DCE looking to extend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Our courageous, intelligent and immensely skilled Captain is looking to extend past 2023.

As Captain of a SOO winning Queensland side and, with Scam retired and Cordner injured, likely the Australian Captain-in-waiting we would surely need to throw $1.4M per season his way for a further 3 years to retain him...

Thoughts?

Our courageous, intelligent and immensely skilled Captain is looking to extend past 2023.

As Captain of a SOO winning Queensland side and, with Scam retired and Cordner injured, likely the Australian Captain-in-waiting we would surely need to throw $1.4M per season his way for a further 3 years to retain him...

Thoughts?
Unless he can get us to a GF in the next 3 years then NO!

I think this year will be a big one for DCE. Great player and with some fit guys around him can do anything on the field. Imo he is still the best clutch field goal kicker in the league and prob in more recent history. Every time we head into Golden point or field goal kick offs I’m always real confident we will win with DCE.

Yeah Nah. This current deal was one of the worst decisions the club has made. It has hamstrung our salary cap for 8 years and we really haven't had the success to justify it. He has two years left on this deal to deliver the premiership he is craving. Make it happen.

We need to move on from DCE post 2023. If he wants to stay for a reasonable price then fine, but no way would I be extending him on anywhere near the money we are paying him now.

Yeah Nah. This current deal was one of the worst decisions the club has made. It has hamstrung our salary cap for 8 years and we really haven't had the success to justify it. He has two years left on this deal to deliver the premiership he is craving. Make it happen.

We need to move on from DCE post 2023. If he wants to stay for a reasonable price then fine, but no way would I be extending him on anywhere near the money we are paying him now.
Agreed he can stay Post 2023 season but for a reduced amount and see us the next 3 years playing finals footy.

Last edited:
No way! When the 8 year deal expires at the end of 2023, I think it will be a season to season deal for DCE at a REDUCED price! The decision to award this contract to DCE is a major reason why our cap is unbalanced.

In another 3 years time we will have the likes of Schuster if he really breaks out demanding big money.

If DCE really loves the club and wants to stay you would hope that he would put the club first if it comes to a new deal!

Those that aren't fans of DCE, who would you realistically replace him with. DCE is in the 3, if not top 2, half-backs in the comp, the other being Cleary and there's no way would we ever land him.
In one of, if not the most important position on the field, I am comfortable with the $$ we are paying him. He is rarely injured and as has been mentioned is the best field goal exponent in the comp in clutch situations. With extra support around him, I'm expecting DCE to go onto greater heights in 2021.

No way rather throw that money to young ones, I know people won’t like it but someone like Nathan Cleary would be a good partner for Shoe. Can kick and steer the team and let shoe play his game.
Lol... he didn't do that too well in origin or the GF last year...
Cherry has runs on the board...

I was expecting you to be in the 'extend' camp CnC :)

It's kind of weird how this has come up now. It's hardly a story. Unless, of course, a certain new Brisbane team is sniffing around...
Could there ever be a better time for Cherrys management to put pen to paper? I wouldn't be waiting until after Origin... sure it would be better if he was named Oz Captain but when is the next international?

Lol... he didn't do that too well in origin or the GF last year...
Cherry has runs on the board...
He is only young at 23 and learning his craft still, at least he made it to the GF, how did we go? Do we have a game manager? Because DCE as good as he is can drift in and out of games. Our talent coming through are great runners and have flare but need a game manager.

Maybe at the end of next season to evaluate things with D C E , let 's just see how things go this season and 2022 with him in Manly colours Got no doubt that he will would prefer to stay at least to the end of his Manly contract , after that , who really knows , certainly could not expect a 1 . 3 mil contract again or anywhere for that matter

Could there ever be a better time for Cherrys management to put pen to paper? I wouldn't be waiting until after Origin... sure it would be better if he was named Oz Captain but when is the next international?
He didn't make the Kangaroo Merit side picked after Origin, so he is no guarantee to be wearing Green and Gold let alone captaining it

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8