Departing players announced.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
a) it is bad form to announce player departures while they still have games to go for their current club...
b) with a couple of exceptions, those players all came here to play reserves or fringe players, looking for a challenge and to extend their careers...
c) moving that many players out means we will definitely be bringing in a whole horde of new ones, which is always exciting. We do need a rebuild, and I agree we may very well be looking at coaching as part of that before too long, but fresh players need to be brought in.

Yes, personally I would have liked to see more game-time for some of them, and they haven't kicked on (which is hard when you play for our reggies, I guess), but they were almost all on one-year deals, or coming to the end of longer contracts (Starlo). Many of them will have wanted to move on anyway, to try and find a club where they are likely to get a run in firsts (Knights).

d) Good luck to them all, it is always sad to see players go, and harder still when you see them playing for other clubs and know that they once busted a gut to play for the Eagles (Gutho, Hiku, JSL, Lui...)

Been a Manly supporter since the day I was born in 1961, that will never change. I hate it when we under perform or not in the finals (which is my benchmark for a successful year). Is the clean out due to trying to offload injury prone players, replace players who had not lived up to the hype? You can't blame Barrett if we can't field a competitive team? Is this managements version of OK this was one of those years, now we will give you your team list and you live or die by it.
Got to admit it is stressful waiting to hear who our actual team signings are. Club should provide a release date so all of us can chill out. Guess they have agreed not to make some announcements due to signings still involved in the finals, - well I hope we getting players still involved?

We have had two of our most disappointing seasons in over a decade back to back and you guys are angry that we're cutting players??

I'd be angry if we kept them.

I'll reserve my anger for 6 rounds into next season once we've seen how the new crop is going. We're in a rebuilding phase.

Im not at all pissed off with the cuts except for Knight, however its the ones (or two in particular) that have remained kinda sets the standard for more future dissapointment

The only player of decent value on that list is Jamie Lyon.

There are only two that I'm a little annoyed, but understand why they'd be let go for other opportunities.

Nico Hynes - Not as good as you all make him out to be, yes he has potential, but we've bought Cullen, who in my opinion has a much higher ceiling. Also the 20's halfback who's name eludes me right now has shown more promise in my eyes.

Hugh Pratt - More potential for a first grade career than Hynes. But Parcell. But Api. I said earlier on in the season I'd rather lose Pratt than leave him rotting behind other players in Reserve Grade. I have no doubt he'll be in First Grade in a season or two elsewhere, while we have the future QLD 80 minute hooker running around the park for us, why keep him?

Also I'll post this here since I'm already typing - Can probably post it inn numerous threads. Lewis Brown/Trent Barrett. Yes he's a utility bench player, and more of a hooker/edge back rower. But he has the ability to play centres, and you lot need to understand how the second tier cap works. We were on the verge of exceeding it from around Round 15 due to the high amount of injuries we've suffered. The NRL WILL NOT give a club special dispensation (ala Parker/Bainbridge/Knight) if you have a fit player in your Top 25 available to play the position.

Baz has his hands tied.

As far as the "high" amount of turnover. 4/5 of those guys named were Top 25 this year, most were 20's and NSW Cup. Every club has a turnover of the plebs like this every single season, usually more. You're all just up in arms because we've had another poor, and unfortunate season in which we are not used to. Take the blinkers off.

Im not at all pissed off with the cuts except for Knight, however its the ones (or two in particular) that have remained kinda sets the standard for more future dissapointment

Should have addressed this in the above post, these guys are off contract and not being extended. Move those guys on who you're talking about, who are still contracted and we end up in a Newcastle type salary cap drama where we have no room to move because we are paying players to be at other clubs.

We have had two of our most disappointing seasons in over a decade back to back and you guys are angry that we're cutting players??

I'd be angry if we kept them.

I'll reserve my anger for 6 rounds into next season once we've seen how the new crop is going. We're in a rebuilding phase.
We are angry because we are not cutting more player such as the plodders still in our top 25

We are angry because of the cull at the end of 2015 when we were told that the messiah Fulton was saving the club and putting together a more competative team for 2016 that was supposed to be in the top 4.

It didn't happen and why should we believe that the team will be any better next year with even more culling?

With all the injuries i would have liked to see more of Goodall and Lavaka. But oh well can't keep em all.

I'm sure the club would've liked to have seen more from them too and that is probably why they are on the list - they didn't show enough.

This is good news!!!

All these players are not first grade quality. (Except Lyon) We have been ripping into them all year as not up to it. Hopefully the clean out continues with myles and brown. Williame was lucky to be resigned but he was only on 80k so i guess the upgrade wouldn't of been too much?

Get rid if the deadwood and start to sign some decent players. Snake and matai, there is a lot depending on those two as well, as to how Manly plan for their retirement in either in 2017 or 2018?

Frankenstein better have a huge off season and muscle up as the game is too tough for atm coming from 7s rugby.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2