DCE looks Lost

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's the thing though NY, back in 11' he was part of a well oiled machine. And he was paid according, leaving money for quality players across the park. fast forward to 17' and he is on a far bigger pay packet, meaning somewhere along the line that money doesn't go to other quality players. Instead we get panther rejects and knight rejects.
Solution? He has to start playing like a superstar player that is paid millions and start leading this team. Cause in 2017 he doesn't have superstars next to him like, Lyon, glen and Brett, King,kite, Matai. He's the star( supposedly) it's his turn to lead. And mate, he's failing big time. He wants the big bucks? That fine, deliver or fu$k right off.

Side note- I usually agree with your posts NY, just not on this. Lol
Fair enough Hoz - let's agree to stick to our guns and see what happens.
I just thought while watching yesterday that I saw the same elusive running and same passion as prior years. It's just that without forward movement he is not strong enough to beak the line himself. The way he plays he is an excellent broken field runner and would still thrive in a competitive team.
I think we have 3 superstars in the Trobjs and Cherry who are wasted among the Penrith and Newcastle rejects you mention.
But let's see what the future brings.
NYEagle

He definately doesnt look like a million dollars.
Beginning to wish we had spent a quarter of that on someone like Ash Taylor and freed up money for some other players. Do we know how much money will come off the books next year once Matai and Snake are gone?

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Not many halves would succeed with a group of forwards replaced by backs. A little perspective here guys.

Don't give Todd Greenburg the pleasure of us being pissed off.

Then again, I personally do feel we should have contested those charges, but the RIDICULOUS rule about more weeks if you fail kicks in..so don't know.

Maybe our mananagement knew that it was a no win situation with Greenturd at tbe helm and took the lesser of two evils.

Fair enough Hoz - let's agree to stick to our guns and see what happens.
I just thought while watching yesterday that I saw the same elusive running and same passion as prior years. It's just that without forward movement he is not strong enough to beak the line himself. The way he plays he is an excellent broken field runner and would still thrive in a competitive team.
I think we have 3 superstars in the Trobjs and Cherry who are wasted among the Penrith and Newcastle rejects you mention.
But let's see what the future brings.
NYEagle
Completely agree with Turbo bros, pure stars. I sincerely hope cherry makes me eat my words mate. But I guess time will tell.

I just hope fans like yourself, everyone on here and myself are cheering sooner rather than later.

Beginning to wish we had spent a quarter of that on someone like Ash Taylor and freed up money for some other players. Do we know how much money will come off the books next year once Matai and Snake are gone?
At least 1 or 1.2 million, I'm hoping anyway.

Our structures on the last, are the worst in the comp. Our halves generally have to come up with a miracle to get a repeat set. We have already had Sironen and Jake putting in kicks the last two weeks. Baz and Bozo have to go.

You are very wise. It's something several of us have been advocating for the past two seasons. To sack good locals, and players who showed pride in our jumper, and our passionate coach, for rejects from other clubs was criminal. This "grass is greener on the other side" approach was the start of our club's demise in 2016 and it is now in full swing here. I don't blame the players we have. They are simply earning a living. But those officials who caused the problem must go. I put the owners in this same basket.
Very well said.

In particular, the decision to release Jamie Buhrer rivals amongst the dumbest calls our club has ever made

Instead of buying rejects from other clubs 9 of them why not use the juniors and develop them like tom and jake, that know what it is to be manly. I would call up cliffy to help out. Not to late but Barrett must make changes or he will roll. Honeymoon is over, make the hard decisions
This is a good point. Our Holden cup team made the 15 grand final and we retained only a few from that team, allowed them and a coach who turned ****e into gold leave cause he was not aligned to the management. We had an opportunity and we blew it. Now we have a decent Holden cup team developing. Will the club make the same mistake? I do agree that having Manly juniors or players who come through our system is much more beneficial and has been the back bone of our grand final wins.

He looks lost because they didn't explain his match GPS Tracker to him, he thought it would tell him where to go not tell the coaches where he had been

stop blaming DCE...we have turned over well over 20 players in 2 yrs, what has changed ? nothing because the fkn coach is the cause.
who has excelled under TB????

I agree with what everybody is saying.great to see everybody waking up to the fact this guy is a pretender!!
For well over 18months he has been absolutely terrible. He can't control a game, he goes missing big time, and he most definitely can't turn a game on his own like the greats of the game. He is a mouse, he should be yelling at the team to set up the next play, motivating his forwards to take one more hit up, he should be leading. Instead you watch him when it really counts anddddddd Nothing.

Alas he's no leader, he's a mouse.its like a bad fu$king joke. joke is on us though, how many years?

Don't worry though, DCE lovers willing be crowing how good he is when he has a good game in 4 weeks time.
To be fair though... he DID try to rip into his forwards waaaay back in his first season, and George Rose nearly ate him alive. Probably scared him out of EVER telling the team off again!

I want to see some passion from him. I want to see him looking to get the ball in his hands, I want to see him look like he has a plan, I want to see him lift the team with a big play when we need it.
Let's face it, we want to see him be Johnathon Thurston. :wasntme:

My biggest concern with DCE of late is his kicking game. He gets minimal distance on his kicks downfield which allows the opposition good field position. And don't get me started on his kicks to touch, we're lucky if he makes 20 metres, compare this aspect to Reynolds yesterday. It's as if he's been spooked by the incidents where he failed to find touch. His long kicking game used to be right up there with the best in the league, but I can't remember the last time he kicked long into space and turned the opposing wingers/fullback around. Then there is his seeming inability to force a repeat set.
I wonder if Joey Johns really did earn his money?

To be fair though... he DID try to rip into his forwards waaaay back in his first season, and George Rose nearly ate him alive. Probably scared him out of EVER telling the team off again!
Yeh right...in that first season he was a teenager not on 1 million plus a year....
Own the role your paid for.....he is our leader....or should be!!
Personally like DCE and his skill set, but needs to show far more dominance and if Rose ever sprayed halves like Thurston/Langer/Johns - they would have eaten him....these half ass excuses are why this crap is acceptable for those looking for an easy out....personally over the cheap outs...time to win a few games.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8