Dce out Hastings in?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Quite keen to see how Hastings goes. Was surprised they picked Cullen ahead of him last week TBH. Maybe he hasn't pulled his head in far enough yet.

Hi Frogz, thanks for the dislike, what I am saying Game 1 - 42 metres; Game 2 - 71 mtrs = 2 games 113 metres? 160 mins? (stats on NRL) He's our leader. He should lead by example. According to the thread maybe he had an excuse, but if so, why was he playing with an injury?

Interested to see how Hastings goes. I really hope he shines to give us some hope of a decent long term option in the halves or hooker. Would be good with the 7 on his back to organise the team and provide that good passing and kicking game but who plays hooker? Api cant pass but either could cullen who is more suited to 6. So you could have cullen at 6 and hastings at hooker but can cullen organise a team because dce cant
I'd try Hastings and DCE together with Hastings the organiser and goal kicker and give Joey Lussick a crack at 9. He is a solid build, seems a good defender, a good back-up goal kicker and a can't be worse than Api in the passing department.

Again though, it may be a 2nd tier restriction issue for Lussick.

Quite keen to see how Hastings goes. Was surprised they picked Cullen ahead of him last week TBH. Maybe he hasn't pulled his head in far enough yet.
I think it is more to do with him having a limited off season with his surgery.

Had enough of Api, he ain't improving. Had enough of brown he ain't improving. Had enough of Myles he ain't improving. Had enough of Bozo he ain't helping us improve by not releasing these un-improving, slow moving men

Jeez it's a worry when there is this kind of hope instilled in Jackson Hastings. If dce is injured then replace but this guy is not in the same ball park as dce. Give Jackson a shot and let him be torn down by the boards after 1 game as that's likely how it will play out. I really would like to be proven wrong here but I doubt it will happen. If fit the position of halfback and 5/8 is a no brainer and it ain't Jackson Hastings in either. He is a back up for injury and that's it.

Fellow Eagles, I will come out and say what I suspect a number of us are thinking. Cherry-Evans is an arrogant and dismissive individual who seems to consistently evade taking responsibility for his actions. His public demeanour during the contract saga was a disgrace and disrespectful toward Sea Eagle fans and the club. His media and playing form have been below par since, with his press conferences hi-lighting his patronising and idiotic engagement. I do acknowledge his injuries and the loss of key go forward personnel however, his stats are not good for a million dollar player. I would not put him in the top 50 players in the NRL over the past two years. As Manly captain, the half back, highest paid player and captain, he needs to be seriously scrutinised. While he clearly has the talent, he seems to be lacking the heart, and is no where even close to the standard of players on similar income to himself.

Interested to see how Hastings goes. I really hope he shines to give us some hope of a decent long term option in the halves or hooker. Would be good with the 7 on his back to organise the team and provide that good passing and kicking game but who plays hooker? Api cant pass but either could cullen who is more suited to 6. So you could have cullen at 6 and hastings at hooker but can cullen organise a team because dce cant

It's pretty much unanimous around here that our first choice halfback can't organise, and our first choice hooker can't pass.

Yet we are led to believe the reason we can't win games is injuries...

Throwing this out there:

What happens if Hastings comes in, steers us around the park really well, and wins a game against the Cowboys in a solid fashion? What happens if he has chemistry with Blake Green?

Do we just throw DCE back in because he's DCE the next week? You literally couldn't play him in Blacktown.

What would we do?

Also come to the realization that @susan was right. We are sorely lacking a proper #9, and I can't believe we lost Parcell.

Throwing this out there:

What happens if Hastings comes in, steers us around the park really well, and wins a game against the Cowboys in a solid fashion? What happens if he has chemistry with Blake Green?

Do we just throw DCE back in because he's DCE the next week? You literally couldn't play him in Blacktown.

What would we do?

Also come to the realization that @susan was right. We are sorely lacking a proper #9, and I can't believe we lost Parcell.
We could not be any worse with Hastings probably lose by less than with DCE after all they will be marking the Golden boy. DCE should retire and get a job with on the couch with Sterlo talking up the way the game is.

Fellow Eagles, I will come out and say what I suspect a number of us are thinking. Cherry-Evans is an arrogant and dismissive individual who seems to consistently evade taking responsibility for his actions. His public demeanour during the contract saga was a disgrace and disrespectful toward Sea Eagle fans and the club. His media and playing form have been below par since, with his press conferences hi-lighting his patronising and idiotic engagement. I do acknowledge his injuries and the loss of key go forward personnel however, his stats are not good for a million dollar player. I would not put him in the top 50 players in the NRL over the past two years. As Manly captain, the half back, highest paid player and captain, he needs to be seriously scrutinised. While he clearly has the talent, he seems to be lacking the heart, and is no where even close to the standard of players on similar income to himself.

Some truth there, however I will say the first part of his most recent contract saga was handled very well by DCE, he had signed quietly for under 1 million it was the new administration that did not recognise the deal and DCE went looking elsewhere as they were focused on Foran.

Sorry to play the realist card, guys, but does it really matter who we have in the halves if our forward pack continues to be dominated by the opposition? I know our front rowers are missing through suspension, but our second rowers have also been conspicuously absent. A halves partnership of Jesus H. CHrist and Joe E. Johns couldn't help us at the moment, so it's asking a lot of Hastings to come to the rescue…

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8