DCE looks Lost

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I think you will find Watmough, Stewart, King , Ballin & Kite are bigger than Winterstein, Lawrence, Kennedy, Brown, Myles, & api.

Remember our top 5 biggest boys were missing last week, the smallest being 112Kgs
your forgetting our results over the last 2 seasons , we have had our full forward pack for many games that we lost.

your forgetting our results over the last 2 seasons , we have had our full forward pack for many games that we lost.

Whilst missing many of our backline of Stewart, Lyon, Matai, DCE, Walker.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have not had any games with even 15 of our top 17 available for over 2 years now.

This year Stewart and Matai start us with the handicap, add to that Lussick and Lane have also missed the first 2 weeks. Then Suspensions to AFB and Marty with Perretts injury meant we were down 7 last week.

Whilst missing many of our backline of Stewart, Lyon, Matai, DCE, Walker.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have not had any games with even 15 of our top 17 available for over 2 years now.

This year Stewart and Matai start us with the handicap, add to that Lussick and Lane have also missed the first 2 weeks. Then Suspensions to AFB and Marty with Perretts injury meant we were down 7 last week.

Our run with injuries brings its own issues BUT teams like MELBOURNE never seem to get phased who is injured, they keep wining. Stop protecting and making excuses , the coach makes a major difference in all facets e.g. team spirits, game plans, structures, senior player ownership, which we are sorely missing.

STORM have lost many high profile players over the years, they introduce NONAMES and they still become professional in every aspect of their game...to name but a few losses...
1. Koroibete
2. Slater (injured )
3. Proctor
4. Inglis
5. Green
6. O'Neil
7. Widdop
8. Kurt Mann
6. Many Forwards gone
should i keep going ...STORM KEEP WINNING

Last edited:
Our run with injuries brings its own issues BUT teams like MELBOURNE never seem to get phased who is injured, they keep wining. Stop protecting and making excuses , the coach makes a major difference in all facets of the teams spirits, game plans, senior player ownership, which we are sorely missing.
STORM
1. Koroibete Gone - Still Winning
2. Slater (injured ) - Still Winning
3. Proctor Gone - Still Winning
4. Inglis Gone -Still Winning
5. Blake Green - Still Winning
6. Several Forwards gone - Still Winning
should i keep going ...

Protecting?? WTF

So they have had 1 injury and keep winning, WOW!!1

You use Inglis as an example - he was gone just to get them salary cap compliant FFS and that was many years ago now.

We have turned over about 50 players in the time they have turned over the 6 listed above. Hardly like they are anywhere near as disrupted as us.

Protecting?? WTF

So they have had 1 injury and keep winning, WOW!!1

You use Inglis as an example - he was gone just to get them salary cap compliant FFS and that was many years ago now.

We have turned over about 50 players in the time they have turned over the 6 listed above. Hardly like they are anywhere near as disrupted as us.
your missing the principal

Ahhh Cowboys have finished 15th in two seasons (2008, 2010) with JT as Halfback and captain

As simple as it is to narrow a teams problems to one player that is not how footy works

I said our team disCo, not Cowboys 2008/2010 team.
Our current team.
To simplify it for you...
If Thurston was our half on Saturday night and dce was theirs, who do you think would win??
No brainer

DCE needs cogs turning around him. For mine, he is putting in, but since he isn't a one man showstopper (but is paid / promoted that way, and as such our expectations are that he is) the sword falls on him.
I see him having a good dig, but i'm not seeing a book of plays that work around / involve him. Everything just seems ad-lib, with no structure.

Watch the storm when they get a penalty, before the kick for touch, the whole team knows what the plays will be for the set of six, they don't stop to suck on drink bottles and stare at the grass. Similar at scrums. Cronk / Smith will yell out / throw up a signal and the whole team gets set for it, then puts it into action. We don't seem to have any of that, which is worrying. Remember those backline sweeps we'd do just about every attacking set? When was the last time we saw one of them? Remember when we'd have players counting the numbers on the other team on the go and adjusting the D line to match what they were doing. It'd be very interesting to see just what structures are worked on at training, and how thick the playbook is, because on the field it looks pretty thin, and relying on luck / individuals to make things happen.
mate we barely have any plays at all. When south had us under the pump we had our backs doing hit ups. why don't we have any plays to get out of our half? watch other teams they do the block plays and make at least 20 meters then a fast play the ball etc we just try go up the middle with no forwards and players like Frank putting I'm 3 hit ups all game is just pathetic it makes me so mad we lost buhrer for someone like him or sironen. sironen is young so could prove good but for buhrer a mmanly man no way. It's like we have no game plan at all. Reynolds is just allowed to dictate terms with the boot pretty much unchecked. we should of ran traffic at him all day but we didn't oon the last we just put up bombs and no pressure it's pathetic. we need Des back and players why want to play for manly dce is a good player he showd what he can do in that 1st 20 he was lethal and everywhere we need the players around him to be better. It was the Stewarts and Lyon who made dce not foran

DEFENCE DEFENSE DEFENSE wins games , and that we have not got right for several seasons.

This is where structures & fitness are missing .
Not to mention the winning psyche.
all the above the Coach should instill in the playing group.

If JT was our halfback, we might score more points and win some games but it wont fix our dismal attitude in defense which a top 4 side must have.

As simple as it is to narrow a teams problems to one player[/QUOTE]
Guys who have played their best footy in year under Barrett:
TTurbo
JTurbo
AFB
Lussick
Uate
Kelly
Bainbridge
Parker

What the ????
Pass the drink!!
The Turbos had only just started careers when Barrett started and would have improved under any coach...AFB - same boat...Uate had a fallout at Newcastle and his form is down on what he showed originally - nonsense.....Bainbridge/ Kelly /Parker - all only played under Barrett so mute points.
Barrett has no doubt had a tough run to the point, imo - has not had a real chance to show what he can do- but to pretend he has magically improved these players mentioned, in particular those who only debuted under Barrett - belongs in the stupidity thread.

Our current team.
If Thurston was our half on Saturday night and dce was theirs, who do you think would win??
No brainer
You can't explain logic to some....but your 100% spot on.
A few on here sook if you make honest calls relating to players and coaches.
Dont worry though....plenty appreciate good honest input mate.

Our current team.
No brainer

Haha save the tanty

My point is results dont rest on ones shoulders but if we want to talk theoreticals then I'll play

Against the eels our biggest issue was possession, we kept turning over the pill and therefore had to tackle our buts off. So honestly no I dont think JT would have made the difference unless you are implying he would have been taking our hitups and not knocking on???

Against Souths we started in a blaze of glory then tailed off.....a bit part of that was our smaller pack being overwhelmed. Now JT can't help there but he could have made a difference with our goal kicking. 18-0 or even 16-0 would have really deflated them. From there his experience and game management would have certainly helped

So all in all I would say JT makes no difference in round 1 but could have got us over the line in round 2

You can't explain logic to some....but your 100% spot on.
A few on here sook if you make honest calls relating to players and coaches.
Dont worry though....plenty appreciate good honest input mate.

Not sooking mate nor am I saying DCE is killing it at the moment

Just see fans over and over look for a silver bullet, one magical thing that will fix our season. The "we arent a poor team" we just need DCE taking charge" or "We aren't a poor team, Taufua just cant catch bombs" or "We arent a poor team, just Api cant pass"

And its not that simple, a footy team is a sum of many moving parts and you need all of them to click.

Do we need DCE to lift his game? Yes
Will that solve all our problems? No

Last edited:
Not sooking mate nor am I saying DCE is killing it at the moment

Just see fans over and over look for a silver bullet, one magical thing that will fix our season. The "we arent a poor team" we just need DCE taking charge" or "We aren't a poor team, Taufua just cant catch bombs" or "We arent a poor team, just Api cant pass"

And its not that simple, a footy team is a sum of many moving parts and you need all of them to click.

Do we need DCE to lift his game? Yes
Will that solve all our problems? No
Well played Disco....agree with a good chunk of it....just think Thurston is dominant as a comparison....

That's a list of half backs and five eights, but in any case, over our current pairing I would take Pearce and Keary in a heart beat, esp on "current form", and if we are looking at both the past 12 months and future potential, I'd take cleary, Townsend, Maloney, brooks, Austin, Morgan, Adam Reynolds and Munster. Of the others maybe even maybe John Reynolds for his mongrel factor alone. The rest are borderline on current form vs DCE imho.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I wouldn't touch Pearce or Keary. I agree with Cleary, but I don't see how you can justify Townsend, Maloney and Reynolds on potential. I honestly think they have reach it or are past it. As for Munster, he is a fullback not a half. Hell, he was on the wing last night.

But hey, if you want to even consider swapping DCE for Reynolds I'm just glad you aren't running our recruitment.

Honestly, a lot of people are very critical of DCE. Whilst he hasn't been great, I'd still take him over a significant chunk of current serving NRL halves. But again, we will have to agree to disagree.

Dce is not worth half of what he is getting. Tag monsters must be off his rocker.
Fact is quite simple..
If we had Thurston and the current team we would be winning.
With dce we are not. He is just not a natural leader. Face it

I agree he is not worth anywhere near his current salary based on current form. Never argued that fact. But to think that he would simply give half his salary back is delusional. The club was in between a rock and a hard place when they agreed to that contract. I'd suggest that if we didn't sign him and let him walk we would be in a lot worse position than we are now. Do you think Taupau, Walker et all would have signed with the club if we had nobody of significance? We would be in a very **** position and likely would have beat the Knights for the spoon last season.

DCE is not Thurston and to compare him or any other player to him is simply unfair. I agree he is no a natural leader. Never suggested he was. Blame the club for paying him as such. If the club offered you $1.2mil to play half for Manly for the next 10 years would you turn it down? When you started playing poorly would you simply give it back? Would it be fair if you were compared to Thurston?

Like it or not we are stuck with DCE for the next 6-8 years or whatever it is. Bitching and complaining about how **** he is without offering any suggestions on how he could be better other than "just be better!" is pretty useless.

Ok, rant over.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12