get back to running over the top of the pricks.

Look , I’ll admit that injury plays a large part in all of this BUT there are some clubs that seem to go through relatively unscathed, OR, seem to get their players back on the field faster.

Now , you do an ACL it’s 9 months so doesn’t matter which club you play for.

But apart from 2021 our club has been littered with injuries and long periods of time off the paddock SO is this just bad luck or is it **** rehab , or worse cheap **** rehab to save money ????

Look , I’ll admit that injury plays a large part in all of this BUT there are some clubs that seem to go through relatively unscathed, OR, seem to get their players back on the field faster.

Now , you do an ACL it’s 9 months so doesn’t matter which club you play for.

But apart from 2021 our club has been littered with injuries and long periods of time off the paddock SO is this just bad luck or is it ** rehab , or worse cheap ** rehab to save money ????
Well let's use an example... when turbo had hamstring issues the club sent him to Melbourne... when latrell had hamstring issues, south's sent him to the USA.

I think it's a fair assumption that we are a budget operator!

Well let's use an example... when turbo had hamstring issues the club sent him to Melbourne... when latrell had hamstring issues, south's sent him to the USA.

I think it's a fair assumption that we are a budget operator!
That was the second time, the first time, to be fair they did send him to SahSin down the road.😜

I get your point Mark, and yes I agree we didn't look fit enough through the year, surprising for a Des and Donny team as it is.

I still think Titmus death may have had alot more impact than people give it, even subconciously both Donny and players would have it their head the circumstances leading up it.
Fair to say train hard play hard, but when the guys were training hard before a young man's demise, it must impact on the approach for all involved.
Just my take

Donny missed a chunk of the preseason because he was unvaxed didn't he.

He's one of the best in the business for a long time you don't lose that.

I just hope des and Don flog them they need to physically fitter but more important they need to be more resilient mentally.

I get your point Mark, and yes I agree we didn't look fit enough through the year, surprising for a Des and Donny team as it is.

I still think Titmus death may have had alot more impact than people give it, even subconciously both Donny and players would have it their head the circumstances leading up it.
Fair to say train hard play hard, but when the guys were training hard before a young man's demise, it must impact on the approach for all involved.
Just my take
And now there’s going to be an inquest into the death of young Titmuss…..seems to be more to this than originally came out.

And now there’s going to be an inquest into the death of young Titmuss…..seems to be more to this than originally came out.

I think an inquest was inevitable .. as I believe the coroner has been unable to establish a "cause" of death .. with no clear physical reason, there are just too many questions unanswered ...

I don't think it is a witch hunt ... just the appropriate procedures being adopted ..

I think an inquest was inevitable .. as I believe the coroner has been unable to establish a "cause" of death .. with no clear physical reason, there are just too many questions unanswered ...

I don't think it is a witch hunt ... just the appropriate procedures being adopted ..
Yeah understand mate but why has it taken so long???? Why after all this time has passed?

Donny missed a chunk of the preseason because he was unvaxed didn't he.

He's one of the best in the business for a long time you don't lose that.

I just hope des and Don flog them they need to physically fitter but more important they need to be more resilient mentally.

You absolutely do “lose” that If you don’t change with the times and adapt your methods to the way the game is played. We looked sluggish all year, no leg drive, no intensity and no endurance. That’s all on singe.

He needs to go

And if we show a continued lack of desire/commitment/application

Then des needs to follow singe out the door

Last edited:
I hate how we never win in round 1 and are always slow starters. It drives me absolutely crazy.

I don't reckon Des can afford to be 2 from 6 or 7 in 2023, he will be punted by round 10 if that's the case.

We need to hit the ground running from round 1

Last edited:
Not many ticks there BUT remember the Cowboys were awful last year and the team ( Townsend aside ) was largely the same.

I really think our issues are more about training , squad selection , injury management than anything else.

Oh sure some of our cattle look bog average BUT under a better system maybe they could be like the players mentioned above.
I also think that our blokes are too comfortable, they know there's little chance of them being dropped so there's no need for them to play like someone's breathing down their necks, clearly they're not getting their arses kicked after repeated failures either so imo the softly softly approach to coaching needs to be changed quickly, I seem to recall someone once said it's a results driven business, time to push these lazy bastards to achieve the results needed to lift us from this position of despair

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6