Departing players announced.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They have no option with Brown and Myles as no other club is silly enough to take them...so they have to pay the players no matter what

That's the risk clubs run isn't it.

Myles' form should have not been a surprise really because his club form over the past 6-7 years has been average despite being able to keep his place in the Qld team. But I definitely expected better from Brown, a current NZ test player. He came from Penrith with a reputation of being a goer, but while he played all 24 games he has been mediocre at best.

The problem is that both are on 3 year contracts so both will be here for at least another 12 months.

Surely Brown will solely be used as a utility off the bench next year. He has been awful at centre this year constantly being exposed by opposition. I'm really not sure why Trent persisted with this obvious poor selection decision. Hope Lewis can add a bit of value as a bench utility next year.

No mention of Snake.

Nope he'll be back, just not sure if it's version 1, or version 1.01.

As will Skivvy.

When you are getting about $700k a year AND they have to pay you, you don't go anywhere.

I don't have an issue with Skiv, as long as he's fit enough to play and won't get injured the first game he plays , but sadly Brett seems to have an attitude issue , and I'll be happy if it's fixed but not at all surprised if it's version 1.01 again.

Nope he'll be back, just not sure if it's version 1, or version 1.01.

As will Skivvy.

When you are getting about $700k a year AND they have to pay you, you don't go anywhere.

I don't have an issue with Skiv, as long as he's fit enough to play and won't get injured the first game he plays , but sadly Brett seems to have an attitude issue , and I'll be happy if it's fixed but not at all surprised if it's version 1.01 again.
im confident BStewart won't be there next yr but they are hardly going to announce he won't be via a press release with no names and has beens.

Really rated Hugh Pratt as well as Nicho and Liam.

Anyway, I am actually pretty gutted at the moment. Can not believe how far we have fallen all because of the ego's and greed of a few.

Devastating on so many levels.

This goes to show what happens when head up the ass egos (HUTAE) get together in a collective and start making lists based upon their individual biases and subjective assessments. Generally HUTAE commence by labelling their collective something like “The Brains Trust” and then go obliviously into full destructive mode.

An anecdote to put this into perspective. I recall, still with some amazement, at my last position before I retired, that such a brains trust actually had the genius idea of making a list with 2 columns, 1) “Flight Risk” and 2) “Non Flight Risk”. Of course what side you ended up on did not necessarily correlate with reality, it was just a brains trusts members opinion on whether you were likely to hang around. Genius right? Great way to sort things and move forward isn’t it? Astonishing brilliant?

So what happened next? Well the people on the “Flight Risk” side of the ledger started to be treated like sh#@e, because they were going to leave anyway! Well, I guess one can see that making sense, though with questionable morality, it was a business after all! :swear:

And then what? Well, the people on the “Non Flight Risk” side of the ledger also started to be treated like sh#@e, because they weren’t going anywhere!!! :banghead:

Needless to say very few wished to be there, morale was crap and most left.

So I do fear this is exactly what has happened to our beloved Sea Eagles, a bunch of HUTAEs got into control a couple of years ago and started making lists……….the rest is history and it don't look like changing any time soon.....:eek:

Last edited:
Barrett has been quoted as saying snake is still in there plans for next year in what position is the question as he has also been quoted as saying Tom's development at "fullback "will only get better

This goes to show what happens when head up the ass egos (HUTAE) get together in a collective and start making lists based upon their individual biases and subjective assessments. Generally HUTAE commence by labelling their collective something like “The Brains Trust” and then go obliviously into full destructive mode.

An anecdote to put this into perspective. I recall, still with some amazement, at my last position before I retired, that such a brains trust actually had the genius idea of making a list with 2 columns, 1) “Flight Risk” and 2) “Non Flight Risk”. Of course what side you ended up on did not necessarily correlate with reality, it was just a brains trusts members opinion on whether you were likely to hang around. Genius right? Great way to sort things and move forward isn’t it? Astonishing brilliant?

So what happened next? Well the people on the “Flight Risk” side of the ledger started to be treated like sh#@e, because they were going to leave anyway! Well guess one can see that making sense, though with questionable morality, it was a business after all! :swear:

And then what? Well the people on the “Non Flight Risk” side of the ledger also started to be treated like sh#@e, because they weren’t going anywhere!!! :banghead:

Needless to say very few wished to be there, morale was crap and most left.

So I do fear this is exactly what has happened to our beloved Sea Eagles, a bunch of HUTAEs got into control a couple of years ago and started making lists……….the rest is history and it don't look like changing any time soon.....:eek:

It certainly seems that way, we lost ( I seem to remember) 15 last year, and what's it this year , another 16.

That's 31 players in two years, wouldn't exactly create confidence if you were looking at Manly as a home for your career would it?

It certainly seems that way, we lost ( I seem to remember) 15 last year, and what's it this year , another 16.

That's 31 players in two years, wouldn't exactly create confidence if you were looking at Manly as a home for your career would it?

I had those figures wrong , 17 announced yesterday plus TRed & Bargesrse mid year , that's 19 plus the 15 last year.

Thirty four!!!

FMD that's not a rebuild that's Armageddon!!!

What a disgusting announcement to make after a pathetic year and a lethargic performance tonight

This club is a disgrace!!!

Shame shame shame
Agree - read the email that was distributed - it was so cold and shows such a lack of respect - not even a few lines on what they have done for the club. A total disgrace and embarrassment - the club should be ashamed of itself.

Agree - read the email that was distributed - it was so cold and shows such a lack of respect - not even a few lines on what they have done for the club. A total disgrace and embarrassment - the club should be ashamed of itself.

Done in 5 minutes after reading on here us discussing it, reactionary only!!

Seriously what do you guys want ! Footy is a business these days ! Obviously the club has underperformed over the past 2 years and changes needed to be made. I have no problem whatsoever in the Club making decisions to let Players go.
I am sure they were all told a few weeks ago anyway. To all those bleeding hearts on this forum get real and show some substance and understand to be successful tough decisions need to be made. Of the players on that list no one yes no one has had a breakout season with the possible exception of Viave who went to Parra because they were willing to pay overs as they normally do.
So guys lets look forward to next year and lets all get behind the club and give Barrett & Co one more chance to attain to what as been a very frustrating year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4