[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Orford was a good half. Not a great one. He had Brett and Glenn Stewart, Matai, Bell, Jamie Lyon, Kite, King, Watmough, Robertson, Williams, Ballin, Perry, Menzies in the 2008 side. He had a champion side around him. He was good because he ensured the stars got good ball. Now being in such a top side, and being in a top side when with the Storm, he should have easily got rep duties. What was his rep history? Three games with NSW City side.

DCE is a top tier half. For years since 2015 he has had a pedestrian backline with the only other rep player unavailable for long terms in Turbo. The forward line up has been adequate, but do they compare with the 2008 or 2011 side? No way. Yet DCE has often been in a side languishing in the bottom half of the comp, and has still been selected as Test and Queensland half, and is now Queensland captain in a winning side.. He's played 21 tests, 23 SOOS, 3 PM 13s, one Rookie of the Year 2011, half back of the year 2014, is one of only three players to have won the Clive Churchill Award in a losing Grand Final side 2013.

Of course you have the right to a personal perspective as we all have. But the figures, the opinions of the Manly, Queensland and Australian selectors, seem to see things quite differently. Orford was a good fit in a top tier side. A good safe player but not a great one. DCE has been playing in an average side as captain with a backline with only himself and often absent Turbo making an impact. He's a top tier player, and the information available seems very much to support that position. Is there factual or even conjectural material that I've missed?

It was such a gun side. Craig Field would have even looked good in that side. The Ox was a smart gutsy 7 but not in DCEs class.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
DCE scored 33 points on Fantasy league compared to his M.O.M in Origin. Yep there you have it that's where his priorities once again lay while another rocks performance for Manly but who cares , he's got his 6 investment properties out of us.

I dont know a half in the comp that has to put out the kick meter numbers dce has too just to get that lazy pack over the advantage line. Lazy coaching lazy players.

Ryan

Journey Man
DCE scored 33 points on Fantasy league compared to his M.O.M in Origin. Yep there you have it that's where his priorities once again lay while another rocks performance for Manly but who cares , he's got his 6 investment properties out of us.

Been in our team since 2011 (and the main play-maker):

2011 - 4th (Hasler)
2012 - 4th (Toovey)
2013 - 4th (Toovey)
2014 - 2nd (Toovey)
2015 - 9th (Toovey)
2016 - 13th (Barrett)
2017 - 6th (Barrett)
2018 - 15th (Barrett)
2019 - 6th (Hasler)
2020 - 13th (Hasler)
2021 - 4th (Hasler)
2022 - 11th (Hasler)
2023 - 12th (Siebold)
2024 - 10th (Siebold)

(so the last 10 years, including this one, we've averaged 10th).

In the last decade, he's made the finals 3 from 10 times (plays finals 30% of the time)
In the last decade, he's won 2 from 6 finals (33% win ratio)
In the last decade, we had 3 years in the bottom 10 defensively in our entire history
If Siebold finishes 10th or below, he's on track to match Barrett's standings with us

Now, I'll supplement everything above with the fact it's a team sport. But it also highlights how bog dog**** we've been for half a generation (10 years)

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member

2011 - 4th (Hasler)
2012 - 4th (Toovey)
2013 - 4th (Toovey)
2014 - 2nd (Toovey)
2015 - 9th (Toovey)
2016 - 13th (Barrett)
2017 - 6th (Barrett)
2018 - 15th (Barrett)
2019 - 6th (Hasler)
2020 - 13th (Hasler)
2021 - 4th (Hasler)
2022 - 11th (Hasler)
2023 - 12th (Siebold)
2024 - 10th (Siebold)

Now, I'll supplement everything above with the fact it's a team sport. But it also highlights how bog dog**** we've been for half a generation (10 years)
As captain DCE has a 37% win rate. Fuk me dead how many other clubs would still keep a player as captain with that sort of win %. 7 and a half years as captain we've made the finals 3 times for 2 wins. It's just a pitiful record but somehow we're meant to believe the club's propaganda line that he's one of our greatest ever.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
As captain DCE has a 37% win rate. Fuk me dead how many other clubs would still keep a player as captain with that sort of win %. 7 and a half years as captain we've made the finals 3 times for 2 wins. It's just a pitiful record but somehow we're meant to believe the club's propaganda line that he's one of our greatest ever.
Perspective Time ...
What a load of Misinformation of the Great DCE
DCE has Been a Great Winning Leader under Great coaches and at 35 years of age he is still winning and leading the way

The Great DCE still number one
1717993897288.png

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart

2011 - 4th (Hasler)
2012 - 4th (Toovey)
2013 - 4th (Toovey)
2014 - 2nd (Toovey)
2015 - 9th (Toovey)
2016 - 13th (Barrett)
2017 - 6th (Barrett)
2018 - 15th (Barrett)
2019 - 6th (Hasler)
2020 - 13th (Hasler)
2021 - 4th (Hasler)
2022 - 11th (Hasler)
2023 - 12th (Siebold)
2024 - 10th (Siebold)

My goodness Ryan. You certainly have it in for DCE. Did I not see DCE playing in the SOO only a few days ago. And you expect he'll just come on and play without any problems. He's usually one of the top Fantasy players in the Manly side. His performance this week was just not as good as he usually is. The chart you give is meaningless because its a team sport and one player doesn't win premierships alone. By the way, Manly came first in 2011 (GF) and second under controversial circumstances in the 2013 GF.

I would suggest without DCE we would have had at least one maybe two or three wooden spoons. DCE saved their bacon several times in those poor years. If we look at Thurston for comparison using your chart, who was one of the best halves in the past few decades, his Cowboys came 15th in 2008, 12th in 2009, 15th in 2010 and 14th in 2018. Do we blame that on Thurston. Its like blaming Brooks for Wests poor performances over the past decade, or Gutherson for the wooden spoons Parra gained during his tenure. To me you're just looking for reasons to hate DCE.

hozza

Bencher

2011 - 4th (Hasler)
2012 - 4th (Toovey)
2013 - 4th (Toovey)
2014 - 2nd (Toovey)
2015 - 9th (Toovey)
2016 - 13th (Barrett)
2017 - 6th (Barrett)
2018 - 15th (Barrett)
2019 - 6th (Hasler)
2020 - 13th (Hasler)
2021 - 4th (Hasler)
2022 - 11th (Hasler)
2023 - 12th (Siebold)
2024 - 10th (Siebold)

Winners x1000
He’s been our fearless captain for 9 long years and delivered ZERO, nothing, can’t be deputed.
Worst Captain in our history, period. No other team around the world would put up with a captain that has a winning percentage as bad as his. We’ve changed coaches, 5/8ths, hookers, forward packs, fullbacks. Craziness.
Doesn’t hold a candle to the great players of yesteryear. Orford, Ballin, Menzies, Bozo, Cement, Stewart Bris, watmough, Kingy, Kite, Jamie L, Ridge, on it goes. All got him well and truly covered.

But you know, as you were fanboi’s. keep telling how great he is for…………..QLD, lol.

Ryan

Journey Man
My goodness Ryan. You certainly have it in for DCE. Did I not see DCE playing in the SOO only a few days ago. And you expect he'll just come on and play without any problems. He's usually one of the top Fantasy players in the Manly side. His performance this week was just not as good as he usually is. The chart you give is meaningless because its a team sport and one player doesn't win premierships alone. By the way, Manly came first in 2011 (GF) and second under controversial circumstances in the 2013 GF.

I would suggest without DCE we would have had at least one maybe two or three wooden spoons. DCE saved their bacon several times in those poor years. If we look at Thurston for comparison using your chart, who was one of the best halves in the past few decades, his Cowboys came 15th in 2008, 12th in 2009, 15th in 2010 and 14th in 2018. Do we blame that on Thurston. Its like blaming Brooks for Wests poor performances over the past decade, or Gutherson for the wooden spoons Parra gained during his tenure. To me you're just looking for reasons to hate DCE.

I certainly do NOT have it in for DCE. Take that agenda, and go wandering in the woods with it.
He is our captain and key play maker. He's our senior player (and highest paid). If you think coming on average 10th for a decade (3 finals in 10 years), 6 of those finals, having lost 4 of them is okay, then sweet.

I supplemented what I said with the fact it's a team sport. But at the same time, I expect Tom Trbojevic, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jake Trbojevic (who soak up maybe 40% of our salary cap) to lead the way, sorry.

I don't think those results over 10 years from our marquee group is satisfactory.

hozza

Bencher
He's far from perfect, but it does highlight the rubbish players we've had around him over the years.
Clearly he divides fans, look at all of us right? Either camp Dce or not. At a minimum he shouldn’t be Captain for that reason alone, he’s a divisive figure, point blank. Sometime a leadership change in the playing group is needed. Happens throughout team sport worldwide.

As for Dce being one of our best ever? Will be fiercely debated for ever……… that alone says he’s not. At least to me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18