[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
He did well especially in the first half, wonderful try, great try assist for Thommo on half time. Second half like the rest of the team too many mistakes. With 8 to go and we are 14 up the play is get the ball into the corners with a kick on the last, he threw a bullet pass and an error and they scored directly from it. DCE has to manage games at the back end its the only real thing that is missing from his game.
That was the bullet pass to Moses Suli, who was out there after being needled up and clearly only had full use of one of his arms. Have to admit I yelled at the TV after that one. But the whole team seemed intent on giving Parramatta a way back into the game by that stage.

He ran the ball a few times. . He didnt even have to dummy for the try. Its round 65 and we scored our first try from a kick. What he did yesterday and to an extent last week also is that he played his role. In fact many consider last week to be DCE worst game. I quite liked the fact that he took a halfbacks head on to the field. Or a number 6 head. It doesnt matter. I hate that loophole

No one expects cherry to be MOM every week. Just to play his role and if he plays that and fails then he is judged on his actions. Currently on this forum he is judged on what he would have done if others were better in magical la la land.
Chery cherry hes our man

Yesterday he met his expectations as a halfback , nothing more for a player of his standing.its great he has fans and keep that chant rolling but if anyone thinks cherries game yesterday justifies the rest of the season, well your missing the point

cherries misgivings have been ahot topic for many years , and i get that gets emotional. But keep context and dont let your emotions embelish his footy.

Para handed us that game on a plate coughing up the ball every time it mattered. Broncos the same

The things that have been missing in cherries game have everything to do with practice and attitude. That is not form its a mind set. He looked under pressure when he ran out yesterday. He should be

Nice win, and he played well. Some might say he earnt his paycheck................THIS WEEK

does this make me a hater ? Of cherry, manly what, because i think as a club. We could use his contract money to strengthen the club by getting a a few players with his money as opposed to the stupid arguement of who would you replace him with. You would get a 6, 7 and a back up 9 or similar

No ones right, its opinion based , but if a footy opinion is scowled at on a footy forum , only to be replaced with chery cherry hes our man, well you can see straight there its headed for trouble
Sorry, but you are completely wrong as always. You regularly week in week out post crap about DCE. Even now still complaining we should spend the money elsewhere. Most commentators, players, experts, pass Manly greats all think highly of DCE and he plays one bad game like last week and apparently he has been inconsistent for many years. What a load of absolute crap. He has been one of the best if not the best half backs in the game for years now, your comments are just pathetic every week.

He ran the ball a few times. . He didnt even have to dummy for the try. Its round 65 and we scored our first try from a kick. What he did yesterday and to an extent last week also is that he played his role. In fact many consider last week to be DCE worst game. I quite liked the fact that he took a halfbacks head on to the field. Or a number 6 head. It doesnt matter. I hate that loophole

No one expects cherry to be MOM every week. Just to play his role and if he plays that and fails then he is judged on his actions. Currently on this forum he is judged on what he would have done if others were better in magical la la land.
Chery cherry hes our man

Yesterday he met his expectations as a halfback , nothing more for a player of his standing.its great he has fans and keep that chant rolling but if anyone thinks cherries game yesterday justifies the rest of the season, well your missing the point

cherries misgivings have been ahot topic for many years , and i get that gets emotional. But keep context and dont let your emotions embelish his footy.

Para handed us that game on a plate coughing up the ball every time it mattered. Broncos the same

The things that have been missing in cherries game have everything to do with practice and attitude. That is not form its a mind set. He looked under pressure when he ran out yesterday. He should be

Nice win, and he played well. Some might say he earnt his paycheck................THIS WEEK

does this make me a hater ? Of cherry, manly what, because i think as a club. We could use his contract money to strengthen the club by getting a a few players with his money as opposed to the stupid arguement of who would you replace him with. You would get a 6, 7 and a back up 9 or similar

No ones right, its opinion based , but if a footy opinion is scowled at on a footy forum , only to be replaced with chery cherry hes our man, well you can see straight there its headed for trouble

You should be the coach with great advice like this "things missing in DCE game come down to practice and attitude" wow, so you don't think he practices and has good attitude? Seriously WTF

Excellent bounce back from DCE, after the worst game of his career the week prior.

Keep running that ball.

As an aside, I though Cust taking a couple of early kicks took some pressure of DCE, with Parra not being able to simply load up on him.
Whether Cust stood up, or Cherry finally let some control go, I don't know....but it certainly helps everyone's game.

Sorry, but you are completely wrong as always. You regularly week in week out post crap about DCE. Even now still complaining we should spend the money elsewhere. Most commentators, players, experts, pass Manly greats all think highly of DCE and he plays one bad game like last week and apparently he has been inconsistent for many years. What a load of absolute crap. He has been one of the best if not the best half backs in the game for years now, your comments are just pathetic every week.

I would say we are bit of yin and yang on here. You do enjoy pumping his tyres up weekly which i find just as nauseating. Maybe im not the only one that needs to change the record .

What i’ve been asking of him the last few weeks he did in one game & we won.Short kick throughs on opposition line & to occasionally run the ball straight.Great game well done chez.

You should be the coach with great advice like this "things missing in DCE game come down to practice and attitude" wow, so you don't think he practices and has good attitude? Seriously WTF

Yeah i know ive heard your weekly dribble that turning the ball back inside, not running , not doing things is out of form, and he is a victim
Im sitting on my arse today watching netflix. ill tell the mrs later im not a lazy arse im just out of form. Ill post her reply if you want. Maybe shes a hater too

Apart from D C E" s top all round game last night , his alertness level seemed to really stand out and this is what is really needed every time he is expected and needs to lead the team around the park well . Thought that when he recovered from that kick charge down to race back and support Elliot in the later stages in particular was really important and indicative of his serious commitment level . His 2 nd clearance kick then denied the Eels some crucial territory . Point still remains that when D C E is switched on and on the top of his game like last night always does help the side to do so much better . Of course a very valuable player for Manly but the consistency and game management factor is a valid point . Sure that there will be very few criticisms of him and as our highest paid player if his first class performance against the Eels last night can be the regular norm or close to it going forward .

Cherry is our half back and will be for a few years yet. I wish him all the best and intend to enjoy his good games but job/James is right. The level that Cherry bounced back to yesterday was something like the level that a top price half should be playing. Compare his performance when the Manly forwards were dominating with that of Pearce when the Newcastle forwards were dominating and compare their play when their teams were on the back foot. Cherry needs to build on yesterday’s effort and take even more control and initiative against the Cowboys. Until he can consistently play as well as or better than Pearce, Moses, Cleary, Flanagan etc his performance doesn’t equate to his pay packet.

He certainly has some rusted on fanbois on this site. Had an adequate game last night and already back to immortal status. There is no need to take the criticism of his lack of form or his consistency as a personal attack. It's opinion based on observation, not always right. Just as the list of excuses the guy gets afforded when he does play badly are just opinions and not always right.

I think everyone here understands fully that for us to be any hope of winning DCE needs to play well. We all want that, it's no crime to point it out when he doesn't. Good signs last night, lets build on that.

I think you nailed it when you said if Manly are any chance of winning it's because if DCE playing well. Without him we have no change. I agree he has had some off games but so does every player just don't think he has been that bad and inconsistent for years, that's a bit over the top. He is still a better half than Pearce imo, and Cleary has been good this year with API and a full strength side was was pretty ordinary last year, dropped from NSW and Penrith had one of the worst attacks in the comp.

I would love to see him play like that week in week out, plus have a full strength side for once. I think you will find going back over the years of MVP points he is consistently in the top 3 most weeks. Been a bit patchy of late, but so has the whole team, plus doesn't help when we are down on troops either.

Some of the hate gets a bit tired though, even when he plays well people suggesting we should move him on.

He certainly has some rusted on fanbois on this site. Had an adequate game last night and already back to immortal status. There is no need to take the criticism of his lack of form or his consistency as a personal attack. It's opinion based on observation, not always right. Just as the list of excuses the guy gets afforded when he does play badly are just opinions and not always right.

I think everyone here understands fully that for us to be any hope of winning DCE needs to play well. We all want that, it's no crime to point it out when he doesn't. Good signs last night, lets build on that.
I like your passion for our club and the way you wear your heart on our sleeve and always say it how you see it and yes lets build on our performance from last night !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11