DCE looking to extend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree - and DCE has played 2 GFs for a win and a MOM in a losing side...

DCE is the cherry-on-top when it comes to big matches... something that young Cleary is yet to demonstrate...

I wish we had got him for less coin too but he is consistently one of our best performers in sh*t team efforts... just wish his short kicking game was a bit more consistent - because when it is on he is an out-and-out gun...
I agree with the consistency bit. Maybe worth $800-850,000 for mine.

I said I’d rather throw money at someone young and cleary is an option, DCE won his grand final when he had a team of champions how has he gone since they retired there’s some facts! Cleary made it to a GF with a heap of young inexperienced players I’d say he isn’t that bad.

It doesn’t have to be Cleary, throw the money at someone else young maybe Dylan Brown?

I thought forums were here so people could share their thoughts not get lol’d for having an opinion. I guess Frank Stokes knows better as we have been going so well the last six years or so...

I said I’d rather throw money at someone young and cleary is an option, DCE won his grand final when he had a team of champions how has he gone since they retired there’s some facts! Cleary made it to a GF with a heap of young inexperienced players I’d say he isn’t that bad.

It doesn’t have to be Cleary, throw the money at someone else young maybe Dylan Brown?

I thought forums were here so people could share their thoughts not get lol’d for having an opinion. I guess Frank Stokes knows better as we have been going so well the last six years or so...
So what's your view of foran?

The timing of this suggests to me DCE will have a huge season showcasing himself to the incoming Queensland side as a major signing. We cannot afford to keep him into his mid 30's soaking up 1.2 million of our salary cap. If he plans to retire at the end of his career in Queensland the outcome is inevitable. We should be grooming and developing his replacement sooner rather than later. The writing is on the wall.

I think we should look to the future. I know there’s all the sombrero stuff but the Roosters have been getting young Sam Walker ready for a while now and, at 18, he’s supposedly next cab off the rank.

The timing of this suggests to me DCE will have a huge season showcasing himself to the incoming Queensland side as a major signing. We cannot afford to keep him into his mid 30's soaking up 1.2 million of our salary cap. If he plans to retire at the end of his career in Queensland the outcome is inevitable. We should be grooming and developing his replacement sooner rather than later. The writing is on the wall.

This was exactly my point but I got the childish Lol, he will be 35 when his option is up why would we spend that money on him and not be able to afford to upgrade Shoe and others coming through.

I think we should look to the future. I know there’s all the sombrero stuff but the Roosters have been getting young Sam Walker ready for a while now and, at 18, he’s supposedly next cab off the rank.

yes he wouldn’t be bad to try and lure away, we also need a 9, but other players taking up too much money is preventing us going to market

I agree that should be the approach by the club but I suspect KW is on the money and a new club in Qld would mean big bucks headed Cherry's way...

...he is a great public speaker, a great player, has a clean record and would make a perfect representative for a new Brisbane team...
Well that is true

And look at near 35 it wont be the time to get into a bidding war.

So if he gets offered a motza North then we would reluctantly have to let him take it

Last edited:
Well that is true

And look at near 35 it wont be the time to get into a biddy war.

So if he gets offered a motza North then we woukd reluctantly have to let him take it
In the end it will come down to where we are at in our 'premiership window', what else is available and, of course, how much he is willing to stay for...

...BUT I would rather pay overs for DCE than less (but still overs) for a Moses, Brooks, Taylor, Croft type player...

Relax mate, I dont think anyone disagrees that Cleary would be a great option to replace Cherry.

It is fairly straightforward to say arguably the best halfback in the league would be a good option.

I believe it is more people think he is not a realistic option....of which I agree

Tough one as I like DCE but his age by the time 2023 comes around will have to be taken into account.

As others have mentioned, if it does turn out that DCE is (or becomes) a target for a new QLD team, I agree it wouldnt be worth our while getting into a bidding war with a cashed up consortium looking to stack their inaugural side with big names to put themselves on the map.

If we start looking like a genuine premiership contender over the next 2 seasons - & possibly even win one - under DCE's leadership then that would put a different skew on things.

I was lol-ing at the idea that Cleary is better than Chez... don't take it personally @Franko...

...I am more than happy to debate different trains of thought (ask around lol) and am not trying to stop you from expressing your thoughts/ideas champion... I just don't agree that throwing a heap of coin at Cleary would be a better approach than throwing the same coin at Cherry... imo people always like the new shiny toy but often forget the quality design of the old dusty one...

I don't think I know better but I do know that Cherry EARNT the coin he got through outstanding performances for the maroon and white... for the record, he should have been 2 for 2 in GFs and his performances were outstanding (even within a 'team of champion')...

Agree entirely

He’ll want the big pay day ( which he’s already had in spades ) and he’ll get that as the marquee signing for the new Brisbane side whereas we need to reduce our expenditure.

I was lol-ing at the idea that Cleary is better than Chez... don't take it personally..
I do agree with you that DCE is a great player and he is better than Cleary at this point in time, however my point was we are better off throwing money at a younger star than one at age 35 when contracts are up. Maybe I should have just said a young player and left it at that. If DCE took a massive pay cut then maybe look at him. His current pay packet limits us from exploring other options. I’d rather invest in our future stars who will be wanting upgrades in 2023, like Shoe Koula, Burbo etc

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8